Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Montgomery Co 28 Lawrence Co 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Congratulation to the Indians. Time to regroup for the Dawgs
Get ready for some coach bashing.
This was not a bad loss for Lawrence County. This same Montgomery defense held Collins to 7 points last week. We also wont see another QB quite this accurate the rest of the season, the kid had over 2000 yards last season and he has a cannon for an arm. I said in the thread leading up to this game that people were selling Montgomery short and that they had some good skill people and a very good defense. I don't think we will see another defense close to this until Belfry in October. This is a middle of the pack 5A team and they will get better but a very good test for the Bulldogs this early in the season and a huge upgrade over Rowan County who we played last season in this week. We had very good success running the ball against a very good defense tonight and some success passing also. If this Montgomery team can find a little more offense they could make a little noise in 5A this season because they have the defense now. I believe this game will pay off big for the Dawg's on down the road this season.
Dawg Family Wrote:Congratulation to the Indians. Time to regroup for the Dawgs
Get ready for some coach bashing.

As for the coach bashing..........we still have a ton of work to do on defense and found a few things to work on in the offense!
:biggrin:
Can't Score can't win.
As for Belfry, I'm watching the game and they are Belfry putting it on Tates Creek who has no Running Game. If they were a more Balanced Team Tates Creek would be Dangerous and give Belfry all they want. If you're going to have any success against Belfry throw run run throw.
If they start playing better and what I heard is true. LC and JC will be the only team Easternly that will give Belfry trouble. 2 Dalton's spread you out along with Richardson, and Chaffins. Then have Mosely at the Back and A QB like Kiser. If this team underachieves I would fire the whole Coaching Staff. Nothing against them personally I know and Love them all and will and willing to tell them Man to Man. If you don't do it with a bunch like that. You will never and need to be an assistant and stay there for awhile and lot longer. Just My Opinion. But Who Am I? I'm not afraid to say who I am. And alot already know who I am. And will, have, and continue to say and tell it like it is. What Year of Service did you Serve? So Shut UP!!
Even with a kid like Black who is often forgotten but an Athlete and could catch or run the ball.......
Congrats to Montgomery County
I agree with Dawg Family. It's time to get back to work.
Very glad LC dropped one of the easier teams and picked up Montgomery. Any loss sucks but I think a tough team like this early will benefit us a lot more than rolling off 4 or 5 wins against lesser teams. Reading through predictions before this game I under estimated Montgomery but I have never seen them before. Good,quality team. Time to get back to work Dawgs and get ready for Fairview!
anyone with any stats, or how the game trend was. I didn't get to watch the game. congrats to mc.
This was a very good game for the dawgs. It was tied 14-14 and lc took the 2nd 1/2 kickoff and drove to the mc 10 yard line and fumbled. even with that the lc defense had them stopped on 3rd down but had personal foul of helmet to helmet going after a fumble that mc recovered. but instead of being 4th and long it was 1st and 10 for mc near midfield. next play is a pinpoint pass that was well defended, for a change, to about the 10 yard ine. they scored but the dawgs made them earn every inch. so instead of lc being up by 7 they were down by 7 because of a turnover and a penalty. lc ol and dl did very good. i think the stats will show mc did not have a lot of yards rushing but 4 big pass plays. of these 4 2 were poorly defended, 1 was well defended and the other 2 mc players collided with each other going for the pass and somehow 1 of them caught the ball falling to the ground. then with about 3 minutes left mc up 28-14 kiser hit dalton over the middle and it is 1st goal from the 9. penalty. called back. next play a sack. so all in lc has nothing to hang their heads about. they should be rushing monday to be first to go over film. they have a shot this year. they have players. if thet correct their mistakes they are going to be a tough out for anybody including belfry.
thank you for the rundown. the dawgs will only get better!
This was a very good defensive team we played tonight. We were still very successful with running and passing.
Do-double-gg Wrote:This was not a bad loss for Lawrence County. This same Montgomery defense held Collins to 7 points last week. We also wont see another QB quite this accurate the rest of the season, the kid had over 2000 yards last season and he has a cannon for an arm. I said in the thread leading up to this game that people were selling Montgomery short and that they had some good skill people and a very good defense. I don't think we will see another defense close to this until Belfry in October. This is a middle of the pack 5A team and they will get better but a very good test for the Bulldogs this early in the season and a huge upgrade over Rowan County who we played last season in this week. We had very good success running the ball against a very good defense tonight and some success passing also. If this Montgomery team can find a little more offense they could make a little noise in 5A this season because they have the defense now. I believe this game will pay off big for the Dawg's on down the road this season.
Rowan county beat Montgomery last year in the final game of the season 60-59.
2 key injuries tonight. wellman achilles/ankle, tbd how bad and sympkins possible concussion. sympkins made many tackles for loss. i think a few others got banged up a bit but nothing major. also hall is still out with shoulder. he has the potential to be a game changing lineman. i am very pumped for this team. this could be a special year for them. they went toe to toe with a solid 5a team, that only dresses 3 freshmen, but for a few mistakes may have pulled out the win. the film breakdown will be tremendously valuable for the up coming Airview game. if you are a run team you better develop a passing game against this team. this defense was not the same that played boyd. if they can get the secondary to gel they will have a very good defense.
IntheZone Wrote:Rowan county beat Montgomery last year in the final game of the season 60-59.
that was last year. this game reminded me of last years 1st game against belfry at lc. if not for 2 belfry passes, the only two they threw, lc may have won that game. this game, if not for 4 mc passes,fumble and personal foul lc may have come out with the win. lc defense won the rushing game, mc offense won the passing game. lc must work hard on pass defense. some of it is personnel. you don't put a 5'6" corner man to man with a 6' 5" wide receiver. bottom line last year does not matter for any team. it is all about this year. and this year i will say lc and mc will both be a very tough game. the way i look at it is we have 5-6 scrimmage games and then district play begins.
It is a great day to be an Indian! Good win over a good LC football team last night.
Arrowhead Wrote:It is a great day to be an Indian! Good win over a good LC football team last night.
Congrats! You have a good defense and a good looking team.
:Thumbs:
IntheZone Wrote:Rowan county beat Montgomery last year in the final game of the season 60-59.

And.............? That was last season every team in the state had one. What did Sheldon Clark do last season? What is Sheldon Clark going to do this season other then finish last in the district? This is a better Bulldog team then last season and this is a better Montgomery team then last season and I think as the year plays out you will see that.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:2 key injuries tonight. wellman achilles/ankle, tbd how bad and sympkins possible concussion. sympkins made many tackles for loss. i think a few others got banged up a bit but nothing major. also hall is still out with shoulder. he has the potential to be a game changing lineman. i am very pumped for this team. this could be a special year for them. they went toe to toe with a solid 5a team, that only dresses 3 freshmen, but for a few mistakes may have pulled out the win. the film breakdown will be tremendously valuable for the up coming Airview game. if you are a run team you better develop a passing game against this team. this defense was not the same that played boyd. if they can get the secondary to gel they will have a very good defense.

When does hall get back in? I hope we get everyone back healthy before district play. Every time we play a team on turf we get some people banged up. Sometimes I wish we had it but other times I'm glad we don't.
With injured players and some players still not with the team, it sounds like LC is going to take some time to round into shape. I'm sure they'll be fine in the long run, though.

Lol!!! You seriously didn't post this???? Please tell me someone hacked your account and posted this as a joke.
Belfry is several weeks down the line. Need to be more concerned about getting better. You'll get your chance against the Pirates����
Westside Wrote:Lol!!! You seriously didn't post this???? Please tell me someone hacked your account and posted this as a joke.

That was the score on KHSAA
Sorry 60-54.
Wellman out broke ankle, hall has mri this week, not sure about dylin. The only thing I would say is I thought they should have played chaffins more in the secondary, this is millers 1st year at corner and while he held his own, at times they him on a reciver that was 6 foot 4 or 5. Miller is maybe 5 foot 8 or 9 hard to defend that. Next keesee looks like that ankle is still a problem, the kid is hobbled out there, can't make his cuts on offense and can't turn in the secondary, but he played both ways almost the whole game.
dawg fan Wrote:Wellman out broke ankle, hall has mri this week, not sure about dylin. The only thing I would say is I thought they should have played chaffins more in the secondary, this is millers 1st year at corner and while he held his own, at times they him on a reciver that was 6 foot 4 or 5. Miller is maybe 5 foot 8 or 9 hard to defend that. Next keesee looks like that ankle is still a problem, the kid is hobbled out there, can't make his cuts on offense and can't turn in the secondary, but he played both ways almost the whole game.

Hope all those kids get healed up fast.
SCHS won 1 game last year and had a chance to beat LC late asides from a couple onside kicks and bad snaps. But they lost. I was just pointing out that Rowan is normally a pretty good opponent we used to play them and they were normally tough. Don't get your panties in a wad guys LCHS is the best team in the state sorry. What was I thinking.
IntheZone Wrote:SCHS won 1 game last year and had a chance to beat LC late asides from a couple onside kicks and bad snaps. But they lost. I was just pointing out that Rowan is normally a pretty good opponent we used to play them and they were normally tough. Don't get your panties in a wad guys LCHS is the best team in the state sorry. What was I thinking.

So basically your posting on a LC thread just to talk about how tough an opponent Rowan County is? Sure ...let's go with that. No one here thinks you are trying to take a stab at LC or anything with the Rowan game reference and still being stuck on some onside kicks from last years SC game. Curious about if you mumble about LC in your sleep also because as far as I know, Belfry is the one in our district everyone should be concerned with catching. :Thumbs:
Pages: 1 2