Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: South Laurel job open
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
What is the interest in this job? Has it been at a high level or not much interest shown? I know South has some good young talent, it would take whoever the new coach is some time but I would think it would be a good place year in and year out.
Any news on this job?
not been offered to any one yet. maybe just go with a player coach type thing. lol
ky playmaker Wrote:not been offered to any one yet. maybe just go with a player coach type thing. lol

Good one! It would be a money saver.
South will have a good hire
What are some names being mentioned for this job?
Most of the names I had heard have said no at least that was what I was told. I hope for the kids that they get someone by June 1 so they can have summer ball to get them ready. This team is my pick for a sleeper to surprise people if they can get things going. Not to be dramatic but this hire could be a make or break type hire for a talented but young team.
The fella that stepped down at Bath County will be the new coach. Cause Moutaindew said so.
Mountaindew Wrote:The fella that stepped down at Bath County will be the new coach. Cause Moutaindew said so.

I think dew is right on this one.....I think :Clap:
well
That would be step up for him from Bath County to South Laurel
Don't think he "stepped down".
If he is taking the South Laurel job he is "stepping up". If this is true it's an interesting hire. 51-56 in four years at Bath County. And he just might be the exact hire they need. If so, time will tell.
Three IFS. That's a record.
Cause Mountaindew said so.
No, I've seen more than three. Several times. Good to see you are paying attention, though. Good luck to whoever gets the job. It's a good position and should be competing for region titles year in and year out.
It's hard to compete for region titles year in and year out when the talent isn't there. Take away the 8th grader what do you have there? It all goes in cycles.
One of the largest schools in what is typically a weak region, as far as state contention goes. Not a powerhouse program, but good enough to be around the top of the 13th region every year.
The program used to be the most talented around. The years with the johnson girl, Neace, wombles, Pickett, the little Wirery PGs name I don't remember, jessica dean, the burchett girl, and then Clontz and Arthur were some talented teams. It might just be cycles but the talent for sure seems down but enough young talent someone can build on I think. The program does seem to have started falling back more with some of the other female sports at south getting better. That may or may not be related I'm just an outsider when it comes to SL.
One name I have been waiting to hear but I have not yet is coach piper since she is no longer at mason county and seems to have been successful.
They've been around the top of the region for the most part except for the past two years. It's cycles folks. Same thing happened with South's boys teams.
South has enough talent year in and year out to be at or near the top of the 13th. South is down right now but has some good talent from soph class down thru 6th. over the last 4 years alot of girls just stop playing for various reasons that I wont get into. My daughter is a freshman. Off her 8th grade team only 3 girls are still playing basketball but most are still playing something and to be honest if it wasnt for one girls mom not letting her quit it would be just two left.
Jmo but who ever ends up with the job can have a great opportunity. South has 3 soph that can really play under the right coach. One soph works as hard as any one. A freshman that is very athletic and has the ability if she works to score with anybody around over the next few years. South has one 8th grade big that is getting better and better and a 8th grader that is really athletic just not skilled yet and a 7th grade pt guard thats gonna be really good. 2 years away from being really good under right coach imo
I think some of the folks here misunderstood my previous post...the coach at Bath County didn't step down. He didn't choose to leave.
South is a good job. cant believe no names of who has applied r on here.
HD28 Wrote:I think some of the folks here misunderstood my previous post...the coach at Bath County didn't step down. He didn't choose to leave.
lost his teaching job and then stepped down as coach is what I heard.
I don't know who all has applied but have heard of one that they are after hard!
KyBoy24 Wrote:I don't know who all has applied but have heard of one that they are after hard!

Who?
You are right on the money KY Playmaker.
Who are they after?
I know Someone from Whitley County has applied as well. I'm 110 percent sure about that and a former Corbin Redhound great as well!!!! Cause Mountaindew said so.
Pages: 1 2 3 4