Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland 12 Greenup Co. 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final
Wow. We gut extremely LUCKY tonight from an offensive standpoint. 4 TDs left off the board bc we couldnt convert in the endzone. Another one left off the board due to an interception. Thats a total of 30 pts off the board. If we score instead of flopping in that regaurd, this game is a blow out. BUT had our defense not played LIGHTS OUT, against the run and pretty darn good against the pass (outside of their TD pass for 57 yards), then GC could have capitolized on those chances.

According to the radio guys, Greenup finished with -5 yards rushing and 78 yards passing. Thats a total of 73 yards. I didnt catch what our numbers were, but frankly it doesnt matter. Our boys upfront played lights out and other than a 57 yard td pass (w/o it Greenup has 22 yards passing), our secondary played well to.

Moving foward, if our offense can punch the darn thing in the endzone, we will be really freaking hard to beat. Nathaniel looked lost tonight. Idk if it was something GC did or what, but he did. Kid plays hard as hell though and I know he will learn and grow from it. Tonight he looked like a 1st year QB, he really hadnt until tonight. Our defense was great. Idc about giving up one big play when you limit an opponent to under 100 yds of total offense and in the negative in the run game.

Greenup looks better. Their running game isnt as tough as it was last year, but their passing game is MUCH better. If Greenuo gets things clicking, they will win some more ball games.

We looked much better from an intensity stand point tonight. Offense still going through some issues that need straightened out. Next week will be a VERY tough ball game against Lucasville Valley, I just hope we came out of this healthy, lord knows we will need all hands on deck next week.
Greenup played hard till the end. Coach Mullins has not only the players but the fans believing GC can win ball games. This guys was by far the best hire they coukd have made. Love his fire and desire. Greenup is in good hands and will only continue to get better.
My debt is paid. I'll suffer through that God awful thing for a week.

Congratulations to the Ams.

Greenup will eventually get somebody. They ain't bad.
Play calling has to get better it's that simple Raceland is way I mean way to predictable ,
Gotta give the ram d-line a star for tonight's game completely shut our run down. We just couldn't get any offence going tonight. Our D played good as always gotta get that offence going again for next week! Congrats on the win Raceland.
I don't understand the play calling, it's very baffling at times.
Congrats to the Rams
Rams are a shaddow of a team from last year.
All I can take away from this game is a bad Raceland team can beat a "good" Greenup team.
Raceland is just not good! From blocking to reading a block to executing a play.And play calling is the worst I've ever seen in my life.Thank god we can play D.Where do the wins come from after tonight?Its about to get tough in Ram land I'm afraid.
I have never seen such predictable play calling. Still believe we have kids on the sidelines that could keep guys from going both ways. Coaches need to wise up and figure something out.
Raceland, I hereby dub thee Paintsville's bitch.
jetpilot Wrote:Raceland, I hereby dub you Paintsville's bitch.

JP we haven't beat Raceland in 20 years but maybe just maybe Paintsvie is getting closer
TigerBlues Wrote:JP we haven't beat Raceland in 20 years but maybe just maybe Paintsvie is getting closer

By my calculations Paintsville is going to have to beat Raceland twice at home or once at Raceland to get to the semifinals. Although it looks like Paris might actually have something to say about it...
The east is going to be an absolute dog fight come November. Very proud of our defense tonight. We damn near handed Greenup a "w" on a silver platter. 2 turnovers in the redzone and 3 or 4 drives that stalled out due to penalties or auestionable play calling that all of which should have been TDs. I swear we are like the HS football Steelers. Move like gsng busters between the 20s...then cant figure out how to punch the ball in.

I keep saying it, but Kyle Jameson is very under utilized. A 5-10 dig or pop pass to him was open all night. Why is that not used in the redzone?
Closer than I expected.
Greenup defense done well all year if only their offense could catch up they may be unbeaten to this point
After 4 games things are starting to show theirselves .
1 Raceland fans are very passionate and very very spoiled
2 .Raceland has a damn good defense
3. I was wrong Raceland misses Connor , maverick a lot on offense
4. Play calling is terrible you have to give your kids a chance , last night greenup put 8 men in the box and was crashing their tackles and ends but Raceland kept running up the middle of run a play to the left next play run it to the right , when greenup put extra db's in what did Raceland do try snd throw
5 . They are 3-1 people freaking relax they beat a pretty dang good west team who will be 8-2 or 9-1 this year , Ashland is a lot better than me and everyone else thought and greenup is good team . Stop crying about this and that and enjoy this team especially the seniors
5.Raceland is a damn good team ,
I think alot of the offense stuff is just conservative play calling. I think we run ISO WAY to much. Delay ISO has been successful at times but we gotta start busting off tackle again. Thats where our bread and butter was in the run game last year.
We do not have the backs to run a spread offense.If we would get under center this team would be a lot better.Imagen if Snyder was getting the hand off at the line of scrimmage running down hill instead of standing flat footed 5 yards in the back field.And why when we do decide to throw the ball down field it has to be thrown 20 yards down field?Whats wrong with a nice 7 yard route?Who the hell runs a fake punt pass on 4th and one??????
Yes special teams is still a area that needs work . Terrible call on 4th and less than one and worse execution started with a bad snap , then fumble on punt return and a 1 yard punt Raceland really misses Connor on special teams
RAMDAD50 Wrote:We do not have the backs to run a spread offense.If we would get under center this team would be a lot better.Imagen if Snyder was getting the hand off at the line of scrimmage running down hill instead of standing flat footed 5 yards in the back field.And why when we do decide to throw the ball down field it has to be thrown 20 yards down field?Whats wrong with a nice 7 yard route?Who the hell runs a fake punt pass on 4th and one??????

Williamsburg has been know to fake punt,pass on 4th and inches....Raceland fans a win is a win. Congratulations on a pretty good win against Greenup County. Raceland is 3-1 :popcorn:
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Yes special teams is still a area that needs work . Terrible call on 4th and less than one and worse execution started with a bad snap , then fumble on punt return and a 1 yard punt Raceland really misses Connor on special teams

It's easy to critique the call when it fails, but if executed properly and it works, it's a hell of a call coach.
Wasn't like Greenup was gaining 10 yards on every play nor we were in their red zone. Other than their TD possession, it was usually 3 downs and punt.
BOOGIE WOOGIE MAN Wrote:It's easy to critique the call when it fails, but if executed properly and it works, it's a hell of a call coach.
Wasn't like Greenup was gaining 10 yards on every play nor we were in their red zone. Other than their TD possession, it was usually 3 downs and punt.
I agree the defense played lights out and I said it was poorly executed it started with a bad snap but imo 4th and less than a yard why try and fake a punt greenup is looking for it line up your offense put qb under carter snd use that big line and get the yard . If you only need 1 yard why snap the ball 15 yards back just my opinion . If it had worked I still wouldn't think it's the correct call but I'm not the coach just a fan
So is Raceland not using there running backs like they should.
Paintsville and Pikeville are significantly better than Raceland this year IMO.

Who is the game changer for the Rams?
PaytoPlay Wrote:Paintsville and Pikeville are significantly better than Raceland this year IMO.

Who is the game changer for the Rams?

I havent seen anything out of them that makes them significantly better. Raceland still seems to be searching for an identity offensively. We dont take any shots down field until its 3rd and long. I was lost last night as to why on 3rd and 6+ why ISO is the play call. Way too conservative imo. The biggest problem I see though, is the fact that we will come out and run, run, run, run, run. Or we will come out and pass, pass, pass, pass, pass. Even when one or the other isnt really working. We need to mix things up better, imo. We still have a long ways to get where we want. Our defense will keep us in games though.
And in some cases ie: last night win them.
3-1 and we are all griping. Gotta love Ram Football!!
[QUrOTE=PaytoPlay;1913623]Paintsville and Pikeville are significantly better than Raceland this year IMO.

Who is the game changer for the Rams?[/QUOTE]

Right now, one word DEFENSE. Kyle Jamison has made a big play at the beginning of 3rd qtr in last 2 games. He recovered a fumble on first play from scrimmage against East Carter and ran it in for 6 and the Rams exploded after that. Then a pick 6 against GC with 10:32 left in 3rd qtr which ended up being the game winning score. The defense was lights out after that.
Pages: 1 2