Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pulaski Maroons new addition
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
With the addition of 3 star Landon Powell the Maroons become automatic favorites to rule the 12th region.
Trophy Room Wrote:With the addition of 3 star Landon Powell the Maroons become automatic favorites to rule the 12th region.

:blabbermo at SW fans, keep trolling..
I wouldn't say they are the favorites but they have to be in the conversation.
One of the best players in the region, without question. I'll still take Southwestern to win the region, but PC closed the gap big time by adding Powell.
Trophy Room Wrote:With the addition of 3 star Landon Powell the Maroons become automatic favorites to rule the 12th region.

rule? Confusedtare::dudecomeon:
watched pulaski yesterday. they will be very good by mid season.
How long before the KHSAA stops recruiting?
KHSAA may not allow this transfer. A move was not made so who knows. Hard to say with them
I don't see this case as recruiting though. His dad was let go as an assistant so he went back to where he started.
Commanche Wrote:How long before the KHSAA stops recruiting?

good question.
ky playmaker Wrote:KHSAA may not allow this transfer. A move was not made so who knows. Hard to say with them
I talked to the Dad, he is going to be on the coaching staff at PC as JV coach, so eligibility won't be an issue.
Warrior 2002 Wrote:I talked to the Dad, he is going to be on the coaching staff at PC as JV coach, so eligibility won't be an issue.
thats good. really good kid.
Where did Todd wood go?
Heard Coldiron is going to PC to. KHSAA needs new transfer rules to stop moves like this. Kid should sit a year after playing a varsity sports at another school. Once the school year is over free agency opens up with in Pulaski County KHSAA does little to slow it down.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Heard Coldiron is going to PC to. KHSAA needs new transfer rules to stop moves like this. Kid should sit a year after playing a varsity sports at another school. Once the school year is over free agency opens up with in Pulaski County KHSAA does little to slow it down.

they are a joke and have favorites.
The superintendent and principals should do something.. If they move the KHSAA can't do anything..
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Heard Coldiron is going to PC to. KHSAA needs new transfer rules to stop moves like this. Kid should sit a year after playing a varsity sports at another school. Once the school year is over free agency opens up with in Pulaski County KHSAA does little to slow it down.

Lol it goes on in places other than Pulaski.. Get your 47 district goggles off .. You act like it's just the going thing
Craze JACKET man Wrote:The superintendent and principals should do something.. If they move the KHSAA can't do anything..

if.
Bucwheat Wrote:Lol it goes on in places other than Pulaski.. Get your 47 district goggles off .. You act like it's just the going thing

the low down dirty scum of the earth cheaters are all over the state and the governing organization allows it to continue.:rage:
Bucwheat Wrote:Lol it goes on in places other than Pulaski.. Get your 47 district goggles off .. You act like it's just the going thing

I agree its a state wide issue.
pjdoug Wrote:the low down dirty scum of the earth cheaters are all over the state and the governing organization allows it to continue.:rage:

Whitley County obviously don't cheat, they are bad bad bad. Oh I forgot thats your team pjdoug.....:lmao:
Lilly Wrote:Whitley County obviously don't cheat, they are bad bad bad. Oh I forgot thats your team pjdoug.....:lmao:

duh Smile

Pulaski lost 17 points and 5 boards in All Region performer Ross, as well as guard Burton who was their floor general and averaged around 8 PPG. They're picking up Powell that averaged 19 PPG playing against a pretty weak schedule (2 to 3 quality opponents) and suddenly that vaults them to the top of the region? I mean I think that may put them up there at or above Casey around the 5 spot.

So you must also think he will be the best player in the region? Better than Hager, Stearns, Blevins, Elkins, Faulkner and Fitzgerald?
I agree that losing burton and Ross will hurt tremendously. Ross scored every way he could for last years team and Burton was without a doubt the leader of that team and was the floor general. However, a year under the belt of Treyvon sylvester could be the reason this team is a top 5 team. I will take the trio Riley hall, landon Powell, and Treyvon sylvester any day of the week.
I think they'll be a tough trio as well. Hall can be a lights out shooter. And I agree top 5, probably top 4 before its all said and done.

How tall is Powell? Might their backcourt struggle against length?
6ft? Not really sure. The kid can play. But yes I'd say length and strength will bother them some. Pulaski did do a good job of defending him last year but it seemed like Burton matched up with him every game but I could be wrong.
Automatic favorites to rule the 12th region?!?! LOL Powell is a decent player but I'm not sure he is a top 5 player in the County (Southwestern, Somerset, Pulaski)!!!
They sure have a nice freshman group coming in, Jacob Combs can play
No order: Fitzgerald, Hall, Gover, Sylvester, Powell. IMO.
You're probably around the program more than I am, but from hearsay I don't see Combs playing a major role at the Varsity level for a couple years.
Pages: 1 2