Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: O.J. Mayo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
corndog23 Wrote:For those of you that called Mayo a thug before seeing ANY of this...shame on you.

?????? Mayo is a thug, and I said it when all the talk about him going to HHS started. Why shame on any of us who said it before this, this right here is a prime example of him bein a thug, even if the ref wouldn't have tried to win an Oscar. He's a THUG.
Redneck Wrote:?????? Mayo is a thug, and I said it when all the talk about him going to HHS started. Why shame on any of us who said it before this, this right here is a prime example of him bein a thug, even if the ref wouldn't have tried to win an Oscar. He's a THUG.

How did you come to this conclusion??? PLease elaborate. Have you ever met the guy?? talked to him?? i can tell you that i have, and a thug he is not...
It's sad when someone who has that authority (the ref) can change the course of a play, the player and probably his career. Not sure if it's sad or scary but it shouldn't be allowed IMO.
Redneck Wrote:?????? Mayo is a thug, and I said it when all the talk about him going to HHS started. Why shame on any of us who said it before this, this right here is a prime example of him bein a thug, even if the ref wouldn't have tried to win an Oscar. He's a THUG.

Yeah, i'm sure you can tell that by watching him.. I think your just making that judgement by the color of his skin..
phsblackcats Wrote:Not at usc...and thats why he chose them over the cats and loserville....hell get away with so much more down there! Just ask reggieSmile

good point i change my mind lol
corndog23 Wrote:How did you come to this conclusion??? PLease elaborate. Have you ever met the guy?? talked to him?? i can tell you that i have, and a thug he is not...

mrfootball03 Wrote:Yeah, i'm sure you can tell that by watching him.. I think your just making that judgement by the color of his skin..

Actually corndog yes I have met him, talked to him, I even played against him. Not only that, I have seen him play more than once and every time I have seen him play he acted like a thug. Just because you met him at the Fast Lane Tip-Off Classic and he was nice to you doesn't mean he isn't a thug. I'm sure there are times when Ron Artest is a nice guy but he is still a thug.

mrfootball, I played against OJ Mayo twice, I know how he acted then and have seen him act worse since. The color of his skin has nothin to do with my judgement, there are plenty of white boys I have called thugs before because they were. I guess whoopin the hell out of a lil ole 15 year old is ok as long as you are a high profile name Rolleyes .
This was absolutely the most rediculous thing I have ever seen. No way, no how should OJ been thrown out. I can see the first technical that was given which was very legitimate. Yet the second T was completely ludacris. That ref is one of the worst I have ever seen. Hopefully he never gets to ref a game again. That flop he did was completely on his own and everyone knows it. O well, hopefully will still be able to play come tomm, but i doubt it.
Where is everyone watchin this video at.
Redneck Wrote:Where is everyone watchin this video at.

wsaz.com has the story and some video links
Charlie Wrote:This was absolutely the most rediculous thing I have ever seen. No way, no how should OJ been thrown out. I can see the first technical that was given which was very legitimate. Yet the second T was completely ludacris. That ref is one of the worst I have ever seen. Hopefully he never gets to ref a game again. That flop he did was completely on his own and everyone knows it. O well, hopefully will still be able to play come tomm, but i doubt it.
as far as the ref flopping, why was oj even around the ref. he had no business walking up on him like he was going to do something. he is a thug and deserves what he got. hell of a player though.
Redneck Wrote:Actually corndog yes I have met him, talked to him, I even played against him. Not only that, I have seen him play more than once and every time I have seen him play he acted like a thug. Just because you met him at the Fast Lane Tip-Off Classic and he was nice to you doesn't mean he isn't a thug. I'm sure there are times when Ron Artest is a nice guy but he is still a thug.

mrfootball, I played against OJ Mayo twice, I know how he acted then and have seen him act worse since. The color of his skin has nothin to do with my judgement, there are plenty of white boys I have called thugs before because they were. I guess whoopin the hell out of a lil ole 15 year old is ok as long as you are a high profile name Rolleyes .

HaHa..I like this. I don't know the boy so I can't say anything about him personally, but if you have met him and played with him then you know better than any of us as far as I know so I'll take your word for it. I love how when something like this happens it's always about the person being a star and if that person happens to be black then of course it's always racist.
bluegrass Wrote:as far as the ref flopping, why was oj even around the ref. he had no business walking up on him like he was going to do something. he is a thug and deserves what he got. hell of a player though.

That may be true, but our 15th Region players do it all the time. If you follow that same principle then we'd have more T's than fouls in the 15th!
Coach Wrote:HaHa..I like this. I don't know the boy so I can't say anything about him personally, but if you have met him and played with him then you know better than any of us as far as I know so I'll take your word for it. I love how when something like this happens it's always about the person being a star and if that person happens to be black then of course it's always racist.

I didn't play with him, I played against him, but yes I know how he is because he acted like that when we played against him. The sad thing about it is that he was only an 8th grader then, the even more sad about it is he hasn't grown up any since then. But yeah, ain't that somethin, just because the kid is black and I called him a thug someone has the nerve to imply that I'm a racist NOT knowin that I have black people in my family, lol.
Redneck Wrote:I didn't play with him, I played against him, but yes I know how he is because he acted like that when we played against him. The sad thing about it is that he was only an 8th grader then, the even more sad about it is he hasn't grown up any since then. But yeah, ain't that somethin, just because the kid is black and I called him a thug someone has the nerve to imply that I'm a racist NOT knowin that I have black people in my family, lol.

right,since people dont grow and mature as they get older. im sure he is the EXACT same guy as he was then...
corndog23 Wrote:right,since people dont grow and mature as they get older. im sure he is the EXACT same guy as he was then...

I didn't say he was the exact same guy, just said he hasn't grown out of that thuggish stage.
Redneck Wrote:I didn't say he was the exact same guy, just said he hasn't grown out of that thuggish stage.

Please define "thug", or "thuggish" then sir?

What makes him a thug?
mrfootball03 Wrote:Please define "thug", or "thuggish" then sir?

What makes him a thug?

The taunting, the mouthing, the temper, etc.
Redneck Wrote:The taunting, the mouthing, the temper, etc.

Oh, so Kobe Bryant is a thug too?
Redneck Wrote:I didn't say he was the exact same guy, just said he hasn't grown out of that thuggish stage.

You actually are saying he is the same guy, if you are implying he hasnt grown out of what you perceived to be a thuggish stage. Are you the same person you were 5 years ago?? i am sure as hell not.
corndog23 Wrote:You actually are saying he is the same guy, if you are implying he hasnt grown out of what you perceived to be a thuggish stage. Are you the same person you were 5 years ago?? i am sure as hell not.

For the most part, yeah I am.
Redneck Wrote:For the most part, yeah I am.

I can tell..

Never did answer me tho..

So, Kobe is a thug too?
mrfootball03 Wrote:I can tell..

Never did answer me tho..

So, Kobe is a thug too?

Kobe has had his moments of thugism.
Redneck Wrote:Kobe has had his moments of thugism.

Wow, so is this a religon too?.. I'm very intrested tell me more..

heck with my judaism class.. teach me more about thugism.. Big Grin
My opinion is whether he touched the official or not he had no business approaching him after he had been ejected.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:My opinion is whether he touched the official or not he had no business approaching him after he had been ejected.

I watched WCHS last night, which is based out of Charleston, and they interviewed the guy who was at the Scorer's Table right in front of the Official. He stated that OJ did bump the Official, but he also stated that the Officials feet were in a bad position which was the main reason he fell. He stated that if the Officials feet were in a different position he wouldn't have fell after the bump.
Well its all a bunch of crap just a way for the official to et his name out there, and from what I have read that two of the officials have called this way against huntington before.
I agree, he should not have approached the official after the second technical was issued. Mayo's hands were at his side and I think that no bump can cause a referee to go flying 10 feet. Great acting job by the referee and poor judgement on OJ's part.
BIGBLACK Wrote:I agree, he should not have approached the official after the second technical was issued. Mayo's hands were at his side and I think that no bump can cause a referee to go flying 10 feet. Great acting job by the referee and poor judgement on OJ's part.

True and once he got the first T, he should have stayed out of the crowd in the middle of the floor.:ref2:
OffTheHook Wrote:True and once he got the first T, he should have stayed out of the crowd in the middle of the floor.:ref2:
Stay out of the crowd that were the officals told the players to go. It was just player that were in the game. Its the officals job to make sure once a T has been called that there isnt anymore problems with the two players.
Pages: 1 2 3 4