Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Scott County 71 Highlands 20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
LaFlamaBlanca Wrote:Well their enrollment is closed now, so yeah.

Actually its been back open for 2 years now, but they just aint commin no more.
HHS=Teach tackling instead of trying to grab the ball. Worry about conditioning instead of quickness. Kids are as quick as their going to get. They get quicker by age. Play some kids both ways. RE: Conditioning. 4/3 or 5/2 defense. And quit the pro offense stuff. 2 receivers are enough. You always have backs to use out of the backfield. You have to establish the run. One back in the backfield ain't going to get it.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Already forgot about that

Don't worry bo hasn't forgot he lives to watch highlands die.
Maybe bo should coach he has all the answers. The pro style offense does work but the coordinator doesn't.dale had great coaches under him and Weinrich better find some as well. Highlands had great success with multiple WRs, one running back and limited runs. They need to get the talent in town and out of the big schools. People used to want to live in ft Thomas now the want to live in the areas that are more newly developed with way cheaper taxes.
LFB, I whole heartedly agree with everything you said, with the exception of the size part. Highlands has rarely been big;at least not what I consider to be big, particularly on the O line. Heck, I'd make the argument that Highlands best teams had O lines that were average in size or smaller. definitely not big.

Hate to say this because I know a lot of the coaches (most of whom are truly great guys working hard), but in my opinion 90% of the fall is on the Xs and Os, not the Johnnies or Joes.
I have most of the answers. Not all. They don't have the depth they used to have. Nor the talent. That's when coaching comes in.
Stu82. As long as he's the coach. I hope they loose every game. He's a jerk. It's not rocket science. Things don't last forever. It's an easy fix. Might not win state. But won't get beat 71 to 20.
charlie22 Wrote:LFB, I whole heartedly agree with everything you said, with the exception of the size part. Highlands has rarely been big;at least not what I consider to be big, particularly on the O line. Heck, I'd make the argument that Highlands best teams had O lines that were average in size or smaller. definitely not big.

Hate to say this because I know a lot of the coaches (most of whom are truly great guys working hard), but in my opinion 90% of the fall is on the Xs and Os, not the Johnnies or Joes.

I got banged around for many of these types of comments over the last few years. The Birds won in 2014 because of Beau Hoge being like a coach on the field and the fact that Weinrich made defensive adjustments in the second half to hold Owensboro to a goose egg in the second half. The problem was that year of success made everyone feel a little complacent from the head coach all the way down to the waterboys. The field turf was replaced that spring/summer and rather than finding somewhere else to have spring practice and summer workouts, they did stuff in the Fieldhouse. Then you come out the 2015 season and try to do what you did the prior year and you have a QB that cannot grasp the offense and it takes you 6 games to make a change in scheme and you make a nice run in the playoffs, IMO despite some very suspect coaching especially on the defensive side of the ball. Many of these deficiencies would have been discovered if you had put the time in during the spring football season and early summer workouts. Talent was more than enough to win, but continuing to refuse to play your best players one both sides of the ball at times is what caused a lot of problems. Last year was just a bad year that I think carried over from the previous year and at least made some realize that some coaches were simply overmatched in their current positions. Still think there are many on that staff that have no business coaching youth football much less high school football.
Willie Turnover Wrote:I watched the Rockcastle/ Highlands playoff game at Rockcastle a few years ago and sat behind some Highland fans. They were the most obnoxious people I have seen at a football game. I left that game with a poor opinion of Highlands football and ever since then it delights me when their team loses.

FBfan4life Wrote:Name a program out there that don't have a group of obnoxious fans? Heck I remember a few years ago when Rock came to Lex Cath for a 4A playoff game 2013 and 2014/ refresh my memory... A few had some smerky comments about Lex Cath fans, stadium, choice of PA music, why pay for school, etc etc. So to answer your comment about "butthurt fans" It is everywhere.

This is why people hate on the Bluebirds. Even when they lose they perceive themselves to be Better, the most arrogant bunch of yayhoos around. They have talked down to the other programs like they were garbage while losing games but boasting about their past championships. Those days are over. No more magicical transfers in Ft thomas. Since you can't import a winning team and have to play by the rules most of us do guess what. You suck again.It's fun to put the arrogant jerks in their place. It's not butthurt, It's karma.
SK fans are climbing up on that list also and they don't even have a championship to hang their hat on.
plantmanky Wrote:Actually its been back open for 2 years now, but they just aint commin no more.

Nope they all are running to Simon Kenton University. The best Kenton county has to offer. :lame:
Fear the Nation Wrote:This is why people hate on the Bluebirds. Even when they lose they perceive themselves to be Better, the most arrogant bunch of yayhoos around. They have talked down to the other programs like they were garbage while losing games but boasting about their past championships. Those days are over. No more magicical transfers in Ft thomas. Since you can't import a winning team and have to play by the rules most of us do guess what. You suck again.It's fun to put the arrogant jerks in their place. It's not butthurt, It's karma.
SK fans are climbing up on that list also and they don't even have a championship to hang their hat on.
This coming from a dude and his team that can't even beat Lafayette in the last few season. Dude chill. We all know SK is a great program that can't jump over that hump. People get it, Highlands is down, but their are other good program in NKY that can't beat and better than SK.
FBfan4life Wrote:This coming from a dude and his team that can't even beat Lafayette in the last few season. Dude chill. We all know SK is a great program that can't jump over that hump. People get it, Highlands is down, but their are other good program in NKY that can't beat and better than SK.

That was sarcastic. Im not a SK fan. I don't like open districts.
Pages: 1 2