Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Magoffin County 81 Johnson Central 64
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
no seriously man...danny ainge was at paintsville's practice the other day. I talked to him at wal-mart.
The Guru Wrote:tell me....just which 6'6" player has he schooled???? Come on, tell me. I know basketball, but don't blow smoke up my butt telling me that Rice is a great post player. There is a difference in having great post moves, and being a great post player. I have seen hundreds of kids this year alone that have great post moves, but that doesn't make them great post players.
OK....here go your props....Devin Rice might be the best 5'10 small foraed I have ever seen play center!
there....is that what you wanted?
It is just my personal opinion, but I don't consider him a post player at all....least of all not a great one.

Man are you serious? He never shoots outside of 15 feet. 90% of his points are layups. Seriously man get out of Landon Slone's jock and look at other players that have talent! I can name the starters for Magoffin right now and I can tell you for a fact he is a PF or a C (that is Power Forward and Center for you since you obviously do not know positions). Yes I am a fan of Magoffin and played ball there so my opinion may be a little biased BUT still he is a great POST PLAYER. I'm sick of you trying to say that he is not good when he is a excellent player!
The Guru Wrote:Heck...I could get around the kid from SC, and Betsy Layne??? That's the best you could come up with? LMAO

name anyone taller that magoffin has played.
Lawrence Wrote:Well obviously they don't teach much English over there at Paintsville.
Well....they did and still do.....doesn't mean I paid much attention though.
BTW....I think that would have been in spelling class...lol
.houshmandzadeh. Wrote:name anyone taller that magoffin has played.

That's just it....they haven't played anyone with a great post player, or you wouldn't be argueing with me....you would see for yourself.
The Guru Wrote:Well....they did and still do.....doesn't mean I paid much attention though.
BTW....I think that would have been in spelling class...lol

Yeah, spelling class. Isn't that elementary school? Obviously you didn't pay much attention there either.
.houshmandzadeh. Wrote:no seriously man...danny ainge was at paintsville's practice the other day. I talked to him at wal-mart.

:lmao:
The Guru Wrote:argueing

:thatsfunn
The Guru Wrote:That's just it....they haven't played anyone with a great post player, or you wouldn't be argueing with me....you would see for yourself.

how can u say that he isnt any good if no one has stopped him
im pretty sure during the summer the MC starting lineup played some pickup ball with Huntington High's starting 5 including patrick patterson and oj mayo and devin rice held his own, scoring at least 8 points on pat patterson.
.houshmandzadeh. Wrote:how can u say that he isnt any good if no one has stopped him
im pretty sure during the summer the MC starting lineup played some pickup ball with Huntington High's starting 5 including patrick patterson and oj mayo and devin rice held his own, scoring at least 8 points on pat patterson.

Didn't Landon Slone and the Tigers play a pick up game the other day with Ohio State. I heard Landon dropped 47 on Greg Oden. Just a rumor I heard.
15thRegionX Wrote:Man are you serious? He never shoots outside of 15 feet. 90% of his points are layups. Seriously man get out of Landon Slone's jock and look at other players that have talent! I can name the starters for Magoffin right now and I can tell you for a fact he is a PF or a C (that is Power Forward and Center for you since you obviously do not know positions). Yes I am a fan of Magoffin and played ball there so my opinion may be a little biased BUT still he is a great POST PLAYER. I'm sick of you trying to say that he is not good when he is a excellent player!
Look....he has to play the post. You have no other players that can....But just tell me what you all consider being his credentials as a great post player???
You have had some good ones, I have seen them. The Howard kid was a dandy.
And again....why do you all bring Landon into this?

Anytime you want to X & O's on basketball, let me know.....Just because I disagree with you all doesn't mean I don't know the game.
kisses and hugs??
The Guru Wrote:Look....he has to play the post. You have no other players that can....But just tell me what you all consider being his credentials as a great post player???

Anytime you want to X & O's on basketball, let me know.....Just because I disagree with you all doesn't mean I don't know the game.

Anytime I want to X & O's on basketball? I know a lot of people don't type correctly on here but atleast make some sense out of your statements. When you get to your point please let me know and maybe we can talk.
The Guru Wrote:Look....he has to play the post. You have no other players that can....But just tell me what you all consider being his credentials as a great post player???

I love kissing basketballs.
Sooooo sorry to hurt all the feelings over there???
You know you win the arguement when the other side decide that their best bet is to try and make fun with stupid posts and bring in a kid's name that has absolutely nothing to do with the fact!

Why don't you all just go wake Maw up....it's time to empty the "slop jar"!
15thRegionX Wrote:Anytime I want to X & O's on basketball? I know a lot of people don't type correctly on here but atleast make some sense out of your statements. When you get to your point please let me know and maybe we can talk.
Now you have just shown your ignorance about the game...better ask coach what it means!!!LOOL
i agree landon slone is a great player im not trying to dis him i would just like to get to read something postive about someone else besides him.
slop jar"![/ what is that???? too funny!!!
The Guru Wrote:Sooooo sorry to hurt all the feelings over there???
You know you win the arguement when the other side decide that their best bet is to try and make fun with stupid posts and bring in a kid's name that has absolutely nothing to do with the fact!

Who has hurt feelings? I'm just trying to make a valid point and get my point across. Obviously you don't know what you are talking about. If you would talk with more sense maybe I would understand what the heck you are talking about!
Please explain to me why you mentioned a stupid "slop jar"?
The Guru Wrote:Now you have just shown your ignorance about the game...better ask coach what it means!!!LOOL

I know exactly what X's and O's are but my point was that you did not type that correct. That is it! So lets get together and talk some X's and O's pal!
The Guru Wrote:Sooooo sorry to hurt all the feelings over there???

No, actually you know you win the argument when you are talking to someone who knows absolutly nothing, and let me emphasize the word nothing, about basketball. Let me also add that you cannot spell and you choose to criticize Magoffin County as a last resort because that's the only argument you have left. Well I will be the first to tell you that Johnson County is also located in Eastern Kentucky so therefore your entire post is completly irrelevent.
.houshmandzadeh. Wrote:i agree landon slone is a great player im not trying to dis him i would just like to get to read something postive about someone else besides him.

Never have I said Rice wasn't a good or great basketball player, Heck...I like his style and think he iws pretty darn good. But we have spent like 3 pages fussing because I don't think he is a great "Post" player.
how many times do I have to say that IMHO, I don't think there is a great post player in the 15th region?
The Guru Wrote:Never have I said Rice wasn't a good or great basketball player, Heck...I like his style and think he iws pretty darn good. But we have spent like 3 pages fussing because I don't think he is a great "Post" player.
how many times do I have to say that IMHO, I don't think there is a great post player in the 15th region?

Would you say Devin is the best in the 15th?
The Guru Wrote:Never have I said Rice wasn't a good or great basketball player, Heck...I like his style and think he iws pretty darn good.post player in the 15th region?

Ok, let me see if I am following you here because God knows it's hard enough to try and actually read your posts with all the grammatical errors. You like Devin's style of play and you think he is good? So if he isn't a post player, what exactly is his style?
would someone please contact the typing and spelling police???
I need to turn myself in, I have offended everyone from Mag. Co. with my errors.

you all act as if I have something against Mag Co.... well you are wrong and couldn't be more wrong.
you all started on me for being from Paintsville, without knowing that I spent years living on Mine Fork, Thus the reason I know about the slop jars.....I have used them plenty as we didn't have running water.
i have tons of family and close friends in Mag. Co.
But what you all don't understand about me...is that I call it as I....ME....see it.
Evidently you have never read any of my posts where I blast on Paintsville. I have plenty of times. Just because you don't agree with me, doesn't mean you have to act like I am stupid....Actually got a 24 on my ACT with a 26 in English....fo figure....but I am not stupid.
.houshmandzadeh. Wrote:Would you say Devin is the best in the 15th?
he is probably the best I have seen from the 15th. But please understand that I personally don't think that, that is much of a honor. I do think he is your best player, and a very good player.
The Guru Wrote:Actually got a 24 on my ACT with a 26 in English....fo figure....but I am not stupid.

:letsparty
Well you did not answer the question as to what kind of style that you like that Devin Rice plays if it isn't a post style.
The Guru Wrote:he is probably the best I have seen from the 15th. But please understand that I personally don't think that, that is much of a honor. I do think he is your best player, and a very good player.

OK thank you please someone close this thread...........
Lawrence Wrote:Ok, let me see if I am following you here because God knows it's hard enough to try and actually read your posts with all the grammatical errors. You like Devin's style of play and you think he is good? So if he isn't a post player, what exactly is his style?
He is a lot like Grimm from Paintsville. Every good team has to have the guy that goes to the floor without reguard for themselves, does all the dirty jobs, gets the loose balls and all the little things....if i had to give these guys an assigned position, I would make one up and call them "Tangible Players", because not every team has one, and they make the difference in their teams because they do what they have too.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6