Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin @ Bell 10-16-15
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
With Casey, Jackson Co. Hard not to make it where they are now. Right?
PRIDE101 Wrote:With Casey, Jackson Co. Hard not to make it where they are now. Right?

cant argue with that.
Just saying Bell better win this one if they want that monkey off their back. They are favored by most.
What monkey would that be? Bell does win.
panther nation Wrote:Would like to see a game like last year but I just don't see it this time around. Playing on log mountain is no easy task. Corbin has the better coach but Bell has the more experienced team. This time of year experience goes a long way.
Bell 28
Corbin 14

The visiting team usually plays better in this rivalry for some reason. Corbin plays well at log mountain and bell plays well at Campbell field. Corbin imho was two tds better than bell last year but bell came in and played their tales off. I'll still take Corbin close.
pjdoug Wrote:just curious.what exactly makes Corbin's coach better? I've seen other people say this.

For the same reason people say mark stoops is a better coach than joker Phillips. There is a noticeable difference in the product on the field. IMHO the biggest difference is that haddix gets kids out to play. Whether it's because he shook things up, runs a more balanced offense, has a good relationship with the kids, or is just a flat out good football coach is irrelevant. He gets kids out to play and they play hard for him. That's why he is a better coach than his predecessor. If you're comparing him to mills I feel that since haddix has been at Corbin, the redhounds have been on the rise. Since mills has been at bell, the Bobcats have been plateaued or declining.
Bell Co 21-20
Hounds by 1
The Mountain is a hard place to play. I will take the Home team in a nail bitter.
Take Bell on this one.
Bell County should win by a couple of tds, they might not though.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:For the same reason people say mark stoops is a better coach than joker Phillips. There is a noticeable difference in the product on the field. IMHO the biggest difference is that haddix gets kids out to play. Whether it's because he shook things up, runs a more balanced offense, has a good relationship with the kids, or is just a flat out good football coach is irrelevant. He gets kids out to play and they play hard for him. That's why he is a better coach than his predecessor. If you're comparing him to mills I feel that since haddix has been at Corbin, the redhounds have been on the rise. Since mills has been at bell, the Bobcats have been plateaued or declining.

its hype.he has done absolutely nothing to show he is better than Mills. The loss in the playoffs to Central last year sure didn't prove anything.
He ahead in the win-loss column on Mills.... That's where it counts my friend....... Yea, some say he choked in the central game... Maybe he did, could have done things different... My recollection of the game was a long pass that popped up in the air, then a central HB runs under it... Took it to the sideline and "they" called a face mask with no time on the clock. Either way. Corbin lost! Haddix can't keep the plays such as this away. Or, the yellow flags in their pockets. I would take him over Mills and Chappell any day.... I'm sure if you polled the state, they would do the same. It's simple PJ.. Haddix knows his Xs and Os, and the hype is real....
I know it's not sayin much but was it HYPE that beat your team in Week Zero..... Answer is, better coaches and a better Team.....
pjdoug Wrote:its hype.he has done absolutely nothing to show he is better than Mills. The loss in the playoffs to Central last year sure didn't prove anything.

1 year at Corbin (11-2 loss to Pulaski 5A state champs and Central) 1 district championship first since being moved to 3a, region runner up and if that didn't help his resume how bout that king of the county game. Haddix is the real deal very well rounded offensively and knows all positions, played line his first 2 years in high school a great coach and well respected by his peers and players.
If Bell gets ready for all the fumbled snaps then they win with running clock. It will happen.
Bell 28 7
GameOn Wrote:If Bell gets ready for all the fumbled snaps then they win with running clock. It will happen.
Bell 28 7

28-7 is not a running clock
64black&gold Wrote:28-7 is not a running clock

he changed his name for that and still messed it up:hilarious:
bcpc Wrote:He ahead in the win-loss column on Mills.... That's where it counts my friend....... Yea, some say he choked in the central game... Maybe he did, could have done things different... My recollection of the game was a long pass that popped up in the air, then a central HB runs under it... Took it to the sideline and "they" called a face mask with no time on the clock. Either way. Corbin lost! Haddix can't keep the plays such as this away. Or, the yellow flags in their pockets. I would take him over Mills and Chappell any day.... I'm sure if you polled the state, they would do the same. It's simple PJ.. Haddix knows his Xs and Os, and the hype is real....

choked is an understatement.it didn't come down to a single pass.it was several passes that Corbin didn't stop.they simply got outcoached and blew a huge lead.hype is all he is and has proved absolutely nothing.polls dont win games.
great coaches dont get huge leads then choke.especially when they have a coordinator that is a defensive guru Confusednicker:
Pjdoug, you sucked as a player and your team sucks....
Your a joke just like Colonel football.
Bobcat4years Wrote:Pjdoug, you sucked as a player and your team sucks....
Your a joke just like Colonel football.

What does your a joke mean?
In haddix's first year he not only beat mills but also did something that to my knowledge mills has never done. Be ahead of central in the fourth quarter. Possibly be ahead of central period.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:In haddix's first year he not only beat mills but also did something that to my knowledge mills has never done. Be ahead of central in the fourth quarter. Possibly be ahead of central period.

Wow really something to be proud ahead 26-0 and lose.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:In haddix's first year he not only beat mills but also did something that to my knowledge mills has never done. Be ahead of central in the fourth quarter. Possibly be ahead of central period.

being ahead means nothing.
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:Wow really something to be proud ahead 26-0 and lose.

blame it on Greer. Haddix is great Confusednicker:
I'm going with Bell, unless the hounds fixed the second half meltdowns Confusednicker:
How many state championships has haddix been a part of?
RicFlair Wrote:How many state championships has haddix been a part of?

as a coach?
Corbin Red Hounds... Best Defense Bell has seen since Boyle County.... 35-14 Go Hounds
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5