Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Highlands
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Where's all the Highlands talk??? Playoffs and chance of winning state like what was predicted when season started
:okay:To be honest, judging by past history why wouldn't Highlands fans be predicting a state championship? That said, you must have been listening to newbie fans. The real ones knew this season was going to be a long haul. Don't worry. They'll be back for you to hate again soon.
Everyone better jump on this thread soon. It could be another 30 years before you have another chance to kick the Blue Birds while there down.
I know what it feels like to be having a rebuilding season or two. So, good luck Birds!
Birdies will be back. They still own Cov Cath.
I'm not saying it's every Bird fan on here. But prior to the season bragging about the strength of their offensive line. Their good running backs. And 2 or 3 real good receivers. And the defense would be adequate. And they could make a run to a state championship. It was said by several
And the same was said in person and on Facebook. These were far from newbe fans. They are long time fans. This could have somewhat been avoided. If coaching would change philosophy about only going one way. Even the championship years. Their defense was in question. They just out scored people. Oh sure against Harrison Co and other cream puffs. You can get away with that. When Birds played a GOOD team. Mueller would just say. If they score 40. We will score 50. What kind of message is that about your defense??? Talent is down this year. No doubt. But play your best kids both ways. This should have been seen during the summer. That's a coaching fault. Fans are talking about it now. And have been after the first 2 games. The big problem. They are not in condition to go both ways an entire game. That's not their fault
Now Coach sugar coats it Saying Grant Co is a good team. LOL. They've lost to Harrison Co, Holy Cross, Dixie, Lloyd and Cov Cath destroyed them. Oh yeah. They're real good
Let it go Bo. It's not healthy. You don't like Weinrich. We get it. I've been disappointed with some of his decisions, yet you don't see me ragging on him on this site. Be the bigger man.
I'm bigger than him on my knees. He's a wanta be. I'll let up. (Some) But just like he said Grant Co a good football team. See the score? Come on!!!
Bottom line. If anyone disagrees about kids going both ways THIS year. You don't know football or you don't want to be a better football team.
I guess after 30 years of winning titles, a bad year lets the critics chirp. Too bad the critics teams were bad those 30 years, and, well still bad.....
LOL. yeah. State Championship bad. And it's been about 50 years.
Smash mouth. We'd beat these boys up. Too physical for them
30 years? Know your football
Funny thread. For every year someone gets to bash Highlands they get 10 to brag about winning a title. Bash them with caution id say cause they will more than have there turn to laugh.
It still wouldn't shock me that bad if they won the whole thing.
My only real beef is not playing kids both ways. In the true movie. "Remember The Titans" What 2nd half adjustment did they make to win the championship??? It's called coaching. That's how they lost to Collins in 2013. Collins made the adjustment. So we're just not talking about a so called down year are we? At the end of the game call it luck or whatever. Collins put themselves in position to win the game by making kids go both ways in the 2nd half. Good coaching and smart
Can you dig it? Wrote::okay:To be honest, judging by past history why wouldn't Highlands fans be predicting a state championship? That said, you must have been listening to newbie fans. The real ones knew this season was going to be a long haul. Don't worry. They'll be back for you to hate again soon.
Maybe they'll be back if they open enrollment up to outside of Fort Thomas again.

I haven't seen them play other than the CovCath game, but they just seem to lack the explosion and the fire that they've always had.

It always used to be that they'd come out with guns blazing and say "good luck trying to keep up," but maybe it was just a combination of Dale's mind and allowing kids in from outside of Fort Thomas.

Also, I think high schools getting grade school programs, which Highlands has had for a long time, is allowing the talent and team-building to catch-up to Highlands.
bo67 Wrote:My only real beef is not playing kids both ways. In the true movie. "Remember The Titans" What 2nd half adjustment did they make to win the championship??? It's called coaching. That's how they lost to Collins in 2013. Collins made the adjustment. So we're just not talking about a so called down year are we? At the end of the game call it luck or whatever. Collins put themselves in position to win the game by making kids go both ways in the 2nd half. Good coaching and smart

Sounds simple, but it's hard to be conditioned enough to have your kids go both ways and still play at a high level, especially with the way Highlands spreads it out and goes up-tempo.

Honestly, though, with over a hundred kids on the roster, if they can't find kids to only play offense or defense, that's on coaching.

Hell, they used to two-platoon on offense.

I think the days of Highlands dominating are over, which it's hilarious because that's all anyone from that area, alumni especially, ever talk about.
Stardust Wrote:I guess after 30 years of winning titles, a bad year lets the critics chirp. Too bad the critics teams were bad those 30 years, and, well still bad.....

I would rather chirp in the present than the past. The past gets you memories and the present gets you reality.
Yeah the next year makes this year memories. Same difference
bo67 Wrote:But the next year makes this year memories. Same difference

In the future I will win the lottery with phelps and Clinton county joining a district and win state. Oh the dreams of last year
Conditioning is conditioning. Seeing how fast, quick, up tempo and seeing how fast you can go 10 yards. I want to know how many times you can go 10 yards. For a whole game. And going both ways. They and other teams have won championships with kids going both ways. That's a fact.
If they are coached up in the future. I have no doubt they'll be back. But you have to be able to make the adjustment in a year like this. They have athletes coming up to possibly go back someday to going one way. But this is now. Not tomorrow You have to play for each year. And take what you have each year. It's not rocket science
Here's just one kid. Zach Harris. Good back. But would have been an outstanding LB. It opens more doors for your good athletes
BFritz Wrote:Maybe they'll be back if they open enrollment up to outside of Fort Thomas again.

I haven't seen them play other than the CovCath game, but they just seem to lack the explosion and the fire that they've always had.

It always used to be that they'd come out with guns blazing and say "good luck trying to keep up," but maybe it was just a combination of Dale's mind and allowing kids in from outside of Fort Thomas.

Also, I think high schools getting grade school programs, which Highlands has had for a long time, is allowing the talent and team-building to catch-up to Highlands.

Sounds simple, but it's hard to be conditioned enough to have your kids go both ways and still play at a high level, especially with the way Highlands spreads it out and goes up-tempo.

Honestly, though, with over a hundred kids on the roster, if they can't find kids to only play offense or defense, that's on coaching.

Hell, they used to two-platoon on offense.

I think the days of Highlands dominating are over, which it's hilarious because that's all anyone from that area, alumni especially, ever talk about.

Your whining gets old real fast. Same old story every year right. Kids outside the District blah blah blah blah. And when was the last time that CovCath won a game against Highlands again? Take it elsewhere my friend. I would worry more about my own program than I would taking shots at one that has owned yours year after year after year; again and again and again.

You criticized Highlands for the only game you saw them play and yet they sent your beloved Colonels to another L. By the way, how many kids are on the CCH roster from Boone County or for that matter any county other than Kenton? But that is okay right because we are CovCath and we do everything by the book.

Keep harping on the transfers and stuff but do not address the fact that they should not have been at CovCath in the first place now should they. Did they pay tuition or was there not a fund established to enhance the school population if you know what I mean.
mantax Wrote:Your whining gets old real fast. Same old story every year right. Kids outside the District blah blah blah blah. And when was the last time that CovCath won a game against Highlands again? Take it elsewhere my friend. I would worry more about my own program than I would taking shots at one that has owned yours year after year after year; again and again and again.

You criticized Highlands for the only game you saw them play and yet they sent your beloved Colonels to another L. By the way, how many kids are on the CCH roster from Boone County or for that matter any county other than Kenton? But that is okay right because we are CovCath and we do everything by the book.

Keep harping on the transfers and stuff but do not address the fact that they should not have been at CovCath in the first place now should they. Did they pay tuition or was there not a fund established to enhance the school population if you know what I mean.

lol.

How many kids come to CCH just for football? 0%, or a very low percentage.

Also, even if they did, a very, very high majority of students are from Boone County.

Like I said, I talked to a dude who graduated in 07, played football, and listed 7 kids from nowhere near Fort Thomas.

Funny how most years Highlands fans just blow it off or talk about how many championships they have, but now that they're not a juggernaut, they suddenly get hostile with their remarks.

Hilarious, but not surprising.
I know of 3 right now NOT from Ft Thomas. There might be more.
bo67 Wrote:I know of 3 right now NOT from Ft Thomas. There might be more.

I'm sure that there's TONS more.
I went there a 100 years ago. Haha. It went on then too. I played with 3 out of towners. Was in the 60s
Pages: 1 2