Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Any Coaching Rumors in 15th Region
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Now that state tourney is over, its time for the annual rumor mill to begin. I will get it started with a couple that my friend heard at Bowling Green.

Rodney Rowe will be stepping down as coach at Shelby Valley and be replaced by Tim Rice from Sheldon Clark.

Bobby Spears leaving Pikeville. No replacement mentioned.

Scott Castle being replaced at Magoffin County by Pup Miller.

Anybody hear any news concerning these rumors or any new ones not mentioned. I know these are only rumors and probably just overheard from people talking, but it does provide interesting discussion.
Mountain BB Fan Wrote:Now that state tourney is over, its time for the annual rumor mill to begin. I will get it started with a couple that my friend heard at Bowling Green.

Rodney Rowe will be stepping down as coach at Shelby Valley and be replaced by Tim Rice from Sheldon Clark.

Anybody hear any news concerning these rumors or any new ones not mentioned. I know these are only rumors and probably just overheard from people talking, but it does provide interesting discussion.

Is Rice looking to move from Sheldon Clark? I wish he would come back to Southwestern. Best coach we ever had. Wish him luck with whatever he chooses to do.
Brandon Gayheart leaving the girls for the prestonsburg boys position.
Moore leaving AC job.
Mountain BB Fan Wrote:Now that state tourney is over, its time for the annual rumor mill to begin. I will get it started with a couple that my friend heard at Bowling Green.

Rowe to stay 6 more years for family and lack of naming his own replacement.
Rice to Pikeville
Magoffin job will open.
I,m sure there will be more rumors soon.
Rodney Rowe 6 more years? Wow! He said just a few months ago he was quitting as soon as his daughter graduated. Must have changed his mind.
Rice to Pikeville? Possible
Castle has not stepped down according to some that I have talked to. I think the rumors are coming because he thought about giving it up last year and from the fact that a few others want the position. Heard they are wanting him to coach the boys team, but current coach has not given up that position either.
Not sure about what is going to happen at Magoffin,playing those political games. I guess.

Hearing some are not satisfied at Pike Central. May be another change there.

Spears will step down, unless he gets some transfers.

Rowe will stay, I hear he has a couple of nieces to coach.
There will be no changes at Pike Central or Magoffin.
Pikeville is possible.
Rowe will stay at SV.
From what I'm hearing there will be no major changes in the 15th net season. Has anyone been hearing any rumors? Been kind of quite so far, usually by this time there are rumors from all corners of the 15th. Everyone must be satisfied with the jobs their coaches did this past season. Comments anyone, I would hate to see this thread buried deep on the site.
Heard today that the Proffitt girl left SV team. Anyone know for sure?
She's been at JBS for a while now
Heard Mark martin to pburg and gay heart takes the boys good.
realdealuk23 Wrote:Heard Mark martin to pburg and gay heart takes the boys good.

Definitely not an upgrade for the boys if it plays out this way!
PGL Wrote:She's been at JBS for a while now

That's a big offensive threat gone. I think they had 2 or 3 seniors as well. Rumor is SV is going after some ER players.
Mjolnir Wrote:That's a big offensive threat gone. I think they had 2 or 3 seniors as well. Rumor is SV is going after some ER players.

I know they have been after the Fleenor girl at East Ridge for over a year now.
SV recruiting East Ridge girls is totally false.
new o Wrote:SV recruiting East Ridge girls is totally false.

I think I heard this about Fraley and Proffitt,all false rumors.

I heard from an inside source that Bobby Spears will be back at Pikeville next year.
I've heard from Bobby himself he will be back, but that doesn't mean anything. I like Bobby I wish him will.
Mjolnir Wrote:Not sure about what is going to happen at Magoffin,playing those political games. I guess.

Hearing some are not satisfied at Pike Central. May be another change there.

Spears will step down, unless he gets some transfers.

Rowe will stay, I hear he has a couple of nieces to coach.
Wonder why they would not be satisfied at Pike Central? That doesn't make sense.
sprucepinetiger Wrote:Wonder why they would not be satisfied at Pike Central? That doesn't make sense.

The coach at Pike Central did a fine job as I stated before he will be back.
Also heard Spears will be back at Pikeville.
Only change in Pike Co. would be if Rowe retired from SV.
Do not understand how pike centre ka coach done a fine job. Quality wins where phelps,Lawrence co and pairist. He also lost to south Floyd and Lawrence co at the end of the season. Please don't tell me you think their coach would be at valley.
He did fine job, team had 8 wins and lost top scorer from previous year.
South Floyd was solid team and Lawrence also.
Never mentioned anything bout him being at Valley. I just stated no changes in Pike Co.
I've heard that would be Randy Davis job if Coach Rowe retires.
Wasn't Madison mulling their leading scorer a year ago and this year. He has been good and taking over teams after someone else has put in all the work.
No Abby little was and just found out third leading scorer was Tibbs girl who had transferred to Pikeville and didn't get any pt at all this past season...they had lost to piarist previous season..you have right to your opinion but I thought he did fine job..I'm not on here looking to degrade anyone..I'm finished with this thread.
Stuartscott Wrote:He did fine job, team had 8 wins and lost top scorer from previous year.
South Floyd was solid team and Lawrence also.
Never mentioned anything bout him being at Valley. I just stated no changes in Pike Co.
I've heard that would be Randy Davis job if Coach Rowe retires.

Totally false about Randy Davis, R. Rowe holds the job and slowly works DoeDoe into coaching the team.
new o Wrote:SV recruiting East Ridge girls is totally false.

You're serious?

They've done that countless times, in multiple sports.
I am totally serious. Rowe has never recruited those kids. Have their parents called him yes but he never asked to transfer. Rowe even notified Coach Campbell when it happened. It is easier to post facts when you are on the inside and know what happened rather than post what you have heard. If other people have asked them to transfer I have no idea but I know Rowe never asked them.
new o Wrote:I am totally serious. Rowe has never recruited those kids. Have their parents called him yes but he never asked to transfer. Rowe even notified Coach Campbell when it happened. It is easier to post facts when you are on the inside and know what happened rather than post what you have heard. If other people have asked them to transfer I have no idea but I know Rowe never asked them.

I believe what you are saying Coach. There is this attitude and belief up there that parents can send their kids to other schools and it will increase their chances of being recruited by colleges. That is an absolute false assumption. I look back over the years and see how many kids have left there for other schools and the best they have gotten is the NAIA. There is nothing wrong with the NAIA, but the offers would have been the same regardless of where they went to school. College recruiters look at one thing, you can play or you can't. Simple as that, they could care less what high school they went to.
Agreed look at Whitney Creech she's got a bunch of D-1 offers at little old Jenkins
You are exactly right Coach. There is a misconception with kids and D1 especially in the mountains. There are kids that have and will play D1 but around here everyone is a D1 kid. The word D1 is thrown around way too often around here.
Pages: 1 2