Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Nekc grid-o-rama
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
scotty_bronson Wrote:lewis returned a kickoff for a td. After raceland went up 33-0, both teams just kind of coasted from there. It was 46-7 when i took off. Maybe someone can update a final. Lewis has alot of work to do, weak upfront. Raceland has some depth and seemingly every position. Should be a good year for the rams. I liked what i saw.
Raceland 47
Lewis County12
maybe the Rams will break through or batter their way through to a championship game eventually Smile
I look foward to seeing us against Ashland, be a good test to see where we stand early on against a quality oponent.
No disrespect to Lewis, but they and Raceland are moving in two different directions.
I still think you only seen about 20% of what the Rams offense has to offer. Coach isn't gonna show much in a scrimmage, especially when next week's opponent is in the same stadium and their coaching staff watching. And next week, they will probably only see just enough to TCB against them.
BOOGIE WOOGIE MAN Wrote:I still think you only seen about 20% of what the Rams offense has to offer. Coach isn't gonna show much in a scrimmage, especially when next week's opponent is in the same stadium and their coaching staff watching. And next week, they will probably only see just enough to TCB against them.

I agree. We only ran about 10 different plays. But what we did run, looked pretty sharp and effecient. Both quarterbacks looked good. Nathaniel is the starter, but I feel better about our backup situation in Damon. Both threw well last night. Nathaniel threw two really nice deep passes. The defense was as advertised. Fast to the football and mean. That was the hardest I can remember a Raceland team hitting in awhile. My suprise of the evening? Cam Webb. Had a a couple really nice catches, one of which nearly caused him to be cut in half, but he held on, he looked good at DB as well. Austin Howard did, what I think he will have the potential to do all year, thats take a bubble screen and cut across the other side of the field to the endzone.

Lewis Co wasnt the most formidable opponent. But we didnt make alot of dumb mistakes, had a couple of holds we need to clean up. But we seemed to play our game and everyone that came on the field wearing a Raceland uniform, looked pretty good. Onto week 1 and a West Carter team that is seemingly MUCH improved and has a good amount of team speed.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I look foward to seeing us against Ashland, be a good test to see where we stand early on against a quality oponent.

Baker will look like a blur coming out of the Ashland backfield Smile
As long as our defense can force them to sustain drives and we in turn, sustain drives it will be anyones ball game. In regaurds to another suprise last night, I have to give credit to Reece Hall. Reece is a big ol boy, probably weighs over 300. I was told he would get the start, but expected to see Isaac Wallace get a majority of the plays. That wasnt the case. Reece looked good, good footwork, good mobility, played a really good game at OT and G. Our line never seemed to be gassed, kudos to the strength and conditioning work they put it.

Our kicking game suprised me as well. I believe Will Hale connected on all of his XP and Kyle Jamison provides a good tackler and speed after he kicks the ball off. We didnt punt, so idk what to expect there, but across the board I really didnt see a glaring issue. Thats why I want to see us against Ashland.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:As long as our defense can force them to sustain drives and we in turn, sustain drives it will be anyones ball game. In regaurds to another suprise last night, I have to give credit to Reece Hall. Reece is a big ol boy, probably weighs over 300. I was told he would get the start, but expected to see Isaac Wallace get a majority of the plays. That wasnt the case. Reece looked good, good footwork, good mobility, played a really good game at OT and G. Our line never seemed to be gassed, kudos to the strength and conditioning work they put it.

Our kicking game suprised me as well. I believe Will Hale connected on all of his XP and Kyle Jamison provides a good tackler and speed after he kicks the ball off. We didnt punt, so idk what to expect there, but across the board I really didnt see a glaring issue. Thats why I want to see us against Ashland.

no doubt about it.Raceland will be a tough out for anybody this season.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:As long as our defense can force them to sustain drives and we in turn, sustain drives it will be anyones ball game. In regaurds to another suprise last night, I have to give credit to Reece Hall. Reece is a big ol boy, probably weighs over 300. I was told he would get the start, but expected to see Isaac Wallace get a majority of the plays. That wasnt the case. Reece looked good, good footwork, good mobility, played a really good game at OT and G. Our line never seemed to be gassed, kudos to the strength and conditioning work they put it.

We did punt once. Carson Christian was the punter and it was around 40 yards. Late in the game we were attempting to punt again but a bad snap over the punter' reach set up Lewis County on Raceland 's 2 yard line leading to the Lions 2nd TD. Was backup longsnapper and he was playing with a bad cut on his hand. Other than that, the punting game looked great.
Our defense really didn't allow anything. Both LC touchdowns were the result of special teams play.
I'm sure that'll be fixed by Saturday night.
Thanks boogie. I took off towards the end of the 3rd quarter so i guess i missed the second punt. I do recall the first one now though. Really excited about this season. This team is alot different this year and seemingly the most physical we have been in idk how long.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Thanks boogie. I took off towards the end of the 3rd quarter so i guess i missed the second punt. I do recall the first one now though. Really excited about this season. This team is alot different this year and seemingly the most physical we have been in idk how long.

I watched the entire WC vs GC game and the entire Rams LC game. Definitely heard alot more pads cracking in Raceland /Lewis game and it was from the Rams OL/DL Line and Linebacking core and a few from the defensive backs. The D didn't give up a 1st down until late in the 1st half and that was with platooning several guys in that might not see a whole lot of regular season action.

This could really be something special.
BOOGIE WOOGIE MAN Wrote:I watched the entire WC vs GC game and the entire Rams LC game. Definitely heard alot more pads cracking in Raceland /Lewis game and it was from the Rams OL/DL Line and Linebacking core and a few from the defensive backs. The D didn't give up a 1st down until late in the 1st half and that was with platooning several guys in that might not see a whole lot of regular season action.

This could really be something special.

I agree. This edition of the Rams is a TEAM in every since of the word. We dont have a Pettery, Tolliver, Grizzle, or a Messer. Don't have a Scott Speaks, or any other single handedly dominate player. What do have though is 64 kids, who buy into what the ultimate goal is, they dont care about a third consecutive district or regional championship, they care about taking the program to the next step, A State Title. We have more lineman, CAPABLE, lineman, than we possibly ever have. There are definite 1s and starter rotations, but we have the depth to spell those guys when need be. Having the ability for Isaac Wallace to ONLY play defense, and have enough LBs for Snyder to ONLY play RB, unless they are needed in other situations. We have never had this kind of depth. A fresh Isaac Wallace at DT is a big difference maker in the run game. Seth Holbrook would be a starter on the OL if needed, but Jared Manis stepped up and had a great camp. Bailey Walker is a fine RB, but we have others just as capable so Bailey stays fresh at LB. there are just so many things different about this team. And all my worries about the QB position are gone. Nathaniel has the potential to be one of the stand out QBs we have had in the last few years. Csnt wait till Friday!
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I agree. This edition of the Rams is a TEAM in every since of the word. We dont have a Pettery, Tolliver, Grizzle, or a Messer. Don't have a Scott Speaks, or any other single handedly dominate player. What do have though is 64 kids, who buy into what the ultimate goal is, they dont care about a third consecutive district or regional championship, they care about taking the program to the next step, A State Title. We have more lineman, CAPABLE, lineman, than we possibly ever have. There are definite 1s and starter rotations, but we have the depth to spell those guys when need be. Having the ability for Isaac Wallace to ONLY play defense, and have enough LBs for Snyder to ONLY play RB, unless they are needed in other situations. We have never had this kind of depth. A fresh Isaac Wallace at DT is a big difference maker in the run game. Seth Holbrook would be a starter on the OL if needed, but Jared Manis stepped up and had a great camp. Bailey Walker is a fine RB, but we have others just as capable so Bailey stays fresh at LB. there are just so many things different about this team. And all my worries about the QB position are gone. Nathaniel has the potential to be one of the stand out QBs we have had in the last few years. Csnt wait till Friday!
Hey Scotty_Bronson, that would be can't wait till Saturday unless your gonna have a 24 hr sit in. Lol.

GO RAMS !!
Lmao forgot
Pages: 1 2