Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Will Johnson Central beef up the schedule next year?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I heard that Matney was trying to get games with Louisville Trinity and Cincinnati Moeller. That would be two nice additions to their schedule. We'd see just how the Beast of the East stacked up to some of the top teams KY and OH has to offer.
Johnny_Ringo Wrote:I heard that Matney was trying to get games with Louisville Trinity and Cincinnati Moeller. That would be two nice additions to their schedule. We'd see just how the Beast of the East stacked up to some of the top teams KY and OH has to offer.

Would be great to see this happen, but is JC willing to travel? Can't see Moeller traveling to JC and doubtful T would either. I would be surprised if Moeller was even interested in a home game with them.
Well, I know that we have traveled a great deal in the past 4 years. Sometimes, you don't have a choice; if you play...you travel!!
i think tey certainly should. their district is weak outside of Ashland and its been a few years since that game was as close as it was this year. i think they could use some more stuff out of the wishbone as well. open things up a little. their run game is always great. i cant immagine why their play action wouldnt be phenominal as well. it would keep teams like CC and FTH from stacking the box as much . those two always seem to be able to play man in the secondary though and do well enough , so it may not matter .
Give corbin a call :welcome: drive over.
64SUR Wrote:Give corbin a call :welcome: drive over.

Already have. I have talked to Coach Haddix several times.
Why even start this thread...... and give it the title that you did?

:lame: :please:: dudecomeon: :gtfo:
if I were JC, call the 6A Lexington schools and Wheelersburg Oh along with Cabell Midland and Huntington High in WVA..
Johnny_Ringo Wrote:I heard that Matney was trying to get games with Louisville Trinity and Cincinnati Moeller. That would be two nice additions to their schedule. We'd see just how the Beast of the East stacked up to some of the top teams KY and OH has to offer.

Yes and no. Trinity called us for a one year deal with them offering up 25 post game pizzas for the ride home. A GCL school did contact JC mid week last week about the possibility of playing, not sure where we are at the moment or what the exact details are. I do know that the school was not named Moeller. I did speak with Don Bucci, AD at Cardinal Mooney, about 2 weeks ago about a 2 year deal for Week 3 starting in 2015. He said that it would have to be an overnight trip and their Admin by all means tries to stay away from those games. He said that if he can garner some interest on their end that he would return a call to our AD.
T-CATS Wrote:if I were JC, call the 6A Lexington schools and Wheelersburg Oh along with Cabell Midland and Huntington High in WVA..

Midland and JC scrimmage every year and I don't think it will change to a regular season game during this contract cycle as we have signed to scrimmage them again this year.
sstack Wrote:Would be great to see this happen, but is JC willing to travel? Can't see Moeller traveling to JC and doubtful T would either. I would be surprised if Moeller was even interested in a home game with them.

We are willing to travel to those schools that will grant us a return game. I don't see Moeller being interested in traveling to East KY when they have Highlands and CCH just across the river.
JC is just suffering from the fact they are isolated from other teams that can match up with them. The other larger schools in the area are either down or has never been good. A lot of smaller schools in the area with great athletes but just not in the total number that JC has and they are mostly hesitant to hang a blowout on their kids by playing JC. I'm sure some bigger schools down the road would gladly play the Eagles but probably never in Johnson County. I keep hoping LC can get their program up enough to compete with the Eagles because it would be a short trip for visiting team and more fans would be willing to travel. That prospect will probably be on the back burner for awhile because we still have our hands full trying to catch up with Belfry.
:argue:
DALE Wrote:We are willing to travel to those schools that will grant us a return game. I don't see Moeller being interested in traveling to East KY when they have Highlands and CCH just across the river.

And the return game is the problem. Play in a bowl somewhere. Lots of programs do it on a regular basis, particularly when wanting to play other programs.
All of JC's game's next season are gonna be on Pay-Per-View.... $69.95 per game and will be broacasted by JCTV. Radio and TV commercials will cost more per second than they do during the Super Bowl.

Jim Nantz and Good Ole' Jim Ross will doing the play-by-play.

ESPN GameDay will be there for every game and Coach Corso will only pick the Golden Eagle mascot head.

Fairland coming off an 8-4 season with most of the best players back
Mastery Charter School coming of a 10-2 season
Harlan Count coming off an 11-2 season and state Simi-finals when the contract was sign
Belfry coming of a 14-1 season and 3A state champion
Perry County Central a respectable 5 A team

Before the season started if you looked at this schedule most knowledgeable football fans would have seen a good if not a difficult schedule for JC. Nowhere could you find anyone saying it was weak and JC would run the table. It turned out to be a disappointing schedule I think partly because JC was better then expected. JC had to replace 8 starters on offense including the entire back field.

Johnny Ringo for you to suggest JC to playing the likes of Louisville Trinity and Cincinnati Moeller only in away game is beyond stupid. It would take a fool to schedule a game like that. JC is looking for quality appointments that are willing to do a home and away series if not JC will continue to look out of state for the fill in home games.

I would say that JC has contact 90 % of the teams in the surrounding area trying to feel their schedule. The surrounding area consists of all the areas East of Lexington, Louisville, NK down 75 to the Tennessee Line. If you know a team that has weak 2 or 3 open in this area and wants a home and away game just post a name and number. Let’s see how many responses that are posted.
Eagle84 Wrote:Fairland coming off an 8-4 season with most of the best players back
Mastery Charter School coming of a 10-2 season
Harlan Count coming off an 11-2 season and state Simi-finals when the contract was sign
Belfry coming of a 14-1 season and 3A state champion
Perry County Central a respectable 5 A team

Before the season started if you looked at this schedule most knowledgeable football fans would have seen a good if not a difficult schedule for JC. Nowhere could you find anyone saying it was weak and JC would run the table. It turned out to be a disappointing schedule I think partly because JC was better then expected. JC had to replace 8 starters on offense including the entire back field.

Johnny Ringo for you to suggest JC to playing the likes of Louisville Trinity and Cincinnati Moeller only in away game is beyond stupid. It would take a fool to schedule a game like that. JC is looking for quality appointments that are willing to do a home and away series if not JC will continue to look out of state for the fill in home games.

I would say that JC has contact 90 % of the teams in the surrounding area trying to feel their schedule. The surrounding area consists of all the areas East of Lexington, Louisville, NK down 75 to the Tennessee Line. If you know a team that has weak 2 or 3 open in this area and wants a home and away game just post a name and number. Let’s see how many responses that are posted.

[Image: peoplescourt09a.jpg]

YES!!! I love it!!! Speak the truth!!!
5 District games
East Carter
Greenup
Rowan
Ashland
Boyd

Non District
Belfry.

Like to see maybe a;
Pulaski co
Bryan Station
Paul Dunbar
Lafeyette
N. Laurel

Even a Letcher Central or Madison Central
Lexington Catholic or Boyle co.
Eagleland Wrote:5 District games
East Carter
Greenup
Rowan
Ashland
Boyd

Non District
Belfry.

Like to see maybe a;
Pulaski co
Bryan Station
Paul Dunbar
Lafeyette
N. Laurel

Even a Letcher Central or Madison Central
Lexington Catholic or Boyle co.

I know for a fact PLD, N. Laurel, both Lex Cath and Boyle have been contacted. Pulaski was contacted as well but they wanted the week 0 filled with their bowl game, but JC has commitments to Cabell Midland and Portsmouth West for their scrimmages next season.
Lynch47 Wrote:I know for a fact PLD, N. Laurel, both Lex Cath and Boyle have been contacted. Pulaski was contacted as well but they wanted the week 0 filled with their bowl game, but JC has commitments to Cabell Midland and Portsmouth West for their scrimmages next season.

You said it pretty good back in the season......

It doesn't matter who we play.
If we beat a team, they were having an off year.
If they beat us, they are world beaters and JC has fell off the map.

4A is gonna be so weak next season...... word is they are gonna give the 3A champion part of the 4A state title and they are gonna give the 5A champ the other part.
I'd say drop Perry Central for sure. To easy of a game for JC.
UK#24 Wrote:I'd say drop Perry Central for sure. To easy of a game for JC.

Last year was our final year of the 4 year contract with Perry that was signed while Coach Haddix was there.
Hatz Wrote::argue:

And the return game is the problem. Play in a bowl somewhere. Lots of programs do it on a regular basis, particularly when wanting to play other programs.

Exactly but it shouldn't be. Why on a yearly basis run the miles and dwindle your athletic budget in transportation costs because no one wants to travel to lowly East KY? Do you think we always want to be road warriors and have the kids not play against some quality teams in front of their home crowd? We did it with Boyle and they gave us a return game. Is every other team above Boyle to not give a return game? We also have a Bowl game and will play in yours if you come play in ours.
^^
Are you guys still playing us, Dale??
Granny Bear Wrote:^^

Yes, week 4 at JC which is looking like it will be our first home game of the season.
Dale
So what teams are on the schedule and what wk?
DALE Wrote:Exactly but it shouldn't be. Why on a yearly basis run the miles and dwindle your athletic budget in transportation costs because no one wants to travel to lowly East KY? Do you think we always want to be road warriors and have the kids not play against some quality teams in front of their home crowd? We did it with Boyle and they gave us a return game. Is every other team above Boyle to not give a return game? We also have a Bowl game and will play in yours if you come play in ours.

Correct.
Granny Bear Wrote:^^

DALE Wrote:Yes, week 4 at JC which is looking like it will be our first home game of the season.

[Image: wwe_daniel_bryan___yes___wallpaper_wides...55qucm.jpg]

All I am sayin'..... Granny Bear had better bring some of that pumpkin pie!
DALE Wrote:Already have. I have talked to Coach Haddix several times.

I'm hearing the same thing....I think it will go down. :Cheerlead
CAKE!!! Pumpkin cake, doofus!!!
Eagle84 lets not start calling anyone stupid now kid. I'd like to see JC do well. I just think they need to play some teams similar or better than Covington Catholic. If it meant going to Cincinnati for just one game, I would go do it. JC is the best team east of the KY River. Go play Trinity. Go beat them on their home field if you want some true respect. JC has the kids to do it with. Go play the big boys even if its one game a year. Will only help you against Cov Cath and Highlands at the end.
Pages: 1 2 3 4