Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Scott County 71 Highlands 20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final Scott county just outclassed Highlands no other way to put it
boom
Yeah they're back!!! LOL
Curious if this is the most points put on a Highlands team
Wow Tiger Blues called this one. With his help I can put my bookie in the poorhouse.:rockon:
Scott Co put 77 on them last year. I think
I thought that was a typo 71 ?!? Really ???
Oh how the mighty have fallen..
Dump a whole case of whoop ass on them. Congrats to Scott County.
I don't care what the talent level is. A WELL COACHED Highlands team does not get beat like this
Now the bad news. Covington Catholic might be better than Scott County
I'd bet on Scott County but it would be a good game. Another long year for the Birdies.
Scott County...... Thank you for doing to Highlands what they've done to so many teams in the past.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Scott County...... Thank you for doing to Highlands what they've done to so many teams in the past.

And Highlands wont whine and complain about it, like so many teams have done in the past...

Congrats to SC. I didn't see the game but sounds like there are some athletes on the squad. How will they fare in 6A this year?

On a side note, it always cracks me up to see outsiders take joy in Highlands losing. I can't imagine being an adult and being butthurt enough about another programs success, to actually take joy in them losing.
I've always had respect for Highlands and their proud tradition. I must ask, what is going on up there?
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:I've always had respect for Highlands and their proud tradition. I must ask, what is going on up there?

To be honest, I think it is a combination of a few things.

I hate to call classes "weak" because I think that can be interpreted as a personal attack, but recently the classes have been on the smaller side, physically. Although this year they do have some bigger kids, and bigger than the previous couple years, they still don't have the size that Highlands did when they were considered dominant. I don't think there is really anything that can be done about that. Some people will say that that means their off season program isn't cutting it, but I don't buy that for a second.

Another factor is Coaching/ Scheme Change. When Dale was there, and Wienrich as the DC, Highlands ran virtually the same offense and defense every year. Thus, a player was learning the same techniques for 4 years, and by senior year they were refined in the scheme. When Dale left, for whatever reason Weinrich felt the need to make schematic changes, which mainly impacted the juniors and seniors who had to learn an entirely new offense and defense in a relatively short amount of time. This year, at least on the defensive side, Highlands went back to the old defensive scheme that they ran while Weinrich ran while Dale was there. However, because the current Juniors and Seniors have never played with this scheme, they are learning it for the first time again.

I have personal gripes with some coaches on the staff, and their specific roles, but I will keep those private. However, I think there are some coaches that don't belong on the staff, or should not have as significant of a role as they currently do.

Overall, and its hard for me to say this after last night, I think Highlands will start trending int he right direction. It might take another year or so for anyone to believe that, but once they get some scheme/coaching stability and they are learning the same scheme from the same coaches for 4 years many of the physical "deficiencies" will be mitigated.
bo67 Wrote:Scott Co put 77 on them last year. I think

Already forgot about that
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Already forgot about that

Scott County won 42-33 last year...
LaFlamaBlanca Wrote:And Highlands wont whine and complain about it, like so many teams have done in the past...

Congrats to SC. I didn't see the game but sounds like there are some athletes on the squad. How will they fare in 6A this year?

On a side note, it always cracks me up to see outsiders take joy in Highlands losing. I can't imagine being an adult and being butthurt enough about another programs success, to actually take joy in them losing.

Don't worry about those you are hating on the Bluebirds.. Cause we all know the reason why they are winning regional and state champs now is because FTH and Cov Cath have moved on to a different class.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:I've always had respect for Highlands and their proud tradition. I must ask, what is going on up there?

Ryle, Cov Cath, Cooper and Simon Kenton. That's whats going on up there. Little shift in power in NKY.
I'm sure glad someone brought up coaching. Cause that's part of the problem.

Talent that lives outside of Highlands district, isnt coming to Highlands anymore.
plantmanky Wrote:Talent that lives outside of Highlands district, isnt coming to Highlands anymore.

Well their enrollment is closed now, so yeah.
:Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap:
LaFlamaBlanca Wrote:And Highlands wont whine and complain about it, like so many teams have done in the past...

I watched the Rockcastle/ Highlands playoff game at Rockcastle a few years ago and sat behind some Highland fans. They were the most obnoxious people I have seen at a football game. I left that game with a poor opinion of Highlands football and ever since then it delights me when their team loses.
Willie Turnover Wrote:I watched the Rockcastle/ Highlands playoff game at Rockcastle a few years ago and sat behind some Highland fans. They were the most obnoxious people I have seen at a football game. I left that game with a poor opinion of Highlands football and ever since then it delights me when their team loses.

Name a program out there that don't have a group of obnoxious fans? Heck I remember a few years ago when Rock came to Lex Cath for a 4A playoff game 2013 and 2014/ refresh my memory... A few had some smerky comments about Lex Cath fans, stadium, choice of PA music, why pay for school, etc etc. So to answer your comment about "butthurt fans" It is everywhere.
Willie Turnover Wrote:I watched the Rockcastle/ Highlands playoff game at Rockcastle a few years ago and sat behind some Highland fans. They were the most obnoxious people I have seen at a football game. I left that game with a poor opinion of Highlands football and ever since then it delights me when their team loses.

A few years ago, or 15? Either way, its problematic that you hold a grudge for that long because a handful of people were obnoxious.
I agree that every program has "that group of fans". Southwestern is the fan base I am from and we probably have a double portion of them. But I guarantee you that there are people out there that take delight when we get beat by 35+ points, because some of our arrogant, obnoxious fans. You reap what you sow.

You seem like a good guy that is knowledgeable about the game and I am sorry about my clapping post. I wish all fans ( Highlands, Southwestern and everywhere else) were more humble in victory and gracious in defeat.
Good Luck to you all the rest of the season.
I never thought I would see Highlands allowing this.
The problem isn't that Highlands lost. The obvious elephant in the room is that they gave up 71 points. A few years ago, Peyton Manning wouldn't have been able to drop 71. I hope, for the sake of KY hs football, they get it straightened out sooner rather than later.
Pages: 1 2