Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 42 Paintsville 23
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Redneck Wrote:That's true, BUT, ALOT of missed tackles last night that he wouldn't have missed, not to mention we could have used his arm and legs on offense. Like I said before, doesn't mean we would have won, but it would have a different ball game.

I really wish he would have played. Hope he is ok.
Having said that, Pikeville wasn't going to lose this game. Over 500 yards of offense, gave up just over 100 on defense. Pikeville really dominated on both sides of the ball. Paintsville's only weapon was Pikeville's kickoffs. After the score was 14-7 midway through the first, Pikeville outscored Paintsville 35-3 to put it away and there was never a doubt. Yes, Kash would have made a difference on defense, but Pikeville brilliantly using play-action on the passes would have neutralized him somewhat. He wouldn't have stopped the 3 TD passes. And Paintsville didn't keep Pugh out of the end zone last time, they weren't going to with Kash either. Great season Paintsville and beat Beechwood!:Cheerlead
Look at Paintsville's sideline starting at the 3:10 mark of this video and you will see just how far they have come!!!

cuppett777 Wrote:Kash is good but Pikeville was just better team,they ran it on Paintsville at will,and I am not Pikeville fan.Kash wouldn't made that much of a difference.
As Lee Corso might say I beg to differ. Taking possible KY Mr. Football out of this contest made a huge difference in outcome. Not saying Tigers would have prevailed but would certainly had a chance to win this game.

With that being said even though Pugh had a great game which was expected the MVP for the Panthers offence was their quarterback. Really liked how he controlled the game and how he throws catchable balls. He looks to be a big time talent from what I saw.
hunter 44 Wrote:Now that's its over can someone fill us in on kash ? Bruised? Torn? Acl? Mcl ? What kept him off the field ? Hope the Young man has a great experience at uk.

We got Railed! That's the only reason he stayed of the field! Old personal vendetta! Wasn't the injury! Anyway it's over and done with. Makes A difference with Kash not with Kash! Who cares. It's irrelevant! Heart wins these types of games! Pikeville had a little more but make no mistake! Don't second guess Pikevilles victory , Every single ounce of heart that Paintsville has was on that field last night and it just wasn't quite enough! Very proud of all the boys for laying it out there and not having to wonder what if! Tigers star Kent Phelps tried his best to put the team on his back but Pikeville was just too strong last night! He's defiantly a young man the younger Tigers look up to and a great role model! Congrats to Pikeville for a well played game! Give em He@# in Bowling Green boys!!
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:We got Railed! That's the only reason he stayed of the field! Old personal vendetta! Wasn't the injury! Anyway it's over and done with. Makes A difference with Kash not with Kash! Who cares. It's irrelevant! Heart wins these types of games! Pikeville had a little more but make no mistake! Don't second guess Pikevilles victory , Every single ounce of heart that Paintsville has was on that field last night and it just wasn't quite enough! Very proud of all the boys for laying it out there and not having to wonder what if! Tigers star Kent Phelps tried his best to put the team on his back but Pikeville was just too strong last night! He's defiantly a young man the younger Tigers look up to and a great role model! Congrats to Pikeville for a well played game! Give em He@# in Bowling Green boys!!
Wait. So you are saying that Kash didn't play because of an old vendetta by his dad? That's lame. I hope he's ok and goes on to big things at UK. Don't cheapen Paintsvilles season and the many good things that happened by getting on here and making rash statements like that.

As I said before, congrats to the Tigers on a good season and glad to see them competitive again.
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:We got Railed! That's the only reason he stayed of the field! Old personal vendetta! Wasn't the injury! Anyway it's over and done with. Makes A difference with Kash not with Kash! Who cares. It's irrelevant! Heart wins these types of games! Pikeville had a little more but make no mistake! Don't second guess Pikevilles victory , Every single ounce of heart that Paintsville has was on that field last night and it just wasn't quite enough! Very proud of all the boys for laying it out there and not having to wonder what if! Tigers star Kent Phelps tried his best to put the team on his back but Pikeville was just too strong last night! He's defiantly a young man the younger Tigers look up to and a great role model! Congrats to Pikeville for a well played game! Give em He@# in Bowling Green boys!!
Disagree here as sure Dad was putting his sons best interest in perspective that playing hurt wasn't in his best interest going forward and wasn't worth the risk.

Will agree that Kent Phelps put it all on the line & played a super game.
Just wondering thoughts as not trying to second guess coach C but with Phelps being our best athlete on field why he wasn't on defensive side of ball last night? Feel like he could have made a difference in slowing Pugh.
doubledown Wrote:Disagree here as sure Dad was putting his sons best interest in perspective that playing hurt wasn't in his best interest going forward and wasn't worth the risk.

Just wondering thoughts as not trying to second guess coach C but with Phelps being our best athlete on field why he wasn't on defensive side of ball last night? Feel like he could have made a difference in slowing Pugh.

He was.
jetpilot Wrote:He was.
what play? or did I miss him changing jersey #'s
doubledown Wrote:what play? or did I miss him changing jersey #'s

TD pass right before halftime, bunch more plays.

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/sports/sportsovertime
jetpilot Wrote:TD pass right before halftime, bunch more plays.

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/sports/sportsovertime
Watched the replay highlights you posted Jetpilot and did see #1 on D. Just did not recall seeing him on the that side of ball. He is a big time talent & as posted earlier MR Pugh is also big time but Pikeville quarterback is really good.
Thanks for post and will say GO Panthers
jetpilot Wrote:Look at Paintsville's sideline starting at the 3:10 mark of this video and you will see just how far they have come!!!

On the upswing for sure.
No problem DD and also I agree with you that best interest of Kash is first and foremost. Better safe than sorry. Reminds me of the time Pitino didn't play Derek Anderson lol...
Anderson "could" have played but Pitino didn't want to bet Anderson's future on it. Not saying Kash "could" have played but if there is any doubt you just can't take that chance IMO...
jetpilot Wrote:No problem DD and also I agree with you that best interest of Kash is first and foremost. Better safe than sorry. Reminds me of the time Pitino didn't play Derek Anderson lol...
Anderson "could" have played but Pitino didn't want to bet Anderson's future on it. Not saying Kash "could" have played but if there is any doubt you just can't take that chance IMO...
Agree if there if is more or bigger things in future going forward got to look at future.

haven't gotten any feedback on the QB for the Panthers but have posted earlier thought he was very impressive? Any Pikeville posters think like wise or did you guys think that regardless who was running the offense Panthers would prevail without Kash of course?
doubledown Wrote:Agree if there if is more or bigger things in future going forward got to look at future.

haven't gotten any feedback on the QB for the Panthers but have posted earlier thought he was very impressive? Any Pikeville posters think like wise or did you guys think that regardless who was running the offense Panthers would prevail without Kash of course?

Battaile has been doing what you saw last night for 10 weeks or so now dd...

When he ran for 132 yards and a TD and was 7-7 for 180 yards and 2 TDs during the regular season against Hazard I thought he was going to be very good. Looks very confident and smooth. Now completing over 80% of his passes on the year and since the Belfry game has thrown for 17 TDs and 0 interceptions. Really just a special player.
PHSForever Wrote:Wait. So you are saying that Kash didn't play because of an old vendetta by his dad? That's lame. I hope he's ok and goes on to big things at UK. Don't cheapen Paintsvilles season and the many good things that happened by getting on here and making rash statements like that.

As I said before, congrats to the Tigers on a good season and glad to see them competitive again.

doubledown Wrote:Disagree here as sure Dad was putting his sons best interest in perspective that playing hurt wasn't in his best interest going forward and wasn't worth the risk.

I can assure u its not "just a rash statement"! We would always want to assume a parent is always doing the best for their kid but unfortunately we have to realize sometimes that's just not the case. It's a very sad deal for all the players! Expeciallly for seniors that will NEVER suit up again and for them to have it end that way! SMH!
jetpilot Wrote:Battaile has been doing what you saw last night for 10 weeks or so now dd...

When he ran for 132 yards and a TD and was 7-7 for 180 yards and 2 TDs during the regular season against Hazard I thought he was going to be very good. Looks very confident and smooth. Now completing over 80% of his passes on the year and since the Belfry game has thrown for 17 TDs and 0 interceptions. Really just a special player.
Had heard from my son-in law he was the real deal going in but hadn't heard much about him but he said he was a good basketball prospect but a certain coach from Pikeville said he would be a difference maker in this game and for the Panthers going forward.
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:I can assure u its not "just a rash statement"! We would always want to assume a parent is always doing the best for their kid but unfortunately we have to realize sometimes that's just not the case. It's a very sad deal for all the players! Expeciallly for seniors that will NEVER suit up again and for them to have it end that way! SMH!
BB 96- you may know things I'm not aware of but have played with and been around the Daniel family, don't think Rail or most importantly Kash was not thinking about the team when decision made about sitting this one out. He is a candidate for KY MR Football so I'm sure if anyway possible if no risk of further injury he would have played,

On a side note think Kent Phelps will be a candidate for MR Football next year if he stays injury free as very impressive player.
Paintsville just did not have the defense or the offense to win last night.....No doubt Kash could have made some difference, just not enough....GREAT SEASON for the Tigers..... Should be very proud of the team... always good teams in all sports, and super in academics!!!! Good fans, just a great school.....Good luck to the Panthers, hope all those who are sick get well soon... It will be very hard to beat Beechwood... If they do not come with a better kicking, it could turn into a rout.....
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:I can assure u its not "just a rash statement"! We would always want to assume a parent is always doing the best for their kid but unfortunately we have to realize sometimes that's just not the case. It's a very sad deal for all the players! Expeciallly for seniors that will NEVER suit up again and for them to have it end that way! SMH!
i hate to hear that. Sometimes decisions make us shake our heads. That said, again, congratulations to the Tigers on an outstanding season. Some impressive young men there.
Nobody can say how this game would have turned out if Kash Daniel had been healthy and he had played, so why try? The loss of a key player just prior to a big game magnifies the impact of the loss because a team does not have much time to make adjustments. Maybe Kash would not have made any difference but it is clear that he was a difference maker in the first game.

Injuries are part of the game and they provide great challenges to coaches and the players who do play. The first game was a toss-up with Kash playing, so a Pikeville win would not have been an upset even if he had played. This game went from a toss-up to Pikeville being a solid favorite when Kash was dropped from Paintsville's lineup. Acknowledging that fact does not cheapen Pikeville's win in any way but denying that it might have made a difference seems petty.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Nobody can say how this game would have turned out if Kash Daniel had been healthy and he had played, so why try? The loss of a key player just prior to a big game magnifies the impact of the loss because a team does not have much time to make adjustments. Maybe Kash would not have made any difference but it is clear that he was a difference maker in the first game.

Injuries are part of the game and they provide great challenges to coaches and the players who do play. The first game was a toss-up with Kash playing, so a Pikeville win would not have been an upset even if he had played. This game went from a toss-up to Pikeville being a solid favorite when Kash was dropped from Paintsville's lineup. Acknowledging that fact does not cheapen Pikeville's win in any way but denying that it might have made a difference seems petty.

Very well said. I don't think anyone can argue with this post (although many probably will).
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Nobody can say how this game would have turned out if Kash Daniel had been healthy and he had played, so why try? The loss of a key player just prior to a big game magnifies the impact of the loss because a team does not have much time to make adjustments. Maybe Kash would not have made any difference but it is clear that he was a difference maker in the first game.

I agree with most of your post but don't think anyone's being petty. Pikeville is a different team from the first game. Defense really came along, a great QB who Paintsville hadn't seen, etc. Nobody's saying it wouldn't have made a difference if Kash played. Only saying that the way Pikeville totally dominated the game on both sides of the ball that they still would have won. Nothing petty about it. And not only some Pikeville people saying it but plenty of Paintsville people saying it as well. I hope Kash heals quickly and I think he can help UK's defense as a freshman.:Thumbs:
jetpilot Wrote:I agree with most of your post but don't think anyone's being petty. Pikeville is a different team from the first game. Defense really came along, a great QB who Paintsville hadn't seen, etc. Nobody's saying it wouldn't have made a difference if Kash played. Only saying that the way Pikeville totally dominated the game on both sides of the ball that they still would have won. Nothing petty about it. And not only some Pikeville people saying it but plenty of Paintsville people saying it as well. I hope Kash heals quickly and I think he can help UK's defense as a freshman.:Thumbs:
We'll have to agree to disagree. It is petty to say that the result of a game against a team that has already beaten your team would have been the same if arguably the best player in the state had not been sidelined. It shows a lack of class, IMO, and I am not a Paintsville fan. Winning gracefully is just as difficult as losing gracefully, but it can be done.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:We'll have to agree to disagree. It is petty to say that the result of a game against a team that has already beaten your team would have been the same if arguably the best player in the state had not been sidelined. It shows a lack of class, IMO, and I am not a Paintsville fan. Winning gracefully is just as difficult as losing gracefully, but it can be done.

Thanks for the class lessons, O Pompous One. Only opinions and ideas (and yes, speculation, oh my!) exchanged here, maybe it's held to a higher standard on the Johnson Central threads. Pretty safe to say Paintsville fans and Pikeville fans get along famously. Don't need sermons from JC fans on how it's done. Geez!:goofy:
jetpilot Wrote:Thanks for the class lessons, O Pompous One. Only opinions and ideas (and yes, speculation, oh my!) exchanged here, maybe it's held to a higher standard on the Johnson Central threads. Pretty safe to say Paintsville fans and Pikeville fans get along famously. Don't need sermons from JC fans on how it's done. Geez!:goofy:
:lmao: No surprise that you were the one that disagreed with my post about pettiness. Every successful program has a few hangers on like you. Still, I hope Pikeville crushes Beechwood. Most of Pikeville's fans seem to be fairly classy.
Hoot Gibson Wrote::lmao: No surprise that you were the one that disagreed with my post about pettiness. Every successful program has a few hangers on like you. Still, I hope Pikeville crushes Beechwood. Most of Pikeville's fans seem to be fairly classy.

1. I'm sure plenty of people disagree with you.
2. What would you know about successful programs?
3. Yet another post where you seem to consider yourself a class expert.
4. I think your work here is done. Run along and go teach some more people how to be classy.
5. I think you have a screw loose.

:goofy:
jetpilot Wrote:1. I'm sure plenty of people disagree with you.
2. What would you know about successful programs?
3. Yet another post where you seem to consider yourself a class expert.
4. I think your work here is done. Run along and go teach some more people how to be classy.
5. I think you have a screw loose.

Typical response. I usually refrain from responding to your posts because when people are making themselves look like fools or jerks, there is no need to pile on. Please continue, you are doing a fine job on both counts without my help.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Typical response. I usually refrain from responding to your posts because when people are making themselves look like fools or jerks, there is no need to pile on. Please continue, you are doing a fine job on both counts without my help.

Hoot Gibson Wrote:We'll have to agree to disagree. It is petty to say that the result of a game against a team that has already beaten your team would have been the same if arguably the best player in the state had not been sidelined. It shows a lack of class, IMO, and I am not a Paintsville fan. Winning gracefully is just as difficult as losing gracefully, but it can be done.

Pikeville had a big lead and handed the game to them the first time around. Pikeville was clearly the superior team in round two.
jetpilot Wrote:I agree with most of your post but don't think anyone's being petty. Pikeville is a different team from the first game. Defense really came along, a great QB who Paintsville hadn't seen, etc. Nobody's saying it wouldn't have made a difference if Kash played. Only saying that the way Pikeville totally dominated the game on both sides of the ball that they still would have won. Nothing petty about it. And not only some Pikeville people saying it but plenty of Paintsville people saying it as well. I hope Kash heals quickly and I think he can help UK's defense as a freshman.:Thumbs:

The thing is Pikeville won and advances to the state championship. It really should be left at that and congratulate the Panthers for winning against A Paintsville team that played with 100% heart and just came up short! That shoulda been the end of it. Unfortunately as you read these comments quite a few Fans are just trying to head off that "what if" by saying Kash wouldn't have made "that much of a difference" or "enough of a difference that Pikeville still woulda won" to be real you know better! Actually yea! It's a tad petty! Take a 100% healthy Paintsville team and an hour before the game Pikeville finds out Pugh isn't playing! Believe what you want I know that outcome and you do too! Fact is the "what woulda truly been the outcome had Paintsville had all their troops" will always be wondered! However, to me it doesn't matter! They didn't! Pikeville won! Just don't down play the dominant presence he has on the game! Now go get em Panthers! Your representing all of us in the eastern part of the state now!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5