Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Any Coaching Rumors in 15th Region
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ive witnessed and talked to some of the coaches recruiting her... She is a D1 kid
realdealuk23 Wrote:Brandon Gayheart leaving the girls for the prestonsburg boys position.
Moore leaving AC job.
Brandon Gearheart is not leaving the Prestonsburg Girls for any other job.
Prestonsburg is not losing any players to transfer.
Things are looking up and Prestonsburg is on the rise.
My sources say no change whatsoever.
Players are happy, coaching staff is happy, and Admistration happy.
All good in Blackcatnation.
Wasn't talking about Creech, she can play D1. Just referring to how easily kids are labled D1 around the mountains.
PGL Wrote:I've heard from Bobby himself he will be back, but that doesn't mean anything. I like Bobby I wish him will.

I heard a rumor today that a couple of influential people, with big time sponsorships and daughters/grand daughters on Pikeville team was trying to persuade Tim Rice to come to Pikeville to coach girls team. If these 2 people are talking, Pikeville administration will listen. Not sure of Rice's stance on this issue, but assume he will listen if there is an offer. Can anyone add anything to this rumor?
new o Wrote:Wasn't talking about Creech, she can play D1. Just referring to how easily kids are labled D1 around the mountains.

Easily play D1
Fiddler Wrote:Brandon Gearheart is not leaving the Prestonsburg Girls for any other job.
Prestonsburg is not losing any players to transfer.
Things are looking up and Prestonsburg is on the rise.
My sources say no change whatsoever.
Players are happy, coaching staff is happy, and Admistration happy.
All good in Blackcatnation.

Sounds like someone from Pburg and I have heard from sources that multiple players are not happy with the coaching staff at pburg.
realdealuk23 Wrote:Sounds like someone from Pburg and I have heard from sources that multiple players are not happy with the coaching staff at pburg.

I have also heard that players weren't happy! I have also heard that some schools in the area have put feelers out to some of their players about the possibility of transferring next year.
Glory Days Wrote:I have also heard that players weren't happy! I have also heard that some schools in the area have put feelers out to some of their players about the possibility of transferring next year.

I have heard some of the same rumors, especially after the loss to Betsy Layne and South Floyd to end the regular season. It is tough to keep everyone happy, when you are losing to teams that we beat so easily earlier in the year. Winning the district title has seem to quiet the rumors.
Mountain BB Fan Wrote:I heard a rumor today that a couple of influential people, with big time sponsorships and daughters/grand daughters on Pikeville team was trying to persuade Tim Rice to come to Pikeville to coach girls team. If these 2 people are talking, Pikeville administration will listen. Not sure of Rice's stance on this issue, but assume he will listen if there is an offer. Can anyone add anything to this rumor?
I don't think the Gearheart's can lure Tim Rice in. I understand the Betsy Layne connection from back in the day but I don't think he would come in and coach at Pikeville just for that reason. Granted, I don't know the man personally but I think it would take more than that to get him to move.
More News(rumor). Rowe worked a deal out and has joined ranks of the 100 day employees in Pike County,those ELITE few who are so necessary that you can't have a ball team without them. So he will remain at SV as I stated back in March for 6 more years. All in the 15th will remain where they are. No Changes!!!
Rowe retired from teaching but is going to coach. He does not have a 100 day contract like you are stating. (Truth)
sprucepinetiger Wrote:I don't think the Gearheart's can lure Tim Rice in. I understand the Betsy Layne connection from back in the day but I don't think he would come in and coach at Pikeville just for that reason. Granted, I don't know the man personally but I think it would take more than that to get him to move.

Don't know who the Gearhearts are. I'm not from Eastern Ky. but if they can get him, they should try real hard. Personally, if Coach Rice moves anywhere, I hope it is back to Southwestern. We need him. I know a lot of people over here agree with me. Some may not, but the majority agrees, especially the parents of the younger players.
sprucepinetiger Wrote:I don't think the Gearheart's can lure Tim Rice in. I understand the Betsy Layne connection from back in the day but I don't think he would come in and coach at Pikeville just for that reason. Granted, I don't know the man personally but I think it would take more than that to get him to move.

I'm not so sure, money talks, especially at Pikeville. I have heard that they are long time friends, that has to mean something. I also heard Rice is happy at Sheldon Clark, so it might be a challenge to get him to jump ship. But who knows?
new o Wrote:Rowe retired from teaching but is going to coach. He does not have a 100 day contract like you are stating. (Truth)

Sorry I was misinformed, only a guarantee of 100 days as a substitute teacher. Just found this out.
Wrong again. He babysits his granddaughter two days a week and spends a couple of days running around with his son Steven.
Pages: 1 2