Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 2017
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Belfry will always have OL.
Took a look at Huntington's returning starters.

Boys better be working hard this Summer. Huntington has a massive and talented line, return their QB, return their star RB, and return a 6'4 WR that can play as well as their best LB'er.

They have a 4* Linemen that is Junior that is about the size of Big A. Tje other OT is 6'4 265 as well.

With last year's crew I would feel good... but they are going to be a BIG challenge in the season opener with a bunch of new faces.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Took a look at Huntington's returning starters.

Boys better be working hard this Summer. Huntington has a massive and talented line, return their QB, return their star RB, and return a 6'4 WR that can play as well as their best LB'er.

They have a 4* Linemen that is Junior that is about the size of Big A. Tje other OT is 6'4 265 as well.

With last year's crew I would feel good... but they are going to be a BIG challenge in the season opener with a bunch of new faces.

Yea I watched there game against Cabell. Huntington's big guys played but that are a year older Cabell was in the backfield most of the night but Wright is a big boy
Supposedly this team will be scrimmaging Belfry down in Richlands this year:
http://www.hudl.com/team/v2/22111/pioneer-football

Obviously Richlands (VA 2A Runner-Up) and George Wythe (VA 1A Semi-FInalist) will be there like usual.

Heritage went to the 3A Quarter-Finals and lost to the eventual State Champ Blacksburg by 7.

Should be another good year of competition.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Supposedly this team will be scrimmaging Belfry down in Richlands this year:
http://www.hudl.com/team/v2/22111/pioneer-football

Obviously Richlands (VA 2A Runner-Up) and George Wythe (VA 1A Semi-FInalist) will be there like usual.

Heritage went to the 3A Quarter-Finals and lost to the eventual State Champ Blacksburg by 7.

Should be another good year of competition.

Good looking team looks like they like to run the ball
Grayson cook- DE- BELFRY(SOPH) WILL BE A FIVE STAR BEFORE HE GRADUATES.
DEREK WELLMAN-LB- BELFRY- WILL RECEIVE A D-1 SCHOLARSHIP UPON GRADUATING.
OTHER PIRATES TO KEEP AN EYE ON:
1. TEVON HUNTER- RB- SOPH.- SPEEDY BACK. HE GETS ON THE EDGE HE IS GONE. ASK CORBIN.
2.SETH MOUNTS- RB/QB/ LB- FRESH. KEEP AN EYE ON THIS UPCOMING FRESHMAN. QUICK & STRONG. HAS ALL THE TOOLS TO BE A GREAT ONE.
3.AUSTIN LAWSON- 6-5 335 OT SOPH. FEW GAMES UNDER HIS BELT. HE WILL BE ANOTHER D-1 PROSP
ECT.
4.PEYTON HENSLEY- RB- SOPH. SHOWED FLASHES LAST YEAR. SPEED SPEED SPEED.
5.JOE CHAFFIN- FB- SOPH. STRONG KID AND GREAT BLOCKER.
6.DEVIN VARNEY- CB- BIG PLAYMAKER FROM HIS CORNER SPOT. A SENIOR AND WILL BE LOOKED UPON AS A LEADER.
7. JUSTIN BARKER- OT- BIG STRONG AND GREAT BLOCKER. WILL STEP RIGHT IN ON THE OFFENSIVE LINE.
8.AVERY BROWNING- QB- GOOD DECSION MAKER AND FAMILIAR WITH THE PIRATE OFFENSE.WILL ALSO BE LOOKED UPON AD A LEADER.
9. BEN BENTLEY-SOPH. BROTHER TO UOFL COMMITT COLE BENTLEY. GOOD ATHELTE. PROBABLY WILL SEE TIME IN THE SECONDARY.
10.COACH PHILIP HAYWOOD- COMING OFF OF HIS 4TH STRAIGHT 3A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP AND NAMED HIGH SCHOOL NATIONAL VOACH OF THE YEAR. LOOK FOR HIM TO HAVE THE PIRATES MAKE A RUN TI ANOTHER STATE CHAMPIONSHIP. THEY WILL HAVE TI GO THRU CORBIN, LEXINGTON CATHOLIC OR LOUM CENTRAL.
GET OUT AND WATCH THE PIRATES PLAY FANS. SHOULD BE ANOTHER EXCITING YEAR.
Corbin sinks the pirate ship this year I think. Should be a classic
killbilly usmc Wrote:Corbin sinks the pirate ship this year I think. Should be a classic

You've bumped your head if I was you I'd stay out of Vegas Lol
Warriorhawk17 Wrote:Grayson cook- DE- BELFRY(SOPH) WILL BE A FIVE STAR BEFORE HE GRADUATES.
1. TEVON HUNTER- RB- SOPH.- SPEEDY BACK. HE GETS ON THE EDGE HE IS GONE. ASK CORBIN.
2.SETH MOUNTS- RB/QB/ LB- FRESH. KEEP AN EYE ON THIS UPCOMING FRESHMAN. QUICK & STRONG. HAS ALL THE TOOLS TO BE A GREAT ONE.
3.AUSTIN LAWSON- 6-5 335 OT SOPH. FEW GAMES UNDER HIS BELT. HE WILL BE ANOTHER D-1 PROSP
ECT.
6.DEVIN VARNEY- CB- BIG PLAYMAKER FROM HIS CORNER SPOT. A SENIOR AND WILL BE LOOKED UPON AS A LEADER.
7. JUSTIN BARKER- OT- BIG STRONG AND GREAT BLOCKER. WILL STEP RIGHT IN ON THE OFFENSIVE LINE.
8.AVERY BROWNING- QB- GOOD DECSION MAKER AND FAMILIAR WITH THE PIRATE OFFENSE.WILL ALSO BE LOOKED UPON AD A LEADER.
9. BEN BENTLEY-SOPH. BROTHER TO UOFL COMMITT COLE BENTLEY. GOOD ATHELTE. PROBABLY WILL SEE TIME IN THE SECONDARY.
10.COACH PHILIP HAYWOOD- COMING OFF OF HIS 4TH STRAIGHT 3A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP AND NAMED HIGH SCHOOL NATIONAL VOACH OF THE YEAR. LOOK FOR HIM TO HAVE THE PIRATES MAKE A RUN TI ANOTHER STATE CHAMPIONSHIP. THEY WILL HAVE TI GO THRU CORBIN, LEXINGTON CATHOLIC OR LOUM CENTRAL.
I didn't know he was national voach of the year.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Corbin sinks the pirate ship this year I think. Should be a classic

both are mediocre at best Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:both are mediocre at best Confusednicker:

Yea both teams are mediocre but we will play each other in the simi game who will your team play in the simis Lol
Warriorhawk17 Wrote:Grayson cook- DE- BELFRY(SOPH) WILL BE A FIVE STAR BEFORE HE GRADUATES.
ECT.

Some good info here....but not entirely accurate. #5 and #7 are no longer affiliated with the program.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Some good info here....but not entirely accurate. #5 and #7 are no longer affiliated with the program.

I was going to tell him but I figured he'd figure it out lol
pjdoug Wrote:I didn't know he was national voach of the year.

http://www.ekbtv.com/news/belfrys-philip...coach-year

Not sure how many awards are out there, but a prestigious honor nonetheless.
This info is a bit dated and not totally accurate. Dagen Rash will be the big surprise on the line this year. The Rash kid has become a great looking football player this off season. I've also seen where he has attended several camps and showcases, he is our only lineman returning with big game experience. Don't sleep on this kid he has tons of upside and if these experienced backs putting up big numbers Rash could easily be an all state player. Wolford at the center spot will be an easy smooth transition IMO, he's got a bright future as well. Belfry will be just fine!
I'm looking for Rash to have a break out Year Wolford is ready to put his mark on Belfry football Lawson is a monster "6 3" 300 pounds these kids along with the skilled players we have coming back look out all of our kids have work all summer I'm ready for some Belfry Football
Today is the day we've all been waiting on the first day of regular season practice it's hot as hell out and were ready for some football
Today was the first day on the way to a 5 Peat! Can't believe football season is finally here! Go Pirates!
2nd day of practice we had a 7 on 7 at Hazard we looked pretty good Hazard has great size for a single A school they will make a lot of noise this year but as for us fast fast fast
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:2nd day of practice we had a 7 on 7 at Hazard we looked pretty good Hazard has great size for a single A school they will make a lot of noise this year but as for us fast fast fast

You know what they say, "Speed Kills"!
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:2nd day of practice we had a 7 on 7 at Hazard we looked pretty good Hazard has great size for a single A school they will make a lot of noise this year but as for us fast fast fast

Hazard is on the road to...Lexington Smile
pjdoug Wrote:Hazard is on the road to...Lexington Smile

Probably not anymore after you predicted it. Your about as bad as 55, and 64.

How did hazard look? I got there a little late.. I figured they wouldn't play until at least 8 because of heat but I was wrong.
bac2369 Wrote:How did hazard look? I got there a little late.. I figured they wouldn't play until at least 8 because of heat but I was wrong.

They looked good to I think they got a good shot at it this year they got good size
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:They looked good to I think they got a good shot at it this year they got good size

I hope so.. I thought they waited a litte late to throw the ball last year in the title game. But I wasn't expecting a run until this year and next. But I love how belfry and hazard always try to do scrimmages and 7 on 7s together..
bac2369 Wrote:I hope so.. I thought they waited a litte late to throw the ball last year in the title game. But I wasn't expecting a run until this year and next. But I love how belfry and hazard always try to do scrimmages and 7 on 7s together..

I stand in the same place at the Cam every year down at the fence in front of the concession stand in the playoffs a couple years ago Coach Dixon and some of his coaches came down and watched the game with us and he is a great guy I've always like Hazard but after talking with him I even had more respect for them he's a act
killbilly usmc Wrote:Probably not anymore after you predicted it. Your about as bad as 55, and 64.

I picked the East representative for several consecutive years and picked Pikeville to win state championship year before last.
pjdoug Wrote:I picked the East representative for several consecutive years and picked Pikeville to win state championship year before last.

Didn't you pick Raceland last year? Or who was it?
Positive news coming from the Belfry camp. I think they'll be a surprise or two down the line. Kids are really grinding in the heat...but love the attitude and enthusiasm.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Positive news coming from the Belfry camp. I think they'll be a surprise or two down the line. Kids are really grinding in the heat...but love the attitude and enthusiasm.

Going to be another great year!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12