Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: O.J. Mayo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I went and watched O.J. Mayo play tonight in Charelston. The attendance was 8,743. But O.J. may possibly be suspended for the rest of the season. I dont know if they will penalize him or not. But O.J. got two tecnicals for trying to fight and was thrown out. After the ref gave him the tecs he was in the refs face arguing the calls and bumped into him. The ref fell and acted like O.J. pushed him down. The ref was barley touched but he still flopped and acted like he was pushed. The security came on the floor and got O.J. If anyone hears the penalty (if any) O.J. receives i would like to know.
oh im sure it will make national news
In a game marred by 44 fouls, Huntington High won it's 15th game of the year by beating Capital 77-64. Highlander star OJ Mayo was ejected from the game with 5:15 to go in the 4th quarter after getting his second technical foul.

It's not sure yet if Mayo will be able to play in next Tuesday's game against Artesia, CA at Duke's Cameron Indoor Stadium.

A record crowd of 8,846 watched Friday night's game at the Charleston Civic Center. It's the largest ever to watch a high school game in West Virginia.

http://www.wsaz.com/sports/headlines/5380896.html
Thats why OJ isnt worth all the trouble and the reason he got kicked out of 3 schools. Also thats the reason why Oak Hill wouldnt accept him.
Cucumber Wrote:Thats why OJ isnt worth all the trouble and the reason he got kicked out of 3 schools. Also thats the reason why Oak Hill wouldnt accept him.
Dont post unless you have a clue what your talking about. What 3 schools has Mayo been kicked out of????
Prep Star Wrote:Dont post unless you have a clue what your talking about. What 3 schools has Mayo been kicked out of????

I don't think he's officially been kicked out of any school, but I think it's obvious that he wore out his welcome at North College Hill and was pressured to leave after the shenanigans that took place up there.
Batpuff Wrote:In a game marred by 44 fouls, Huntington High won it's 15th game of the year by beating Capital 77-64. Highlander star OJ Mayo was ejected from the game with 5:15 to go in the 4th quarter after getting his second technical foul.

It's not sure yet if Mayo will be able to play in next Tuesday's game against Artesia, CA at Duke's Cameron Indoor Stadium.

A record crowd of 8,846 watched Friday night's game at the Charleston Civic Center. It's the largest ever to watch a high school game in West Virginia.

http://www.wsaz.com/sports/headlines/5380896.html

How is that the largest ever to watch a high school game in WV.. There were over 9,000 at the HHS vs. Dematha game
Charleston's Gazette says 2-game suspension :
http://wvgazette.com/webtools/print/Sports/2007012636

WSAZ prob. meant the largest crowd at that site
Now we'll see if Huntinton High will do what they need to do and enforce the rules. I saw where the coach said that since the next two games were out of state that he didn't know if the suspension would begin before those games or after. I know this is Kentucky and thats West Virginia, but Jamie Case is suspended from some gamees for Belfry and Williamson is an out of state opponent, but he wont be playing. If Huntington High follows the rules then Mayo should have to sit out against Artesia and against Scott Co. This will be a huge test for the Highlanders. I was looking forward to watching Mayo on tv in these games, but rules are rules and I hope Huntington High abides by them.
Ridiculous. And sounds like to me that a ref was wanting something in a couple of years. But I wasn't there so i don't know...
Thats all he has done is cause trouble in his HS career, hes good for nothing. One of the best HS prep players in the Nation and he always messes it up. He deserves to get suspended if it goes that far.
I have a great deal of respect for Steve Smith, Head Coach for Oak Hill Academy for turning down OJ . He is the best PG in the nation and one of the top players but is more trouble than he is worth. I would like to see any other coach in the nation say "Thanks but I've got a good team with good chemistry and i don't need someone to come in and mess all that up."
Isn't Steve Smith a Kentucky boy??
Cucumber Wrote:Thats why OJ isnt worth all the trouble and the reason he got kicked out of 3 schools. Also thats the reason why Oak Hill wouldnt accept him.

OJ hasn't been kicked out a even one school! I'm not defending him by any means, but facts are facts. I know for a fact that Rose Hill would have loved to have kept him, and I would guess that he left NCH b/c of Walker leaving. As for Oak Hill, I have no idea, but since he never attended Oak Hill he couldn't have been kicked out.

OJ can be handled, it was Walker that was the biggest problem for NCH.
Oak Hill just didnt have the room for him.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Isn't Steve Smith a Kentucky boy??

Yes, he is...But I'm not sure what part of Kentucky.
Coach Wrote:Now we'll see if Huntinton High will do what they need to do and enforce the rules. I saw where the coach said that since the next two games were out of state that he didn't know if the suspension would begin before those games or after. I know this is Kentucky and thats West Virginia, but Jamie Case is suspended from some gamees for Belfry and Williamson is an out of state opponent, but he wont be playing. If Huntington High follows the rules then Mayo should have to sit out against Artesia and against Scott Co. This will be a huge test for the Highlanders. I was looking forward to watching Mayo on tv in these games, but rules are rules and I hope Huntington High abides by them.

Not defending OJ's arguing with the ref and in hindsight he should have minded his own business (especially that close to the end of the game), but when a team has 46 fouls called on them, 2 back to back techicals and an academy award winning tumble by a ref, and the game is in Charleston against a top ranked Charleston team, it seems to me that there was a little more going on there than HHS's actions. But in those situations, it is still better to bite your tongue and play hard. And I thought that we had the worse refs here in the 15th? Guess not!

I hope that this sort of in state squabbling doesn't end up costing HHS a #1 ranking. Even though HHS is in WV, we don't get many chances in this area of the country to have #1 nationally ranked teams.
Just a JOKE PERIOD!!
Batpuff Wrote:Oak Hill just didnt have the room for him.
Oak Hill Academy can easily make room for him. But Smith said no thank you.
Exactly..He has a thing called respect/class/loyalty..ALSO KNOWN AS A PROGRAM!!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Exactly..He has a thing called respect/class/loyalty..ALSO KNOWN AS A PROGRAM!!

yeah, theres a hater in the building..

pimp don't hate, appreciate!
OJ needs to get is act together and stop being a pure out Thug...there is a diffrence between being a player w/ heart and passion of the game and just being to full of your self...and it sounds like to me he is to big for his shoes...if he doesnt clean up his act b-4 going to College we could see him getting kicked out very quickly...
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:OJ needs to get is act together and stop being a pure out Thug...there is a diffrence between being a player w/ heart and passion of the game and just being to full of your self...and it sounds like to me he is to big for his shoes...if he doesnt clean up his act b-4 going to College we could see him getting kicked out very quickly...

Not at usc...and thats why he chose them over the cats and loserville....hell get away with so much more down there! Just ask reggieSmile
mrfootball03 Wrote:yeah, theres a hater in the building..

pimp don't hate, appreciate!
And what does that mean? I could care less pal!
Mayo and five reserves were ejected Friday night against Capital . Mayo was ejected in the fouth quarter after receiving his second technical foul. The reserves in which did not include chris Early were ejected for leaving the bench area. The six players will have to sit out the next two games. Tuesday against Artesia,Ca 17-1 ranked 11th and Friday against Scott Co. Friday's game is suppose to be aired on WSAZ. However the tv contract stipulateds that Majo must play for the game to be televised. However officials out of Huntington expect WSAZto air the game anyway. The Highlanders are 15-0 and ranked second nationally in the USA Today Poll.
Sad when a T.V. contract stipulates if a player plays or not. It is High School and it is called DISCIPLINE!
Folks i graduated from Logan High and the Wildcats have played in front of state tourny crowds of over 13,000 several times. Plus alot of teams have packed the charleston civic Center for tourny games.
I was wondering that also and knew when someone said that, that it couldn't be right.
Mayo won't play . Because the ruled are if you get ejected from a game you must sit 10 percent of your season. Basketball is two games. Players can not appeal a suspension. Patrick patterson sat out two games last year after getting tossed.
Pages: 1 2 3 4