Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
It's not been confirmed yet but I heard were going to pick up Rhea Co. Tennessee in week 0 and have a open date the week we was suppose to play Sheldon Clark.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:It's not been confirmed yet but I heard were going to pick up Rhea Co. Tennessee in week 0 and have a open date the week we was suppose to play Sheldon Clark.

Not sure of the specifics, but I do know they talked to a TN team last week and I am waiting to hear if anything was finalized. Hypothetically, if the team is Rhea County, then it would be another real good team on the schedule. Traditionally they are very good.
bucslover68 Wrote:Not sure of the specifics, but I do know they talked to a TN team last week and I am waiting to hear if anything was finalized. Hypothetically, if the team is Rhea County, then it would be another real good team on the schedule. Traditionally they are very good.

That is what one of the boys told me yesterday and yes Rhea Co. Is usually really good.
What calendar week is week 0? the 12th or the 19th?
Rhea County is usually very competitive. From time to time they have really good teams
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:What calendar week is week 0? the 12th or the 19th?
Should be 19th I believe.
I here it's going to be a one year deal.
Rhea County is a 5A school

Reached the State Semi's the past two seasons.

Rhea County is located between Chattanooga and Knoxville.

Would be a very quality addition
Tuff drive on a flat nose school bus
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:I here it's going to be a one year deal.

If so, have you heard where would it be? I know Belfry needs another home game this year to balance the schedule. But a game is a game when you need it.
I'm sure Belfry will still scrimmage hazard. They have scrimmage since 2008.
Hurricane Storm Wrote:If so, have you heard where would it be? I know Belfry needs another home game this year to balance the schedule. But a game is a game when you need it.

I heard it would be a home game.
I talked to one of the Coaches tonight they should know something Monday about the
Rhea Co game for sure
Zudith Wrote:The backfield will be the most interesting this summer. You have Adkins and Hunter battling it out for the other HB position. Wellman has the speed to run HB too.

With the line that we will have next year I would like to see Haywood go back to more of a power running game. Use Wellman at the HB position and when he wants to run the spread bring in Adkins or Hunter. Both, Hunter and Adkins need to put on some size in the offseason.

I put my money on Devin Varney he's "6-1" 180 and faster than he was but I guess we will see
Taveon Hunter has been busting it from what I've heard. Devin Varney looks a little thicker in the shoulders too.
belfry0304 Wrote:taveon hunter has been busting it from what i've heard. Devin varney looks a little thicker in the shoulders too.

lol
Probably going to be a couple of white jerseys getting some snaps in practice at tailback also. The stable is pretty full in the backfield. The thing that worries me is that little line Belfry has.
For JV
I know I'm jumping the gun. But I really hope Corbin moves the semi-final game to a larger stadium Confusednicker:
Any word on Rhea County?
No haven't heard anything.
One of the bay's said that the coaches said that they got Rhea Co. but I haven't heard it from one of the coaches yet I hope it's true.
No official confirmation on Rhea County. If it is being discussed, it isn't a done deal yet

give @belfryfootball1 a follow on Twitter. Official page for the team.
I'm just telling you what coach Tacket said in sure he would know
This group coming up from the middle school are very fast!
Why doesn't Belfry add Mingo Central to the schedule? Will they agree to play the Pirates? The two schools are close to each other and i hear the central players enjoy talking alot of smack of what they would do if the two teams played each other. :argue:
Big Don Wrote:Why doesn't Belfry add Mingo Central to the schedule? Will they agree to play the Pirates? The two schools are close to each other and i hear the central players enjoy talking alot of smack of what they would do if the two teams played each other. :argue:

Will not happen as long as Kinder is at Mingo

Personally I would love to see this matchup because it makes a ton of sense financially and geographically
Football Granny Wrote:This group coming up from the middle school are very fast!

Very fast......and very talented. Not sure I've seen a faster overall class in all my years watching the program.
Big Don Wrote:Why doesn't Belfry add Mingo Central to the schedule? Will they agree to play the Pirates? The two schools are close to each other and i hear the central players enjoy talking alot of smack of what they would do if the two teams played each other. :argue:

They won't agree to it, TongueirateSho

However, August 25th 2017 is a possible "opening" for MC in Week 1.
The annual income from this game would be in the thousands but just
getting it to happen is about as likely as the sun not coming up tomorrow.

And as for the "Yogi Excuse" as I've termed it, I honestly doubt this game would've even happened once in the last 6 years had he not been the head coach.
MCMiner247 Wrote:They won't agree to it, TongueirateSho

However, August 25th 2017 is a possible "opening" for MC in Week 1.
The annual income from this game would be in the thousands but just
getting it to happen is about as likely as the sun not coming up tomorrow.

And as for the "Yogi Excuse" as I've termed it, I honestly doubt this game would've even happened once in the last 6 years had he not been the head coach.

Why is that?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18