Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Whitley County @ Harlan County 10/14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thoughts and predictions.
Whitley County 21-14
Whitley by 7
This should actually be a really good game in my opinion. I would like to see the Black Bears win, but I think the Colonels will win by the slimmest of margins.
Coloneis by 6
I'm going to pickkkkkkk. .....:popcorn:

Whitley County 35
Harlan County 21
All of you guys are NUTS!!!!

Black Bears 36
Colonels 24

Smile
Granny Bear Wrote:All of you guys are NUTS!!!!

Black Bears 36
Colonels 24

Smile

time for The Bears to sleep.
Black Bears by 10
28-21 Bears
I picked HC to win district at the start of the year.

I was wrong.

However, if Whitley is going to be beaten, on the road at HC is the most likely IMO.
Whitley can wrap up a district title Friday night. Just play the game and bring home the trophy.

Whitley 32
HC 30
In all honesty, I think it will be a game decided by one score.

Here's to an injury free contest!!
I'm going to say Harlan Co. by 7
I know nothing about these teams so I'll just go with Harlan County cause I like the name better, unless Whitley County is named for Keith Whitley then I'd go for them.
Harlan County - 34

Whitley County - 13
killbilly usmc Wrote:I know nothing about these teams so I'll just go with Harlan County cause I like the name better, unless Whitley County is named for Keith Whitley then I'd go for them.

Whitley County is a much nicer name and is named after William Whitley as is Williamsburg. William Whitley also had the first horse racetrack made of clay and the horses raced counterclockwise as they do today. Keith Whitley is from Sandy Hook Smile
Mr. Pike Central Wrote:Harlan County - 34

Whitley County - 13

^ Confusednicker:
Whitley reminds me of whittle and it is NOT a nicer name!!

Wink
Harlan County with the win
21-7 Colonels. It's about time Whitley County brings home the district trophy!!!
Granny Bear Wrote:Whitley reminds me of whittle and it is NOT a nicer name!!

Wink

whittle is a much nicer name than harlan . Colonels are gonna whittle the bears defense.:flame:
adopted purple Wrote:21-7 Colonels. It's about time Whitley County brings home the district trophy!!!
Here's their chance to send the bears into hibernation and bring it home :1:
I'm taking HC in a close one, only because it's at HC and they've had an extra week to focus on this one game. Should be a dandy. And yes PJ Harlan County is a much nicer name Confusednicker:
Demarcus ware Wrote:I'm taking HC in a close one, only because it's at HC and they've had an extra week to focus on this one game. Should be a dandy. And yes PJ Harlan County is a much nicer name Confusednicker:

no no no :biggrin:
North had an open week prior to the game with Whitley (Tom Larkey was on the sidelines with his son that game too) didn't seem to help

PCC had an open week prior to the Whitley game, didn't seem to help

Harlan had an open week prior to the Whitley game........

Letcher has an open week prior to the Whitley game.......

I am sensing a pattern here.

In the last two meetings the home team has lost.

Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:North had an open week prior to the game with Whitley (Tom Larkey was on the sidelines with his son that game too) didn't seem to help

PCC had an open week prior to the Whitley game, didn't seem to help

Harlan had an open week prior to the Whitley game........

Letcher has an open week prior to the Whitley game.......

In the last two meetings the home team has lost.

To believe in patterns in high school football is :hilarious:
Granny Bear Wrote:All of you guys are NUTS!!!!

Black Bears 36
Colonels 24

Smile
I agree Granny! This Whitley team is not beating Harlan. Harlan co. -42 and Whitley-28.
pjdoug Wrote:whittle is a much nicer name than harlan . Colonels are gonna whittle the bears defense.:flame:

Harlan County was named for Silas Harlan. Silas Harlan died leading the advance party at the Battle of Blue Licks on August 19, 1782. At the time of his death, Harlan was engaged to Sarah Caldwell, who later married his brother James and was the grandmother of U.S. Supreme Court Justice John Marshall Harlan.

So see, Harlan is prettier!

:moon:
^
Yes, but Whitley County is home to Corbin, and as Corbin fans will attest, that is the prettiest name period. Nobodys better....Confusednicker:
Can't argue with that kind of logic!!

Corbin is so great, it takes 3 counties to hold it!!!
Pages: 1 2