Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Nekc grid-o-rama
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know the final game of the night is Lewis County/Raceland. Someone correct me if I am wrong but I think the other game is West Carter/Greenup County.
First live game scrimmage Raceland has been in and more than likely the same deal for the other teams involved. Not much in predictions in these but here goes:

Raceland 35
Lewis County 14

I think Raceland will be one of the top contenders in the East this year, but these games tend to include some trial by fire stuff. So I dont think it will be an enormously high scoring affair. Excited to some fiday night football!!
Russell vs Rowan County at 5pm

Russell 38
Rowan 14
I am attending all five games this weekend.
Fleming County 21

Nicholas County 8 final

Bath County 3

East Carter 0 final
Those were scores posted at the other site.
Fleming County won despite 4 turnovers. You could tell they had a lot of new players on the field.
Bath had turnovers that hurt (inside the 5 and a INT on the 1st drive) and East had several unnecessary penalties. Both cost scores. But both played solid D which is an improvement over last season.
Going to be warm this afternoon for Devils and Rowan ..
Russell looks great. Lots of platooning among the LBs snd secondary snd WE groups. Offensively a good mix of run and pass. Rowan looks enemic. Very little movement offensively. Russell was up 42-6 before i left to go grab some dinner. Will be goin back for the other 2 games as well.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Russell looks great. Lots of platooning among the LBs snd secondary snd WE groups. Offensively a good mix of run and pass. Rowan looks enemic. Very little movement offensively. Russell was up 42-6 before i left to go grab some dinner. Will be goin back for the other 2 games as well.
Thanks for the Update Scotty_Bronson.:Thumbs: This is about what I expected to happen.
GC up 6-0
Devils dominated, benefitted by heat and penalties by Rowan. Rowan has some size , its early.
Russell fumbles at the goal line with about 4-5 min left. this would have put them at 49. not bad for 3 qts and a lot of platooning.
Russell 42

Rowan County 6 final
Rowan just doesn't have a very good program right now. They were flat out bad last season. We had the last of a two year deal last season and didn't redo the contract. They had something going a few seasons ago but then they lost that coach and it's been all down hill from there. I hope they get it back together soon. Been some real good games between Lawrence and Rowan.
West Carter is really improved. Greenup looks to be in the same boat as last year. Stale offensively. West has alot of good speed in the backfield, LB, and DE. West could suprise some people this year. Greenups offense looks lossed.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:West Carter is really improved. Greenup looks to be in the same boat as last year. Stale offensively. West has alot of good speed in the backfield, LB, and DE. West could suprise some people this year. Greenups offense looks lossed.
As in surprise/beat Russell?Confusednicker:
If Greenup isn't sharp they will not beat the devils. Devils in second year of Maynard are a focused bunch in everything they do. The staff challenges each position and overall execution every play.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:As in surprise/beat Russell?Confusednicker:

Don't laugh! West has never beaten Russell. No one thought anyone in the district would beat your Devils in 2011 either! Wink
LClion4life Wrote:Don't laugh! West has never beaten Russell. No one thought anyone in the district would beat your Devils in 2011 either! Wink
If West or Lewis County or whoever in district beats Russell this year I'll be the first one to congratulate them on the win.:Thumbs:
You make a good point , that is why the games are played. If a team can execute their stuff anyone can be beaten. The consistency of execution on both Offense and Defense are the keys. All teams in this area have about the same raw talent.
West Carter 21

Greenup County 12 final
Raceland 13
Lewis 0

5 mins left in 1st
40-6 Raceland at half
I think the Lewis County/Greenup County game next week could be a good one.
How much platooning did the Rams do? Russell was running 4-6 players in and out seemingly on every play except a few series.
Not much platooning, but moved alot of kids, especially lineman in and out. Not much drop off between our 1s and 2s. Nathaniel looked really comfortable at QB and everything else followed suit. We looked good. Lewis has a long way to go.
Lewis County got battered by the Rams Confusednicker:
Lewis returned a kickoff for a TD. After Raceland went up 33-0, both teams just kind of coasted from there. It was 46-7 when I took off. Maybe someone can update a final. Lewis has alot of work to do, weak upfront. Raceland has some depth and seemingly every position. Should be a good year for the Rams. I liked what I saw.
Heard the final was 47-12
Pages: 1 2