Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 34 Pikeville 8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Field position, Special Teams, and a death by a thousand cuts.

Pirates outscore Panthers 34-0 after the Panthers open the game with a pretty TD drive. Pirates stonewall Pugh and Woolum has a big night kicking.

Pikeville's a good team but Belfry just simply had too much in Field Position
Final
TongueirateSho:thatsfunn
Big boy game....big boy result. Here kitty kitty kitty........Smile

Let the excuses and expletives fly!!
Congratulations Belfry and Philip Haywood!
Pikeville 14 yards in 2nd Half until the Final Drive

STATS
Pugh 19 carries, 74 yards, TD (Only had around 58 yards until the last drive against the subs)
Vanderbeck, 5 rec, 53 yds

Corbett 10 carries, 42 yards
Wellman 8 carries, 61 yards
Fletcher 10 carries, 54 yards
Belfry with 4 INT's..Adkins with two of them
Excuses in 3,2,1.........
Belfry made adjustments after the First Drive and the running game simply wasn't there for Pikeville against this excellent Pirate Front 7. Outside of Pugh's 19 yard TD run and the yards on the last drive he was averaging less than 2 yards per carry for the game. Belfry's LB'ers playerd a very good game.

Pikeville was unable to get Chatlin Jarrell involved and Belfry's FB dive was there for the majority of the game and coupled with unbelievable field position it was simply too big of an uphill climb for the Maroon Platoon.
Crow being served now...:Hungry:
Congrats to Belfry.
Looks like things are back to normal in Pike County. Belfry dominated every aspect of the game, this Belfry team is scary good. Belfry has athletes all over the field and on the sidelines that's very scary for such a young team. Looks like Belfry and Johnson Central are light years ahead of everyone else in eastern Kentucky.
What I didn't like about Belfry was how sloppy the 4th Quarter was.

Woolum managed a couple Field Goals..but the last three Pirate possessions were trainwrecks with penalties, missed blocking assignments, fumbles, and all out bad play.

Part of that was attributed to mixing in subs... but it goes to show how wuickly Belfry can go from Dr. Jekyll to Mr. Hyde when they lose focus.

Another tough one next week against a Knoxvilel Catholic team who plays at a very high level.. lots to work on.

For Pikeville, this game doesn't do anything to hurt their chances in the East. I think the Battaile (sp?) kid gives them an added passing dimension they need. They will not see a team in 1A within 200 pounds of this Belfry line or as deep or sound in the kicking game.

The big thing for Pikeville is also cleaning up their play, but also you have to find a way to get the ball in Jarrell's hands more. Pugh is a horse, but they also have to find some help in the running game to keep Defenses guessing. Would love to see the jet sweep with Jarrell for them.
Really can't say enough about the kicking game in football. Belfry showcased that tonight as it "bottled up" Pikeville around the twenty all night long. Silly mistakes like a motion penalty backed them even more into a hole. Add that to the fact Pikeville just didn't wrap up and stop Belfry's offense. Congrats to Belfry. Panthers, work toward the goal you were trained, and practiced for.. Hold your heads up!
Right on the money. Field position was huge in this game.

Belfry is very good. Pikeville is good, just couldn't get it going either way tonight. No huge plays, but no big stops. Had some success offensively, just couldn't sustain it. Penalties and field position eliminated any chance of staying within a score or so.

Congrats to the Pirates. Panthers just have to work to try to get better and be ready come Week 11. This will be a great game from which to learn.
Can't say any more than has already been said. Congrats to the Pirates. No expletives nor excuses.
Belfry had way more penalty yards than Pikeville if I was a betting man. Costly yards too. Pikevilles first drive was it, after that Belfry controlled every aspect of the game, could have put 2 more scores on them IMO. I like how they came in all pumped up like last year, they get pumped before a game I'll give them that.
Crossbones Wrote:Belfry had way more penalty yards than Pikeville if I was a betting man. Costly yards too. Pikevilles first drive was it, after that Belfry controlled every aspect of the game, could have put 2 more scores on them IMO. I like how they came in all pumped up like last year, they get pumped before a game I'll give them that.

Probably correct. Belfry really started adding them up late especially and took a TD off the board.

Pikeville's though were the frustrating kind. Lots of 5 yarders that kept them behind the sticks and a couple ineligible men down field that took away completions.

Both teams have a ton to clean up.
Congrats Belfry!!

Good game to learn from for the Panthers.

Good luck to both next week.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Probably correct. Belfry really started adding them up late especially and took a TD off the board.

Pikeville's though were the frustrating kind. Lots of 5 yarders that kept them behind the sticks and a couple ineligible men down field that took away completions.

Both teams have a ton to clean up.
First ineligible man downfield was absolutely the right call. Second one was BS. Other than that, no real complaints on the calls
I was confused on the marking of chains when Belfry had unsportsmanlike penalty and Pikeville had the horse collar penalty. Belfry was backed up losing over 15 yards. That one lost me.
Belfry is what I thought, Pikeville isn't as good as I thought. Congtats Belfry. Except for the usual turds who you can count on to come on here and talk stupid crap. The good news for Pikeville is Beechwood got exposed tonight as not being near as good as advertised. Class A is wide open in the east to win a state championship. More good news is Pikeville should easily handle Hazard and Williamsburg and get to the semis. Bad news is they better improve a lot to beat Raceland or Paintsville and Beechwood....
Crossbones Wrote:I was confused on the marking of chains when Belfry had unsportsmanlike penalty and Pikeville had the horse collar penalty. Belfry was backed up losing over 15 yards. That one lost me.
It looked to me that they marked off the 15 yards on Belfry from the spot, and then went forward 15 for the horsecollar. Basically leaving the ball where the Belfry penalty was committed. Could be wrong.
No Excuses....Belfry is just THAT good. Heads Up Panthers. Keep your eyes on the prize!
Panther Thunder Wrote:It looked to me that they marked off the 15 yards on Belfry from the spot, and then went forward 15 for the horsecollar. Basically leaving the ball where the Belfry penalty was committed. Could be wrong.

I still couldn't see that. The unsportsmanlike was around the 38 and the horse collar was at about the 27 or so. After the spot the ball sat on or around the 50. Never in my years have I seen that. I will say this, Pikevilles QB was a gamer. Enjoyed watching him. And Pugh was a non factor, go figure.
jetpilot Wrote:Belfry is what I thought, Pikeville isn't as good as I thought. Congtats Belfry. Except for the usual turds who you can count on to come on here and talk stupid crap. The good news for Pikeville is Beechwood got exposed tonight as not being near as good as advertised. Class A is wide open in the east to win a state championship. More good news is Pikeville should easily handle Hazard and Williamsburg and get to the semis. Bad news is they better improve a lot to beat Raceland or Paintsville and Beechwood....

:bike::bike::bike::bike::bike::bike::bike::bike: Long ride home. Keep telling yourself that Williamsburg and Hazard want be a problem. :biglmao:
64SUR Wrote::bike::bike::bike::bike::bike::bike::bike::bike: Long ride home. Keep telling yourself that Williamsburg and Hazard want be a problem. :biglmao:

He just had to say it once. It's true. Confusednicker:
64SUR Wrote::bike::bike::bike::bike::bike::bike::bike::bike: Long ride home. Keep telling yourself that Williamsburg and Hazard want be a problem. :biglmao:

If their a problem for Pikeville come that time, might as well just call the season off. Wburg & Hazard isn't near what they have been.

Shouldn't have even brought Williamsburg up. They haven't won a game and have been outscored by over 100 points. And you already dumped them for your newest favorite teams. And Hazard beat P'burg and Letcher Central by a combined 5 points in nail-biters while Pikeville beat them by 74 with running clocks....yes I know anything can happen but I will stick with the team I have loved for 30 years while you root for 5 different teams every year...:hilarious:
Gator95 Wrote:If their a problem for Pikeville come that time, might as well just call the season off. Wburg & Hazard isn't near what they have been.

1A is wide-open in the east this year. :poker face:
Congrats to Belfry! I thought this game was going to be a little closer.
Pages: 1 2 3 4