Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: North Laurel 50 - Lincoln County 31
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
North Laurel 50 - Lincoln County 31
I have watched hundreds of Kentucky high school football games & that was possibly the worst officiated game I ever witnessed!
Blitzer. Really? I seen one bad call. Maybe we had diff angles
First congrats Jags for a 5-0 start. Second I knew that Lincoln Co would be a gritty tough team, they always are! QB is a freshman and will be a great one before he's done! The running back, #32 is a tough nose player as well. Now to the calls, no doubt in my mind there was some good calls tonight but they were also some the poorest ones I've ever seen as well. When a team of officials start calling kids names daring them to say something back so they can toss them it's pretty sad!! Yes that is right, baiting a kid to say something back by calling them names and then say to them "one more word and your out of here!!" It's funny to me when we were in West Jessamine and in Mason Co that we don't have these calls and as soon as get back home here we go. This area must have the worst officials around the state. Now I've said my peace and I'm done. Go JAGS!!
Best win of the year north Laurel. :Cheerlead
All wins are good, but giving up 31 points to Lincoln raises a few eyebrows.
North is the clear favorite in their district.
Jags are making a statment for district title.
E's Army Wrote:North is the clear favorite in their district.

With the district consisting of North Laurel, Whitley Co, Harlan Co, Letcher Central and Perry Co Central, id say they are the clear cut favorite. It is looking like Montgomery Co will give North Laurel a true test in the final game of the regular season. After seeing Southwestern a couple of times I'm not sold on them being a favorite over North Laurel in the second round of playoffs anymore. I do think North will have to be able to throw the ball to beat Southwestern. Pulaski Co however can name the score over either.
ky playmaker Wrote:Blitzer. Really? I seen one bad call. Maybe we had diff angles

I wanted to talk to my Buddy from Lincoln County that was at the game last night before I made more of an issue of this. First words out of his mouth: 'what did those Refs have against North Laurel'? So yes, it was obvious to a lot of us even the other team at times. North gets a much better called game playing away. If I was Larkey that would be that crews last performance at my teams expense!
I guess you can talk to a hundred diff people and get diff views on any thing. I talked to two north fans this morning at my car lot and both said they only seen one call that was missed. the horse collar on norths sideline. both dads kids play basketball not football. Now the football parents I was sitting by on north side had your view. not happy. either way north better clean that up or they will not beat a good team.
North plays with a ton of energy and I love it. Hard to teach that. I love watching them play. Jmo on the flags
ky playmaker Wrote:North plays with a ton of energy and I love it. Hard to teach that. I love watching them play. Jmo on the flags

You are right, NL high energy, play with a lot of emotion, we love that about them too! If the Refs had just called it both ways which they didn't until the last of the game they started throwing some flags against Lincoln, that they should have been throwing the whole game. That baiting NL's kids by adult Refs shouldn't be tolerated, pointed our by TouchdownJaguar!
You know norths principle black is this regions head official over football in this region dont you.
ky playmaker Wrote:You know norths principle black is this regions head official over football in this region dont you.

No, I wasn't aware of that - good hopefully he was there taking it all in!
Blitzer Wrote:No, I wasn't aware of that - good hopefully he was there taking it all in!

Im sure he was there, He assigned the crew to that game. Seems as though the officiating has taken a big step backwards this season, not sure why. The crews look a lot different from last year in the few games I've seen. I know the assigning secretary changed hands but wouldn't think it would've split the crews up so much.
Diff views I guess but I personally think if the ref warned the kid by saying one more word and your tossed is pretty fair. Some would just toss you. I am still not sure why 2 kids wasnt ejected for recieving their 2nd unsportsman like penalty. I think I am correct 2 and your gone. Anybody know for sure?
2 unsportsmanlike penalties should be automatic ejection. Maybe one was changed to personal foul.
Unsportsmanlike like & personal foul is different. One call was unnecessary roughness - which is a personal foul.
Maybe so . say one player had 3 15 yard penaties called on him 2 was late hits and one was leading with the helmet. Would this player suppose to be tossed?
Blitzer Wrote:Unsportsmanlike like & personal foul is different. One call was unnecessary roughness - which is a personal foul.

Well after all it's a football game not a dance recital. I always expect some of these type calls in a football game!
ky playmaker Wrote:Maybe so . say one player had 3 15 yard penaties called on him 2 was late hits and one was leading with the helmet. Would this player suppose to be tossed?

Those were not unsportsmanlike conduct calls!

Unsportsmanlike conduct means: (also called unsporting behavior or ungentlemanly conduct) is a foul or offense in many sports that violates the sport's generally accepted rules of sportsmanship and participant conduct.

Where we were sitting we thought they should have called the late hit when they hit Nelson after he was well in the end zone - and forgot about - they sure didn't call that blatant foul!

That was not a well called game, granted, North Laurel plays with so much intensity and emotion they are going to get calls like that best they can do, some legit some not so much!

Just shake it off Jags & keep on doing what you have been doing best would be my advice to this team!!
the hit on nelson I agree should been called too.
I did forget about that one. I think the severity was not as bad is why it probably wasnt called but def late and should been called too.
Tight End Wrote:Those were not unsportsmanlike conduct calls!

Unsportsmanlike conduct means: (also called unsporting behavior or ungentlemanly conduct) is a foul or offense in many sports that violates the sport's generally accepted rules of sportsmanship and participant conduct.

Where we were sitting we thought they should have called the late hit when they hit Nelson after he was well in the end zone - and forgot about - they sure didn't call that blatant foul!

That was not a well called game, granted, North Laurel plays with so much intensity and emotion they are going to get calls like that best they can do, some legit some not so much!

Just shake it off Jags & keep on doing what you have been doing best would be my advice to this team!!

I agree with a lot you say. My only other comment is that you know if you were at every game, North doesn' t get beat up with flags being thrown like last night @ away games. Last night & the South game have been the worst officiated so far in my opinion.
I love watching north play and I think they can be very good Do you all realize that the teams north has played are 3-21 and south had one of this 3 wins. North needs tested. I think a lot of what I seen last nite is from they know they are better than who they playing. Seen it happen a lot. I ain't knocking north in any way. If south can't win I hope north does Just trying to be real Larkey will get them where they need to be. They gonna have to pass the ball too.
I'm afraid north district may not win a game come playoff time
I really hope that the schedule North has played doesn't bite them come playoff time. Maybe the Montgomery County game will be exactly what they need. We will see as the season progresses.
ky playmaker Wrote:I love watching north play and I think they can be very good Do you all realize that the teams north has played are 3-21 and south had one of this 3 wins. North needs tested. I think a lot of what I seen last nite is from they know they are better than who they playing. Seen it happen a lot. I ain't knocking north in any way. If south can't win I hope north does Just trying to be real Larkey will get them where they need to be. They gonna have to pass the ball too.

Everyone that I have talked to wish they had left North Laurel, in the district they were in last year vs putting them in the one they are in now. As it worked out when the team in their class went down to 4-a, it made it uneven again, should have left well enough alone. The 'powers that be' always seem to think they have a better plan! :lame:
Bobcat4years Wrote:I'm afraid north district may not win a game come playoff time

I disagree with you on this! :hilarious:
Pages: 1 2 3