Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
A couple of inches in height has kept a lot of our kids from playing at a level I feel they would have excelled at.

Micah Caudill
Phillip Varney
Richie Blackburn
Doug Howard

All these guys come to mind rather quickly.
Leonidas Wrote:A couple of inches in height has kept a lot of our kids from playing at a level I feel they would have excelled at.

Micah Caudill
Phillip Varney
Richie Blackburn
Doug Howard

Agree wholeheartedly. Plenty more could be added to that list........

Too many to mention....
Any one know where and when the Rock/Belfry scrimmage will be played,
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Any one know where and when the Rock/Belfry scrimmage will be played,

Week zero but I don't know where it's going to be yet maybe at Hazard
Has Belfry and Rockcastle ever played each other before? Seems like maybe they did in the Pike County Bowl once. It will be interesting seeing them on the same field, even if it is just a scrimmage. I always thought of these two programs as similar.

If they are trying to find a location midway, then Hazard or Perry County Central would be almost exactly half way between the two. If that isn't possible, a scrimmage could even be held at a middle school field if there is one available.
Buc-a-roo Wrote:Has Belfry and Rockcastle ever played each other before? Seems like maybe they did in the Pike County Bowl once. It will be interesting seeing them on the same field, even if it is just a scrimmage. I always thought of these two programs as similar.

If they are trying to find a location midway, then Hazard or Perry County Central would be almost exactly half way between the two. If that isn't possible, a scrimmage could even be held at a middle school field if there is one available.
Yes you are correct

They met once in the PCB with Belfry winning
I plan on watching them play NewCath this year.
The boys are working hard I can't wait
This is going to be a special season
Belfry will win all there games against 3a teams by a running clock. I'll give Corbin a very small chance to keep from a running clock. No one in west of 3a will be a threat to belfry.
While Belfry should be the prohibitive favorite going into the season......its certainly not a given. Despite being extremely talented.....this team will need to stay FOCUSED and HEALTHY. This Senior class is on the brink of doing something that's rarely, if ever, been done here in Kentucky. If Belfry wins the 2016 3A championship....that will mean this group of kids will have won FIVE straight KY State Championships...dating back to their KYMSFA championship as 8th graders. I worry more about the injury bug than I do staying focused. Hard working group of kids who push each other.....and have done so repeatedly.

Special times on Pond Creek.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:While Belfry should be the prohibitive favorite going into the season......its certainly not a given. Despite being extremely talented.....this team will need to stay FOCUSED and HEALTHY. This Senior class is on the brink of doing something that's rarely, if ever, been done here in Kentucky. If Belfry wins the 2016 3A championship....that will mean this group of kids will have won FIVE straight KY State Championships...dating back to their KYMSFA championship as 8th graders. I worry more about the injury bug than I do staying focused. Hard working group of kids who push each other.....and have done so repeatedly.

Special times on Pond Creek.

This team has depth we should be fine
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:This team has depth we should be fine

You're right.....this team does have a tremendous amt of depth. Probably the most talented group as a whole that's ever come thru Belfry. Should be an interesting year on Pond Creek! Can't wait
We don't have much more time until they start I can't wait the boys have worked hard this summer so far
With this being Haywood fair well season who replace him as new coach ,
eagles2011 Wrote:With this being Haywood fair well season who replace him as new coach ,

I havent heard anything about him leaving? I dont think he would leave for a few years.
Unlucky for the teams we play he's not going anywhere anytime soon he said as long as his wife and he's health is good he wasn't going anywhere so I guess he'll just keep racking up the wins
People have said that for years.
Heck we ask it all the time but that's what he said I think he'll go five more years
He will finish with this group of freshman.
The freshman group is just what the doctor ordered for this program. Puts Belfry in a perfect position to reload once again. There are some studs in that group.
Leonidas Wrote:A couple of inches in height has kept a lot of our kids from playing at a level I feel they would have excelled at.

Micah Caudill
Phillip Varney
Richie Blackburn
Doug Howard

Pound for Pound and Inch for Inch....not a lot better than Philip Hickman.
Belfry0304 Wrote:The freshman group is just what the doctor ordered for this program. Puts Belfry in a perfect position to reload once again. There are some studs in that group.

Freshman class (barring injury and kids moving away) will have ample opportunities to make their own mark at BHS. I would agree with earlier poster....I can't see Coach Haywood leaving before this class is thru.
I get asked a LOT if any of those kids are gonna compete for any spots this season... I've seen crazier things. Starting next year, I'd expect to see several of them start to move into playing time. Nothing would surprise me.
My dad graduated with Haywood I was told by reliable source his health wasn't that good , I hope he does coach another 4 years because there not a better man a person could choose , but if all said and done ho would be the next coach

Would they hire someone that's already a assistant coach
Do they go after jim Mattney.
Bring back david Jones
Good luck belfry can't wait for some football ,
eagles2011 Wrote:My dad graduated with Haywood I was told by reliable source his health wasn't that good , I hope he does coach another 4 years because there not a better man a person could choose , but if all said and done ho would be the next coach

Bring back david Jones

Well other than a few more gray hairs he's in as good shape as he was 20 yrs ago I see him at least once a week right now he amazes me he'll be here when we all gone Lol
Belfry0304 Wrote:I get asked a LOT if any of those kids are gonna compete for any spots this season... I've seen crazier things. Starting next year, I'd expect to see several of them start to move into playing time. Nothing would surprise me.

Yea they should be a couple them play some there 10th grade yr it's a good little bunch
eagles2011 Wrote:My dad graduated with Haywood I was told by reliable source his health wasn't that good , I hope he does coach another 4 years because there not a better man a person could choose , but if all said and done ho would be the next coach

Bring back david Jones

Yes
No
No
Thanks!
Haywood will leave when he wants to. Bad health?, I haven't heard of anything major over the years,
Belfry0304 Wrote:I get asked a LOT if any of those kids are gonna compete for any spots this season... I've seen crazier things. Starting next year, I'd expect to see several of them start to move into playing time. Nothing would surprise me.

Three years ago.....opportunities existed where Freshman like Bentley, Raquan Horton, Dotson and others were able to gain significant Varsity time.....especially once the Playoffs began. Those adjustments led to the first championship in this run Belfry's on. Whether or not opportunities of that magnitude will be available this year is doubtful. I do think plenty of underclassmen will see some varsity time (mop up duty).....but it would be a mistake to judge the ability of this incoming freshman class...along with the returning sophomores based upon their overall impact on this season. The Junior and Senior talent is completely off the charts for a program this size.

People across 3A are thinking Belfry's run is over after this season. Some of the household names are gonna change.....but IMO, if these kids all stay together( economy, job transfers)....the winning and competing at a very high level is not going away any time soon.
eagles2011 Wrote:With this being Haywood fair well season who replace him as new coach ,

who said he was leaving?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18