Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Whitley County @ Harlan County 10/14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Except for their loss to Corbin, Whitley keeps winning the big ones and this one will be no exception. Colonels win 28-21.
Paparazzi Wrote:I agree Granny! This Whitley team is not beating Harlan. Harlan co. -42 and Whitley-28.

Are you sure? :dontthink
Granny Bear Wrote:Harlan County was named for Silas Harlan. Silas Harlan died leading the advance party at the Battle of Blue Licks on August 19, 1782. At the time of his death, Harlan was engaged to Sarah Caldwell, who later married his brother James and was the grandmother of U.S. Supreme Court Justice John Marshall Harlan.

So see, Harlan is prettier!

:moon:

The guy (William Whitley) that invented horse racing as we know it today is much prettier. We all know Kentucky is famous for fast women and pretty horses. The much prettier Colonels bring home the trophy friday while the bears go into hibernation.
Whitley 28-14
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Yes, but Whitley County is home to Corbin, and as Corbin fans will attest, that is the prettiest name period. Nobodys better....Confusednicker:

Confusednicker:
Whitley 34 Harlan Co 20
pjdoug Wrote:Are you sure? :dontthink

Stop harassing the posters!!

:ChairHit:
This will be a dandy! Whitley squeaks one out on the road.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Yes, but Whitley County is home to Corbin, and as Corbin fans will attest, that is the prettiest name period. Nobodys better....Confusednicker:
Yeah but GUT you have to admit we have some dandy road walkers on 119. You know what I'm talking about from your trips up that way Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:Stop harassing the posters!!

:ChairHit:

I asked a question. stop harrassing me and go to sleep:zzz:
Demarcus ware Wrote:Yeah but GUT you have to admit we have some dandy road walkers on 119. You know what I'm talking about from your trips up that way Confusednicker:

road walkers lol. they're everywhereConfusednicker:Confusednicker:
I'll take the bears for dinner at Malone's. First response has the bet.

As I've said before...when I bet Malone's...You don't want it...lol.
Colonels are on a roll. They are playing with confidence.
pjdoug Wrote:road walkers lol. they're everywhereConfusednicker:Confusednicker:
I said ours are better dang it Confusednicker:
Bear_Paw Wrote:I'll take the bears for dinner at Malone's. First response has the bet.

I can't afford ye lol
Demarcus ware Wrote:I said ours are better dang it Confusednicker:

I'll take your word for it. I don't want to find out :biglmao:
pjdoug Wrote:I asked a question. stop harrassing me and go to sleep:zzz:

That is EXACTLY what I did!!

Bear_Paw Wrote:I'll take the bears for dinner at Malone's. First response has the bet.

Whoa...Malone's?? That's my very favorite place to eat! The bread!!!!!
Emergency Room Afternoon???

pjdoug Wrote:I'll take your word for it. I don't want to find out :biglmao:

Somebody (not me, but somebody) might need to check Gut for cooties!!

Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:That is EXACTLY what I did!!

Whoa...Malone's?? That's my very favorite place to eat! The bread!!!!!
Emergency Room Afternoon???

Somebody (not me, but somebody) might need to check Gut for cooties!!

Confusednicker:

Confusednicker:
Whitley 28-14
Emergency Room Afternoon

[Image: giphy.gif]
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Emergency Room Afternoon

[Image: giphy.gif]

^ Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:Harlan County was named for Silas Harlan. Silas Harlan died leading the advance party at the Battle of Blue Licks on August 19, 1782. At the time of his death, Harlan was engaged to Sarah Caldwell, who later married his brother James and was the grandmother of U.S. Supreme Court Justice John Marshall Harlan.

So see, Harlan is prettier!

:moon:
a little Whitley County History for you all too....

quoted from Wiki: Whitley County was created on January 17, 1818 from adjacent Knox County, Kentucky.[3] In the years prior to its establishment as an independent county, many skirmishes were fought between native Indians and hunters and trappers in the area. The namesake of the county, Colonel William Whitley,[4] is famous locally for fighting many of these battles within the area, safeguarding the Wilderness Road, as well as for his service in the War of 1812, where he was killed at the Battle of the Thames. The county seat, Williamsburg, is also named for Colonel Whitley, with the first court held at the home of the town's earliest resident, Samuel Cox.[5]
baller1989 Wrote:a little Whitley County History for you all too....

quoted from Wiki: Whitley County was created on January 17, 1818 from adjacent Knox County, Kentucky.[3] In the years prior to its establishment as an independent county, many skirmishes were fought between native Indians and hunters and trappers in the area. The namesake of the county, Colonel William Whitley,[4] is famous locally for fighting many of these battles within the area, safeguarding the Wilderness Road, as well as for his service in the War of 1812, where he was killed at the Battle of the Thames. The county seat, Williamsburg, is also named for Colonel Whitley, with the first court held at the home of the town's earliest resident, Samuel Cox.[5]

His home was on the Wilderness Road in Lincoln County. if you're ever in the area you should stop by and visit the William Whitley House.
Paparazzi Wrote:I agree Granny! This Whitley team is not beating Harlan. Harlan co. -42 and Whitley-28.

Hmmm??
Pages: 1 2