Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 2017
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
why did the kid leave if he was starting?and the other if he had a chance?
cuppett777 Wrote:why did the kid leave if he was starting?and the other if he had a chance?

Maybe wanted to play in their home state.
I'm not going to spend no more on this we didn't not lose anything by those kids leaving but on topic we are looking good on both sides of the ball
jetpilot Wrote:Maybe wanted to play in their home state.

Why would they want to do that ?
pjdoug Wrote:Why would they want to do that ?

I know, it doesn't make any sense.
Who is getting the lions share of reps at the RB spot opposite of Hunter? Is the Hensley kid still running at FB or RB?

How are they looking? Where is the competition fiercest?
PaytoPlay Wrote:Who is getting the lions share of reps at the RB spot opposite of Hunter? Is the Hensley kid still running at FB or RB?

How are they looking? Where is the competition fiercest?

Your going to see Hunter Varney, Adkins, Bentley and Wellman and Hensley at fullback none in any order since they all except Hensley play defense you will see them rotate in and out fresh is best the whole team is looking really good yesterday was the best practice so far we haven't had a bad practice yet Coaches seems very excited and all us dads are just watching them
All us dads and fans are excited as well
What's the latest? How does Browning look? Who is standing out thus far? Surprising?
PaytoPlay Wrote:What's the latest? How does Browning look? Who is standing out thus far? Surprising?

Browning looks really good the skilled guys look really good the line is looking really good and working there butts off there's no let done on this team typical Belfry here the team is excited to get this season started
Thanks 99!

Feel free to PM some more detail if you would rather do it that way. Kinda wondering how position battles are shaping up? Who is making a push? Who is getting pushed etc.
Any word from anyone on how Belfry played at Richlands VA? Which team impressed the most? Was Belfry able to make a showing?
VELVET CLOSER Wrote:Any word from anyone on how Belfry played at Richlands VA? Which team impressed the most? Was Belfry able to make a showing?

We started out slow finally got it rolling I really didn't keep a score we did 10 plays at a time the other two teams there were huge on both sides of the ball it gave the guys on the line a good work out but coach did like always he mixed guys up the whole time just getting guys reps like I said it was about like last year we made some mistakes did some really good things but by the time we left we felt good about the way it went
From what I've read it sounds like Richlands have our offense some trouble. Still plenty of time to get it right, but I'm surprised Varney or Hunter didn't at least break a long one.

Keep working!
PaytoPlay Wrote:From what I've read it sounds like Richlands have our offense some trouble. Still plenty of time to get it right, but I'm surprised Varney or Hunter didn't at least break a long one.

Keep working!

We had a few long runs but again this is how Coach Haywood does you don't know anymore after a scrimmage that you did before it he was just giving them reps I felt better this year when I left than I did last year when we left if that tells you anyt
The hounds are going to be unleashed on you Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:The hounds are going to be unleashed on you Confusednicker:

The Hounds better do the same thing we do take care of your schedule then worry about us that's what we do
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:The Hounds better do the same thing we do take care of your schedule then worry about us that's what we do

:truestory:
pjdoug Wrote::truestory:

One week at a time baby one week at a time
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Your going to see Hunter Varney, Adkins, Bentley and Wellman and Hensley at fullback none in any order since they all except Hensley play defense you will see them rotate in and out fresh is best the whole team is looking really good yesterday was the best practice so far we haven't had a bad practice yet Coaches seems very excited and all us dads are just watching them
I remember these names from last year.

pjdoug Wrote:The hounds are going to be unleashed on you Confusednicker:
I am seriously considering driving to Belfry to watch this one. Probably be the best game all year. I wish Coach Haywood would allow WYMT to broadcast it, but I understand his position.
Granny Bear Wrote:I remember these names from last year.

I am seriously considering driving to Belfry to watch this one. Probably be the best game all year. I wish Coach Haywood would allow WYMT to broadcast it, but I understand his position.

Granny we have most of our skilled guys back from last year we've replaced most of our line but these guys was playing against one of the best line in the state in practice every day plus most every game they played at least half a game were big up front and there looking good we just got to get reps in with them we'll be fine but if it comes down to us and Corbin I'll be looking forward to it
What time is the scrimmage with hazard on Friday?
bac2369 Wrote:What time is the scrimmage with hazard on Friday?

I think it's 6:00 or 6:30 I don't really call it a scrimmage I've been to enough of Coach Haywood scrimmages I call it practice with Hazard a glorified practice is what it is Lol
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:I think it's 6:00 or 6:30 I don't really call it a scrimmage I've been to enough of Coach Haywood scrimmages I call it practice with Hazard a glorified practice is what it is Lol

True because it's always 2-3 10 plays sets for each the. They usually play 2 -3 quarters of clocked time. I hope it's a little later.
I know many or positive about the o-line but with it being at least "less dominant" than the past couple years, I assume Haywood is working on adding a few more passes into the regular mix of plays?
bac2369 Wrote:True because it's always 2-3 10 plays sets for each the. They usually play 2 -3 quarters of clocked time. I hope it's a little later.

Somebody told me tonight the scrimmage is at 7:00 Friday
I'm going to go out on a limb, and say Belfry has double digit wins this year.
killbilly usmc Wrote:I'm going to go out on a limb, and say Belfry has double digit wins this year.

Lol I most definitely think so I'm not going to say nobody will beat us because we have a pretty good schedule but watching these guys work and we got really good size were feeling pretty good about our chances we play two schools out of WV which would be 6A schools in Ky and Johnson Central so we will be tested and ready come playoff time
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Granny we have most of our skilled guys back from last year we've replaced most of our line but these guys was playing against one of the best line in the state in practice every day plus most every game they played at least half a game were big up front and there looking good we just got to get reps in with them we'll be fine but if it comes down to us and Corbin I'll be looking forward to it

I hope you both lose, but if I have to pick one. I hope you let the air out of the mutts :biglmao:
You don't like Corbin do you?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12