Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 42 Paintsville 23
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Final.
Congratulations Pikeville! Bring home that trophy. Hopefully there will be two champs from Pike County.
Looks good on ya Panthers!

Happy for Coach Mac who is a class act!
Congrats, but little chance of beating Beechwood, since they can not kick the ball more than 20 yards on kickoff...and they fumble the ball several times a game....will have to improve on those to even be within 2 tds.... I truly hope they can make necessary changes, as we do want our mountain teams to win.....tough loss for Paintsville, but do not believe they would have won with Kash.
BlueSky Wrote:Congrats, but little chance of beating Beechwood, since they can not kick the ball more than 20 yards on kickoff...and they fumble the ball several times a game....will have to improve on those to even be within 2 tds.... I truly hope they can make necessary changes, as we do want our mountain teams to win.....tough loss for Paintsville, but do not believe they would have won with Kash.

Kash made Paintsville a better team.
I think the short kick offs are directly related to Mr. Phelps' kick off return for a touchdown-- WHY TEMPT FATE?! Let's go, Panthers!!
Good job Pikeville. I hope my riding you bunch had something to do with it. I'm glad to see you guys back.
Pikeville is 2 touchdowns better than paintsville with a healthy kash. Fact.
Be proud Pikeville. But, you gotta show up next week. Beechwood will be tough.
mysonis55 Wrote:Good job Pikeville. I hope my riding you bunch had something to do with it. I'm glad to see you guys back.

Confusednicker:
Awful to see the kids high school career end that way, he has a bright future but there's nothing like your high school days. Just hate to see it end that way.
Congrats Panthers bring home the gold. Congrats to Paintsville on a great season.
Congrats to Pikeville :1: played a really great game tonight hope you bring it home !
Plus to my friend JetPilot the best stat guy around, be safe on that great trip to Bowling Green wish I was going :ChairHit:
TigerBlues Wrote:Congrats to Pikeville :1: played a really great game tonight hope you bring it home !

And that my friends is how you lose with grace. Classy Tiger!:Thumbs:
bigcat95 Wrote:Pikeville is 2 touchdowns better than paintsville with a healthy kash. Fact.

Congrats Pikeville bring home a championship back the the mountains , but I'm sorry Pikeville is not 2 touchdown betters than paintsville with Kash and but
Guess what we will never know they played a great game and the first 20 minutes paintsville moved the ball good with Kent as QB and Allen as RB then Pikeville starts catching on the zone plays and blitzing cause they was one dimensional with Kent as QB... They passed for a touchdown in the first drive and never really passed the ball after that besides the interception that if it would've been a good ball would've been a touchdown... But paintsville played good , Pikeville just was the better team tonight...
With Kash on that field tonight, Paintsville would be on their way to bowling green and be bringing home the hardware next Friday. Congratulations to Pikeville their impressive road win. But to say they are 2tds better with Kash is crazy. Considering in their first matchup he put the team on his back and accounted for all but one point and had 23 tackles. He's a big loss. But I hope the panthers can bring home the hardware next Friday.
wymt Wrote:Congrats Pikeville bring home a championship back the the mountains , but I'm sorry Pikeville is not 2 touchdown betters than paintsville with Kash and but
Guess what we will never know they played a great game and the first 20 minutes paintsville moved the ball good with Kent as QB and Allen as RB then Pikeville starts catching on the zone plays and blitzing cause they was one dimensional with Kent as QB... They passed for a touchdown in the first drive and never really passed the ball after that besides the interception that if it would've been a good ball would've been a touchdown... But paintsville played good , Pikeville just was the better team tonight...

The fact is, Paintsville RARELY had an answer for Pugh tonight and the Panther defense bent but didn't break!

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas! Pikeville was not perfect, but they didn't let Paintsville's early success slow them or change the game plan-- they played solid D and were never really stopped on offense-- it worked-- they looked calm and composed!

Congrats, Tigers on an awesome season-- Now, Panthers, FINISH THE JOB!!!
PHS95 Wrote:The fact is, Paintsville RARELY had an answer for Pugh tonight and the Panther defense bent but didn't break!

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas! Pikeville was not perfect, but they didn't let Paintsville's early success slow them or change the game plan-- they played solid D and were never really stopped on offense-- it worked-- they looked calm and composed!

Panther fans like you are no good .. I just congratulate you and you pick out the thing I said about paintsville ... And they didn't have answer for Pugh he ran the ball like they expected with Kash not there , 31 attempts for 234 and 2 tds ... They should've cut his attempts a little to rest up they have a very good back up running back ....but once again congrats tigers a heck of season and good luck the Pikeville Panthers
PHS95 Wrote:The fact is, Paintsville RARELY had an answer for Pugh tonight and the Panther defense bent but didn't break!

No argument here, Pikeville was better and it showed by position
Hail pikeville!!!
wymt Wrote:Panther fans like you are no good .. I just congratulate you and you pick out the thing I said about paintsville ... And they didn't have answer for Pugh he ran the ball like they expected with Kash not there , 31 attempts for 234 and 2 tds ... They should've cut his attempts a little to rest up they have a very good back up running back ....but once again congrats tigers a heck of season and good luck the Pikeville Panthers

I said nothing out of the way to you at all-- just pointing out that saying "IF that had been a good ball..." is pointless.... that wasn't the game changer! I was congratulatory as well, and am NEVER rude to anyone here-- Great job, Tigers! Awesome season!
Congrats Pikeville
I really hope that Daric Pugh gets a offer from someone ... The only that bothers me is how much of affect is this going to have on Kash??? You know this has to kill him not being able to play this game , he walked with a very noticeable limp tonight , does anyone know a timetable on his injury if he will play any basketball ?? Cause I know he is enrolled for spring classes at UK
Paintsville fought hard without their leader. Good game by two good teams.
Congrats to Pikeville! They played a great game tonight! Now beat Beechwoods a@# and bring the title to the mountains! I hope #1 for the Panthers is ok? Yes Kash did have a very noticeable limp but not until late in the third quarter when it was evident the game was out of hand! Good luck Panthers!
To all the Paintsville faithful, I remember in 2008 going down there to watch my brother play against Paintsville. There were maybe 15 kids on the team and the stands weren't half full and it was a district title game and senior night....It made me very sad to see the proud program they once were be on life support....To see the job that Coach Chirico and the community of Paintsville has done to resurrect this program is something they ALL should should be commended for. Congrats on Great Year Tigers and Good Luck Kash and all the seniors.
Congratulation to the Tigers on a great season. Nothing to hang their heads about. They played hard and enjoyed a magical ride.

Now for my Panthers. What else can be said? 500 yards of offense, the D made adjustments and took Paintsvilles best shots on the first few drives, rolled up their sleeves, and did work. Paintsville barely had over 100 yards offense, even with a short field. Pikeville coaches called the plays perfect, going on clock eating drives that kept Phelps from getting too many touches, and the squib kicks showed their faith in the defense while again minimizing Phelps' touches. Just outstanding adjustments and execution all around. The turnover battle was even with Paintsville one fumble lost and one interception vs Pikeville losing two fumbles.

This is just for those posters who did not believe it when we said this was a different Pikeville team from the first game. Now you see what we meant when we said that.
Congrats to Pikeville. Congrats to Paintsville on a great season.
PHSForever Wrote:Congratulation to the Tigers on a great season. Nothing to hang their heads about. They played hard and enjoyed a magical ride.

Now for my Panthers. What else can be said? 500 yards of offense, the D made adjustments and took Paintsvilles best shots on the first few drives, rolled up their sleeves, and did work. Paintsville barely had over 100 yards offense, even with a short field. Pikeville coaches called the plays perfect, going on clock eating drives that kept Phelps from getting too many touches, and the squib kicks showed their faith in the defense while again minimizing Phelps' touches. Just outstanding adjustments and execution all around. The turnover battle was even with Paintsville one fumble lost and one interception vs Pikeville losing two fumbles.

This is just for those posters who did not believe it when we said this was a different Pikeville team from the first game. Now you see what we meant when we said that.

Agree ! Imo, this is the best Pikeville team we've seen in years. Beechwood better be ready.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5