Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: TomCat Pride:"Without Quenton, We Have No Offense"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I thought this statement in speaking to his fellow tomcat brethren "we all know that without Quenton, we have no offense" profound due to the fact that prior to the Ashland/Johnson Central game the ASH-land faithful has stated time and time again that they have one of most diversified and potent backfields in all of Kentucky. Obviously Tomcat Pride is considered the most outspoken advocate of all things Tomcat, so did the Johnson Central game expose a lack of prowess in the Tomcat attack or have we all been duped by the ASH-land faithful by mass over exaggerations again this year? If any other poster would have made this profound statement you could brush it aside as pure poppy cock, but when someone with a status as lofty and impeccable as Tomcat Pride makes a revelation as such, I cant help but believe that it's gotta be, and worthy of further discussion. Or is Tomcat Pride, perhaps on the verge of committing hari cari and just a tad over emotional at the moment? Which brings another question, with the leader of the den in such distress mean that the ship is about to be abandoned and all men overboard at Paul Blazer? Is Rome on fire?....Thoughts?
But they obviously have a defense holding the mighty juggernaut Johnson Central to 8. Maybe they can rely on their defense.
E's Army Wrote:But they obviously have a defense holding the mighty juggernaut Johnson Central to 8. Maybe they can rely on their defense.

Apparently you have to score more than (((7))) to do it, though.

Agreed?

But then again we are not talking about their year after year after year inability to over come Johnson Central. Immaterial..The subject of the debate is talking about the alleged deficiencies by Tomcat Pride.
Two point conversion away from 7-6. Defense gave them a chance to win against the greatest offense ever assembled.
Hilarious !
E's Army Wrote:Two point conversion away from 7-6. Defense gave them a chance to win against the greatest offense ever assembled.
Please stay on topic...Johnson Central or anyone's defense has nothing to do with this conversation. The topic is Tomcat Pride's assertion that ASH-land (in his view) has no offense other than Quentin Baker. Is there merit to his comments, is the conversational keystone?
Ashland chose to put all their eggs in one basket. In my opinion this greatly reduces the chances of winning a state title.
E's Army Wrote:Two point conversion away from 7-6. Defense gave them a chance to win against the greatest offense ever assembled.
Matney almost always finds a way to beat Ashland. If the 2-point conversion had failed, then he would have found a way to get another score. That is how it has been and that is how it will be. Matney has been JC's kryptonite for the Tomcats.
Matney figures if it fails he will get a fg attempt at some point.
you are possessed with tomcat pride
I find that offensive.
I think Ashland relies too heavily on Baker. They've got plenty of other kids that can hurt you. Kurtlen Brown(#13) isn't on Baker's level, but he's an excellent running back in his own right. Without Quinton, Brown could be a 1500 yard rusher. Noah Roberts(#18) is another good one. The quarterback, Dowdy, also runs well. All three of them return next year so I expect the Tomcats to have another great backfield. Perhaps with Baker gone, they'll embrace a little more variety next season.

Ashland maybe should have taken a page out of Johnson Central's playbook and worked more on their passing game against the overmatched opponents on their schedule. Dowdy doesn't seem very accurate throwing on the run, but he's a lot better when he sets his feet. O'Bryan is criminally under utilized in Ashland's passing game. A big(6'3" or 6'4"), athletic target like him should have the ball thrown his wat at least a few times a game.

As great as Baker is, Ashland can't just settle for being Q left, Q right, Q up the middle.
Well atleast it isn't badcat
Well OK now, here is an interesting question:

If say for some reason at any particular time that Baker happens to not be in the game, (and according to TC-Pride) that means they are offensively non-existent, does that mean that ASH-land falls into the category of the other teams that he deems inferior, as being "minor league"? Just wonder what his mind set is on that?
In my opinion (and it's only that) is that the past few years Ashlands offense has sputtered. They had been ridiculed for not running Quinten enough. Now they Run Quinton more and win a few games but like someone said....they have put all there eggs in one basket. Not much in a passing game. Ashland reminds me of the Bad News Bears. Not that they are bad by no means but Quinten is their version of Kelly Leak. Making crucial plays on offense and defense.
If only he would chime in, a lot of these interesting questions could be laid to rest.
Bob Seger Wrote:I find that offensive.

when you cant respond duck dodge dive and dodge
Bob Seger Wrote:Well OK now, here is an interesting question:

If say for some reason at any particular time that Baker happens to not be in the game, (and according to TC-Pride) that means they are offensively non-existent, does that mean that ASH-land falls into the category of the other teams that he deems inferior, as being "minor league"? Just wonder what his mind set is on that?

They are pretty good defensively so they should always have a chance.
If they are Minor league does that make a team that only beat them by one a team only one point better than minor league?
E's Army Wrote:If they are Minor league does that make a team that only beat them by one a team only one point better than minor league?

With all due respect, you have been completely lost on anything and everything that has been mentioned or discussed in this thread, and I can not figure out why you are so confused.

Nobody has said that ASH-land was a minor league team...Nobody!!...I am simply asking the question of using Tomcat Pride's rationale of the way he determines a team's worth, if that so describes his view of his own team..He is the one that said that "without Quentin, we all know we have no offense" That is his statement. Nobody else has made that statement except for him..In fact there has not been one single post with anyone degrading ASH-land.....Again, NOBODY!!...If you had been keeping up with several other threads, you would know that TC-Pride has been notorious in telling other posters to "Shut up" about their teams, and that he was tired of hearing about their "minor league" teams...In particular, Paintsville...Are you following along here?:HitWall:

And for about the 3rd time now, Johnson Central is not even an element of this discussion.

OK?

Sheesh!!
samson81 Wrote:I think Ashland relies too heavily on Baker. They've got plenty of other kids that can hurt you. Kurtlen Brown(#13) isn't on Baker's level, but he's an excellent running back in his own right. Without Quinton, Brown could be a 1500 yard rusher. Noah Roberts(#18) is another good one. The quarterback, Dowdy, also runs well. All three of them return next year so I expect the Tomcats to have another great backfield. Perhaps with Baker gone, they'll embrace a little more variety next season.

Ashland maybe should have taken a page out of Johnson Central's playbook and worked more on their passing game against the overmatched opponents on their schedule. Dowdy doesn't seem very accurate throwing on the run, but he's a lot better when he sets his feet. O'Bryan is criminally under utilized in Ashland's passing game. A big(6'3" or 6'4"), athletic target like him should have the ball thrown his wat at least a few times a game.

As great as Baker is, Ashland can't just settle for being Q left, Q right, Q up the middle.

Thanks for your perspective.
DevilWatcher Wrote:In my opinion (and it's only that) is that the past few years Ashlands offense has sputtered. They had been ridiculed for not running Quinten enough. Now they Run Quinton more and win a few games but like someone said....they have put all there eggs in one basket. Not much in a passing game. Ashland reminds me of the Bad News Bears. Not that they are bad by no means but Quinten is their version of Kelly Leak. Making crucial plays on offense and defense.

Good points.
Bob Seger Wrote:With all due respect, you have been completely lost on anything and everything that has been mentioned or discussed in this thread, and I can not figure out why you are so confused.

Nobody has said that ASH-land was a minor league team...Nobody!!...I am simply asking the question of using Tomcat Pride's rationale of the way he determines a team's worth, if that so describes his view of his own team..He is the one that said that "without Quentin, we all know we have no offense" That is his statement. Nobody else has made that statement except for him..In fact there has not been one single post with anyone degrading ASH-land.....Again, NOBODY!!...If you had been keeping up with several other threads, you would know that TC-Pride has been notorious in telling other posters to "Shut up" about their teams, and that he was tired of hearing about their "minor league" teams...In particular, Paintsville...Are you following along here?:HitWall:

And for about the 3rd time now, Johnson Central is not even an element of this discussion.

OK?

Sheesh!!

even jeb1 apologizes you should too
Here we go again, it's Darrell, and his other brother Darrell.:eyeroll:
Bob Seger Wrote:Here we go again, it's Darrell, and his other brother Darrell.:eyeroll:

no my name is not darrell and i dont have a brother named darrell
I don't know tomcatpride but he is wrong about a few things. First, Q isn't our only offensive weapon. There needs to be a lot more diversity. The weapons are there just need to be utilized.
Next, I did not see this behavior from Q this past Friday. It was an emotional game but for the most part all the cats maintained their composure. There was a couple players that popped off and was dealt with. Next, you don't get on a message board and talk about a kid like he hung the moon and stars then turn around and bash him after a loss and then in the same post say he is all the offense we have just makes you lose all credibility. If you have a problem with his behavior bring it up to him, bring it up to his coaches, bring up to his dad, his dad would love to hear from you. leave it off of here. I don't see how you can bash one of your own teams players then accuse him of not acting like a tomcat but you bash on a public message board and still have tomcat in you screen name.
tomcat4life Wrote:I don't know tomcatpride but he is wrong about a few things. First, Q isn't our only offensive weapon. There needs to be a lot more diversity. The weapons are there just need to be utilized.
Next, I did not see this behavior from Q this past Friday. It was an emotional game but for the most part all the cats maintained their composure. There was a couple players that popped off and was dealt with. Next, you don't get on a message board and talk about a kid like he hung the moon and stars then turn around and bash him after a loss and then in the same post say he is all the offense we have just makes you lose all credibility. If you have a problem with his behavior bring it up to him, bring it up to his coaches, bring up to his dad, his dad would love to hear from you. leave it off of here. I don't see how you can bash one of your own teams players then accuse him of not acting like a tomcat but you bash on a public message board and still have tomcat in you screen name.
Duly noted.
What I don't understand is why does Ashland have Dowdy starting at QB? Ashland's offense could be so much more explosive ,& dangerous if they had the Freshman QB starting ( don't know his name ) . That kid is a good passer ,& with the tools Ashland has you would think they would utilize them better . Put that kid at QB ,& pass the ball 15 to 25 times a game , still give Q 20 touches or so , let Brown have about 10 touches . I feel Ashland's offense would be more potent ,& not so easy for opposing defenses to figure out how to defend . I honestly feel that Freshman QB ,& doing something similar to what I posted gives Ashland the best chance to win ,& go deeper into the playoffs .
Bob Seger Wrote:Good points.

Not really. Until recently Baker played limited snaps on defense and he isn't Ashland's best defensive player. No matter who he played for he would make most of the critical plays on offense.
Leaping Lee Wrote:Not really. Until recently Baker played limited snaps on defense and he isn't Ashland's best defensive player. No matter who he played for he would make most of the critical plays on offense.

Maybe so, but don't you find it interesting that one of ASH-lands strongest supporters says "without Quentin, we all know we have no offense" ?
Pages: 1 2