Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 34 Pikeville 8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
64SUR Wrote:1A is wide-open in the east this year. :poker face:

Tonight as a turning point for 64... watching Corbin lose the second in a row with a third coming next week.... and watching Belfry beat Pikeville... I think he is leaping from the Corbin bandwagon and back to WBurg
0ff The Chain Wrote:Congrats to Belfry! I thought this game was going to be a little closer.

As did I. Belfry and Boyle Co. if it happens will be one of the most epic games in Ky HS football history.
jetpilot Wrote:Belfry is what I thought, Pikeville isn't as good as I thought. Congtats Belfry. Except for the usual turds who you can count on to come on here and talk stupid crap. The good news for Pikeville is Beechwood got exposed tonight as not being near as good as advertised. Class A is wide open in the east to win a state championship. More good news is Pikeville should easily handle Hazard and Williamsburg and get to the semis. Bad news is they better improve a lot to beat Raceland or Paintsville and Beechwood....

I'm not counting Hazard out yet.. Pikeville will be the favorite in there game in two weeks but this teams actually can stop the run. It's the Pass that is giving them trouble. The team I watched against Fairview is not the team I watched tonight. Hazard should get Senior Cade Fletcher for that game..
bac2369 Wrote:I'm not counting Hazard out yet.. Pikeville will be the favorite in there game in two weeks but this teams actually can stop the run. It's the Pass that is giving them trouble. The team I watched against Fairview is not the team I watched tonight. Hazard should get Senior Cade Fletcher for that game..

But the team you watched tonight is the team that barely won two games against teams Pikeville put a running clock on early...

Hazard is always dangerous, especially at home, but I don't see it...

And yes I am known to be wrong from time to time...:why:
Thought this game would be closer but congrats Belfry.
jetpilot Wrote:But the team you watched tonight is the team that barely won two games against teams Pikeville put a running clock on early...

Hazard is always dangerous, especially at home, but I don't see it...

And yes I am known to be wrong from time to time...:why:

I will also contest that Prestonsburg is much better now and Letcher lost some QBs in the Pikeville game.. But Pugh will be another tough Runningback Hazard has faced if not the best.
Belfry is tough as we knew coming in.. If Pikeville wants to get a state championship this year in my opinion they need to do exactly what they the 1st drive . Get a good passing game going to soften up the middle for Pugh . They're a one trick pony right now. A defenses are keying on yet . Quarterback made some good throws but I noticed on some bad ones that he's not looking at options 2,3, and so on .., he knows what route he wants to throw to and if that wasn't open he forced it or tucked it and ran..but he's young and playing at cam...so hopefully that will line itself out. Also heard a lot of frustration about Jarrell not really getting any looks on offense, he runs around 4.4 IDE say and they got to their weapons involved that's how they beat belfry last year! As for player of the game for Pikeville I would have gave this one to AJ Vanderbeck. The kid played hard on both sides of ball and I think clearly was the best player for Pikeville last night . glad to see him get some more touches. They get Jarrell going, Vanderbeck, charles, and so on. Big Pugh is going to have some impressive stats when they soften up the middle.
Good job Belfry. Sounded on the radio like Pikeville battled their butts off, taking and delivering some big shots.

I was surprised to hear Battalie at quarterback as I wasn't aware their had been a change.
PaytoPlay Wrote:Good job Belfry. Sounded on the radio like Pikeville battled their butts off, taking and delivering some big shots.

I was surprised to hear Battalie at quarterback as I wasn't aware their had been a change.

He played there last week when Pikeville sat a handful of starters to rest and heal. Apparently though he simply won the job.

I think he definitely brings a better passing ability, but not sure he brings the same running threat as Dials.
Belfry has to come back to reality in a hurry

Next 3 Weeks:
Knoxville Catholic
Cabell Midland
Lawrence County

Two of the toughest teams on your schedule and a District Championship game in 3 straight weeks.
Hazard is climbing back into the 1A picture. Raceland has got somethings to work on. Paintsville and Pikeville appear to be the favorites in the East.
Isn't a state championship contending 3a school supposed to thump a 1a?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Tonight as a turning point for 64... watching Corbin lose the second in a row with a third coming next week.... and watching Belfry beat Pikeville... I think he is leaping from the Corbin bandwagon and back to WBurg

win some lose some.. I am like the movies wagon train 1A Williamsburg 2A Leslie County 3A Corbin 4A Knox Central 5A north Laurel 6A Ryle...Six wagons trying to go west. Confusednicker:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Tonight as a turning point for 64... watching Corbin lose the second in a row with a third coming next week.... and watching Belfry beat Pikeville... I think he is leaping from the Corbin bandwagon and back to WBurg

Not sure the 3rd will come next week. I would have had Mayfield as the favorite, but with Trajon Bright's injury im not sure now. Mayfield has a good team without him, but he showed against McCracken his value when he almost single handily kept them in the game. He will be missed.
#P3 Wrote:Isn't a state championship contending 3a school supposed to thump a 1a?

I think a top 3a school should beat a top 1a school pretty bad, but from what im gathering from these comments Pikeville wasn't even in the same ballpark.
Belfry is really tough guys. The scary thing is, they have almost everyone back next year.
killbilly usmc Wrote:I think a top 3a school should beat a top 1a school pretty bad, but from what im gathering from these comments Pikeville wasn't even in the same ballpark.

Pikeville drove the ball down the field on the first drive like driving against a middle school team!! Belfry didn't adjust pikeville started trying to run the ball after Pugh walked in untouched . The pirates d, was lights out on the run . But they better get to working on there pass d, if they want another ring!!! There good ! Don't get me wrong !! But I saw a team that had way less talent and speed, move the ball way to easy against the giant of the mountains on that first drive. If the panthers ever get there quarterback situation lined out ,so he's looking all over the field ,instead of knowing where there throwing when they leave from the huddle they will be ok in 1a. I watched a team go from a one trick pony to a team with two pony's on the first drive! If they ever get the whole stable involved ,look out!!!! One Clydesdale can't pull the beer wagon!!!!
64SUR Wrote:1A is wide-open in the east this year. :poker face:

I agree, for Pikeville, paintsville, Raceland & maybe I could see Russell but not Burg or Hazard
jetpilot Wrote:Shouldn't have even brought Williamsburg up. They haven't won a game and have been outscored by over 100 points. And you already dumped them for your newest favorite teams. And Hazard beat P'burg and Letcher Central by a combined 5 points in nail-biters while Pikeville beat them by 74 with running clocks....yes I know anything can happen but I will stick with the team I have loved for 30 years while you root for 5 different teams every year...:hilarious:

I like posting on more than one thread I guessed Jetpilotcycle :bike::bike: :welcome: to the free world. Confusednicker:
#P3 Wrote:Isn't a state championship contending 3a school supposed to thump a 1a?

Yes, and that's what they done. What's your point!
hunter 44 Wrote:Don't get me wrong !! But I saw a team that had way less talent and speed, move the ball way to easy against the giant of the mountains on that first drive.

Here's the thing though, just like last week when Belfry decides to play aggressive on Defense instead is sitting back in a soft cover two it is night and day.

Pikeville gained 75 yards that first drive and struggled to gain 75 yards the last three quarters just like NewCath couldn't move the ball in the second Half last week.

When Belfry is playing super soft and conservative they are very prone to being picked a part with the short and medium passing game. When Belfry is dialing up pressure and playing man they are significantly better.

The run defense can get it done no matter what.
Crossbones Wrote:Yes, and that's what they done. What's your point!

That's what you done? You done a good job.
Westside Wrote:That's what you done? You done a good job.

Oh look we have a grammar Nazi. Thank you for contributing so much to the conversation. I'm not sure this thread could have survived without your input.

Great job Pirates, now let's get to work and focus on the next game.
Belfry controlled it all from what I gather. Top team in the mountains IMO. Pikeville I feel can pull out the 1A State with improvements and a whole team effort. The loses are very rewarding for the Panthers in the form of an eye opener. Sometimes its nice to see your weak spots and be exposed. Hazard I would agree is facing a running clock vs. the Panthers. Yes there always good, especially at home but there are too many holes in the defense and the offense just isn't as skilled/explosive as it usually is. Belfry continues to roll and the Panthers roll into the state championship 1A using these very beneficial humbling games...
IronMan86 Wrote:Oh look we have a grammar Nazi. Thank you for contributing so much to the conversation. I'm not sure this thread could have survived without your input.

I'm glad I could help.
IronMan86;1916934[B Wrote:]Oh look we have a grammar Nazi[/B]. Thank you for contributing so much to the conversation. I'm not sure this thread could have survived without your input.

For the record, you could have divided the above highlighted portion of your post into two separate sentences.

Way to stay on top of everyone's grammer. You get a gold star
Congrats Belfry! The Pikeville score surprises me but the outcome don't. Some Belfry poster said that the NCC defense is on another level then Pikeville's defense, do you still feel the same about that? The results of this game ain't that much different then the NCC game.
:Thumbs:

Thanks for the grammar lesson. Maybe you should ask for a moderator job. :eyeroll: I thought this was a football forum and not a classroom. I know, I'll ask QQ to start a spelling bee forum and you can be over that. On this forum we will talk about football and you can stay in your forum and give lessons.:lame:
And for the record. The definition of "done".Full Definition
1 :arrived at or brought to an end
2 :doomed to failure, defeat, or death
So, when I'm done bending over you can kiss my ass. See, I even used it in a sentence.
Pages: 1 2 3 4