Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Trey Farmer to South?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just heard from a source who is usually very reliable that Trey Farmer has been attending South Laurel's open gym. Can anyone comment on this and the fact that South Laurel has already began having open gym?
Been hearing the same thing down my way too. Seems like a very risky thing to be doing not only by Trey but South too. I'd hate to see Farmer be ineligible next season.
I know for a fact that Trey hasn't been at South open gym. But I have been hearing rumors of Farmer leaving Clay if the politics go in the direction that is being rumored.
This one is funny. South has had one open gym and Trey was not there. I have heard same rumor and even seen one text that if marcum is let go Farmer is leaving. Marcum isnt going anywhere IMO
Why would Marcum not be at Clay? Don't see any reason for them to want to make a switch.
I heard rumblings at the regional tournament about Marcum. I'm not going to speculate here or even say what I heard.

I will say that Clay is probably the only county in the state that could keep up with Harlan when it comes to school politics. Middlesboro appears to be a close third.
From my understanding there are a few that want glenn gray as head coach and some want marcum to stay. New super has alot to do with the rumors I hear.
Sebastian2423 Wrote:Been hearing the same thing down my way too. Seems like a very risky thing to be doing not only by Trey but South too. I'd hate to see Farmer be ineligible next season.

That is CRAZY, the kid has been through A terrible situation and the Clay CO. fan base wants to keep him from playing BB any where except Clay County. That be the case I personally would loose all the respect I have ever had for Clay CO. BB. If any kid that was an outstanding Base ball player wanted to play for another school, for what ever reason, Better coaching, more opportunity, what ever would you not wish him well. Would you want to hold A kid in A place where he may be unhappy just for spite, What if Trey Farmer was not A good athlete, played 11th man would you stand in his way if BB mint A lot to him and he could play somewhere else and be happy? I have A question for you, Has Clay County ever had A transferee? Did the other school object to it? Good luck to Clay Co. And more than anything else good luck to A fragil kid what ever does.
Getting rid of Robert Marcum would be stupid. Cant win the region every year guys. You just lost to the Class A Football State Runner-ups. Not exactly a bad group of athletes to lose to. Give Robert a break. Hes had really good teams every year.
Its politics, has nothing to do with how well or not The team has played. Marcum has done a great job. IMO
The only way I think Marcum leaves before next season is if it's his choice. I seriously doubt he gets pushed out.
Granny Bear Wrote:I heard rumblings at the regional tournament about Marcum. I'm not going to speculate here or even say what I heard.

I will say that Clay is probably the only county in the state that could keep up with Harlan when it comes to school politics. Middlesboro appears to be a close third.

Granny Bear, you have no idea. The politics in the Clay County schools is off the charts. It seems that this county doesn't want what's best for our kids or the schools. They never, ever want an outsider to do anything. Every position has to be filled a local even when the locals are nowhere near qualified. It is really sad that grownups cheat the kids for their own agenda. With that said, I will jump down from my soapbox now.:igiveup:
Mark my words, Marcum is out. When Sexton becomes superintendent Glenn Gray will be the next coach. This may be the reason Farmer is leaving, but I'm not sure. Go ahead and shoot me down if you like but my info is 100% factual.
You know what wouldn't surprise me, is when Marcum gets the boot that good ol Knox doesn't come after him! It's very well possible IMO.
CraigEhlo Wrote:Mark my words, Marcum is out. When Sexton becomes superintendent Glenn Gray will be the next coach. This may be the reason Farmer is leaving, but I'm not sure. Go ahead and shoot me down if you like but my info is 100% factual.
you also said farmer was at south open gym and I know that aint true. I have heard sexton wants marcum gone though.
ky playmaker Wrote:you also said farmer was at south open gym and I know that aint true. I have heard sexton wants marcum gone though.

What makes your truth any more reliable than mine?
OldSchoolTiger Wrote:Granny Bear, you have no idea. The politics in the Clay County schools is off the charts. It seems that this county doesn't want what's best for our kids or the schools. They never, ever want an outsider to do anything. Every position has to be filled a local even when the locals are nowhere near qualified. It is really sad that grownups cheat the kids for their own agenda. With that said, I will jump down from my soapbox now.:igiveup:

"I" have no idea???? You forget where I live!! LOL

Sebastian2423 Wrote:You know what wouldn't surprise me, is when Marcum gets the boot that good ol Knox doesn't come after him! It's very well possible IMO.

I wonder about Barbourville. Since Coach Phipps' sons are gone, and I know one is superior in swimming competition and he wants to follow him. Also, Phipps' assistant coach is all but family to Farmer.

Now NOTHING I said is factual...it's just some thoughts I've had lately.
True there Granny Bear. Assistant coach Derek Collins and Richie are good friends. But I can't see Dinky quitting that job any time soon. And also his youngest son will be an 8th grader or freshman next year and have a good freshman class coming up so I believe it's safe to say he has a guaranteed 5 more years
Marcum is doing a great job at Clay and Trey is an exceptional player!
Would hate to see either of them leave Tiger Nation.
CraigEhlo Wrote:What makes your truth any more reliable than mine?
well lets see you already told one fib lol
ky playmaker Wrote:well lets see you already told one fib lol

And what exactly was that?
I'll make it short, NO.
CraigEhlo Wrote:Mark my words, Marcum is out. When Sexton becomes superintendent Glenn Gray will be the next coach. This may be the reason Farmer is leaving, but I'm not sure. Go ahead and shoot me down if you like but my info is 100% factual.

Don't get me wrong because I think Glenn is a great coach, but why do you think he is willing to be head coach again when he has "already been there, done that", and quit because it took to much time from his real job. He really didn't want to be an assistant this year. I think he has more fun coaching at the grade school level than he does the high school.:Thumbs:
CraigEhlo Wrote:And what exactly was that?

This whole thread. U started it saying farmer was at south open gym. He was not. I was there he wasnt
Sebastian2423 Wrote:True there Granny Bear. Assistant coach Derek Collins and Richie are good friends. But I can't see Dinky quitting that job any time soon. And also his youngest son will be an 8th grader or freshman next year and have a good freshman class coming up so I believe it's safe to say he has a guaranteed 5 more years

Good Lord, I'm losing my mind!! I forgot all about his youngest son, Sebastian. I agree with you; Coach Phipps is there for at least another 5 years! That's good for Barbourville, too!
Granny Bear Wrote:Good Lord, I'm losing my mind!! I forgot all about his youngest son, Sebastian. I agree with you; Coach Phipps is there for at least another 5 years! That's good for Barbourville, too!

Prove it.
I don't have to prove it. Coach Phipps already has proven it.
If politics forces Marcum out there will be several kids not be at Clay next year. It wouldn't matter if we won the region this year and won games at state....In Clay County if politics wants you out...you are gone......I really hope that it doesn't happen but I wouldn't be shocked with anything.
I would be shocked.
Granny Bear I didn't mean to quote you, I was trying to quote playmaker. My apologies.
Pages: 1 2