Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: WYMT / JBS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I know, another JBS topic, but don't you just love to hate um? I was just wondering, is it just me or does everyone else notice a little bias in WYMT sports towards JBS (espicially Stepp) when they cover their games? It seems like they always mention how many points, rebounds, assists and just about everything thing else when it comes to them and I don't see that with the other teams or players in the mountains. What's up with that?
kccfan Wrote:I know, another JBS topic, but don't you just love to hate um? I was just wondering, is it just me or does everyone else notice a little bias in WYMT sports towards JBS (espicially Stepp) when they cover their games? It seems like they always mention how many points, rebounds, assists and just about everything thing else when it comes to them and I don't see that with the other teams or players in the mountains. What's up with that?
I totally agree with you on this, but it could have something to do with Clark's Dad being the President of ALC and they spend big money with WYMT. Clark is one heck of a player, but take Cox out of that lineup and see how good they are.
Totally agree!
stepp is an overrated player he cant shoot only thing he can do is penetrate to the goal cox is a way better player then stepp thats my opinion
Cookie Crisp Wrote:stepp is an overrated player he cant shoot only thing he can do is penetrate to the goal cox is a way better player then stepp thats my opinion

I agree
Cookie Crisp Wrote:stepp is an overrated player he cant shoot only thing he can do is penetrate to the goal cox is a way better player then stepp thats my opinion

I agree with this...but I think the reason WYMT gives Stepp so much recognition/stat talk is because JBS makes sure WYMT GETS Stepp's stats....it's hard for any station to give stats that they don't know.
everything also thinks stepp is gon go to a big D1 school haha thats a joke the only college he will be playin for is ALC you mark it down

SValley Fan

Im not a Stepp fan but u gotta give him credit he is good but u cant give him all the credit when Hicks is equal to him or even better...Im sure his dad donates alot of money to WYMT tho
Official Legend14th Wrote:I totally agree with you on this, but it could have something to do with Clark's Dad being the President of ALC and they spend big money with WYMT. Clark is one heck of a player, but take Cox out of that lineup and see how good they are.
:Thumbs:
$MoNeY$ Wrote:Im not a Stepp fan but u gotta give him credit he is good but u cant give him all the credit when Hicks is equal to him or even better...Im sure his dad donates alot of money to WYMT tho

I think the Hicks kid has suffered more than anybody with what WYMT has done with the whole Stepp thing. Hicks was rated preseason number one in most all polls, but in the past 4 weeks or so Stepp seems to be getting all the publicity, especially from WYMT. They had Stepp number one in their preseason poll.Not fare to Hicks, I think he's the best shooting guard I've seen in many years. I guess it pays to know people.

SValley Fan

Yea its weird how Stepp is Ranked in the Top 25 in State but Hicks isnt, then u have Stepp as #2 player in the Region and Hicks #1
Its all about the $$$$$ simple as that. As well as who you know and who controls the system.

SValley Fan

Moe Wrote:Its all about the $$$$$ simple as that. As well as who you know and who controls the system.
Thats Sad, Money can get ya to a big college but it wont get u playing time
$MoNeY$ Wrote:Thats Sad, Money can get ya to a big college but it wont get u playing time
No it will not, but yeah that is sad for kids with the real talent who never get a oppertunity.
yea i agree moe
Cookie Crisp Wrote:everything also thinks stepp is gon go to a big D1 school haha thats a joke the only college he will be playin for is ALC you mark it down
:lmao:

SValley Fan

Oh you better believe hes gonna go D1...Hes not good enough to play at like Duke or North Carolina but he does have skills but more importantly his dad has money and connections!
He will be a superstar at ALC. He can't shoot.
i agree jobakka i see u thought what i said above was funny its the truth n ya know it lol everyone thinks that hes gon go big n last yr someone told me duke was lookin at him thats a bunch of bull i played against him last yr and had the duty of guardin him and i just let him shoot he got his 20 points from drivin thats the only thing he can do
Hicks is probably the best player in the 14th and gets little credit.
i agree benchwarmer
$MoNeY$ Wrote:Yea its weird how Stepp is Ranked in the Top 25 in State but Hicks isnt, then u have Stepp as #2 player in the Region and Hicks #1

I believe Hicks was rated as one of the top 25 players by the Courier Journal, but not the Lex Herald.

SValley Fan

kccfan Wrote:I believe Hicks was rated as one of the top 25 players by the Courier Journal, but not the Lex Herald.
He was but Stepp was in front of him in State Rankings but not Region

SValley Fan

I noticed JBS fell all the way to like 7th this week in the Top 10
WYMT/KCC ooppppppppssssss they are not playing in it.
free throw Wrote:WYMT/KCC ooppppppppssssss they are not playing in it.
How many has Knott played in and how many has JBS played in. I forgot JBS ran from everyone for 21 years.

SValley Fan

Ok WYMT didnt show any JBS Highlights last week and also moved them from number 2 or 3 all the way to 7th in the top ten...Could this be because ppl gettin pissed off since all they were showing was JBS and ALC stuff
Well maybe they can improve on thier 1 and 2 tournament record so far this season. Is Pendleton Co in this tournament.
$MoNeY$ Wrote:Ok WYMT didnt show any JBS Highlights last week and also moved them from number 2 or 3 all the way to 7th in the top ten...Could this be because ppl gettin pissed off since all they were showing was JBS and ALC stuff

Or it could be that they got blew out in a game and didnt want to put that on the air.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Or it could be that they got blew out in a game and didnt want to put that on the air.
JBS got beat by Lexington Catholic, which nobody else in the 14th,or 15, can say they have played. Nothing to be ashamed of. You go to their school with your Pikeville team, play them and see how well you do. Then throw off all you want to.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5