Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Will Johnson Central beef up the schedule next year?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Johnson Central is a program on the rise, whether you want to believe it or not.

I'll say it for you right now just to keep you from having to wait. Johnson Central is indeed on the rise in 4A, but that is something that is going to happen when much of what was keeping you down is no longer in the mix. No LexCath. No Boyle. No CovCath. And no Highlands. Johnson Central now has no one to blame but themselves if they don't capitalize on this opportunity. Not saying it to be a prick. The truth isn't always pretty.
The best Johnson Central can hope for is a team like Pulaski. You will never see the day for a Louisville Trinity or team of national recognition in the Commonwealth travel to Johnson County. It's no disrespect towards Johnson Central, but it just isn't worth the time for a Trinity to come down and play. They seek national championships, not state titles. Thus they schedule Indianapolis Cathedral, Moeller, Colerain, St.X, etc.
Can you dig it? Wrote:I'll say it for you right now just to keep you from having to wait. Johnson Central is indeed on the rise in 4A, but that is something that is going to happen when much of what was keeping you down is no longer in the mix. No LexCath. No Boyle. No CovCath. And no Highlands. Johnson Central now has no one to blame but themselves if they don't capitalize on this opportunity. Not saying it to be a prick. The truth isn't always pretty.
Sure. The only reason that Bowling Green was finally able to win a couple of 5A titles was that the mighty Bluebirds exited their class. It's hard to understand why a few fans of a program as successful as Highlands always feel compelled to inject themselves into threads like this one to disparage other teams. If the success of the team that you follow makes you feel superior to the rest of us, then by all means let that arrogance shine here.

I knew that a few of you Highlands fans could not wait until Johnson Central won a state title before trying to downplay its significance. I thought that you might at least hold your fire until the current season was over. :biglmao:
THOMCAT Wrote:We don't want to travel, we have to travel. The varsity has Friday or Saturday night access to our field. With varsity, junior varsity and freshman football plus girls soccer, boys soccer and middle school soccer we just struggle for field time. These teams have a lot of game and practice times that utilizes the field. If we could play at the schools I listed, we could cut our expenses in half or greater.

I'm sure you don't want to travel, but would it he worth it for a state title at the high school level? Dale said tried to schedule these games at the he high school level so it doesn't matter regardless.
DALE Wrote:I have contacted schools through both email and phone in Harrodsburg, Richmond, Louisville, Lexington, Somerset, Bell County, etc. None have dates that matched or simply decided not to respond to voicemails or emails. Week 2 next season is a definite plus as far as schedule difficulty is concerned.

I've never tried scheduling games at the high school level so I'm ignorant of the whole process. I'm sure it's not easy and I don't envy your task.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I knew that a few of you Highlands fans could not wait until Johnson Central won a state title before trying to downplay its significance. I thought that you might at least hold your fire until the current season was over. :biglmao:

:dudecomeon:Fine. I can live with my arrogance. So, why don't you explain to me your theory on why JC hasn't ascended to their rightful place as state champ to this point in history.
Boy, ain't this board loaded with a bunch of know it all genius..Of course we all already knew that the Highlands fans would just have to inject there arrogance into something they have no clue whatsoever of anything about....Did anyone ever think that when you start cancelling home games to go on the road that the revenue lost from football home games effects the whole athletic budget for every other non revenue sport for the whole school, for the whole year? Of course not.

Plain and simple, football pays the bills for everybody. That's why it's important to have a home and home agreement.

And one more thing, why would anybody even take the time to respond to jim rome?...It's more than obvious that the guy is a dumb ass moron to the core.
Eagle84 Wrote:Fairland coming off an 8-4 season with most of the best players back
Mastery Charter School coming of a 10-2 season
Harlan Count coming off an 11-2 season and state Simi-finals when the contract was sign
Belfry coming of a 14-1 season and 3A state champion
Perry County Central a respectable 5 A team

Before the season started if you looked at this schedule most knowledgeable football fans would have seen a good if not a difficult schedule for JC. Nowhere could you find anyone saying it was weak and JC would run the table. It turned out to be a disappointing schedule I think partly because JC was better then expected. JC had to replace 8 starters on offense including the entire back field.

Johnny Ringo for you to suggest JC to playing the likes of Louisville Trinity and Cincinnati Moeller only in away game is beyond stupid. It would take a fool to schedule a game like that. JC is looking for quality appointments that are willing to do a home and away series if not JC will continue to look out of state for the fill in home games.

I would say that JC has contact 90 % of the teams in the surrounding area trying to feel their schedule. The surrounding area consists of all the areas East of Lexington, Louisville, NK down 75 to the Tennessee Line. If you know a team that has weak 2 or 3 open in this area and wants a home and away game just post a name and number. Let’s see how many responses that are posted.
can you schedule East Tennessee teams like Greeneville or Morristown? or is that too far to travel?
::
Real Badman Wrote:The best Johnson Central can hope for is a team like Pulaski. You will never see the day for a Louisville Trinity or team of national recognition in the Commonwealth travel to Johnson County. It's no disrespect towards Johnson Central, but it just isn't worth the time for a Trinity to come down and play. They seek national championships, not state titles. Thus they schedule Indianapolis Cathedral, Moeller, Colerain, St.X, etc.

JC plays out of state teams also, hell they even play out of country teams. Maybe they should worry about national championships also, and not worry about state championships. :worthy:
Bob Seger Wrote:Boy, ain't this board loaded with a bunch of know it all genius..Of course we all already knew that the Highlands fans would just have to inject there arrogance into something they have no clue whatsoever of anything about....Did anyone ever think that when you start cancelling home games to go on the road that the revenue lost from football home games effects the whole athletic budget for every other non revenue sport for the whole school, for the whole year? Of course not.

Plain and simple, football pays the bills for everybody. That's why it's important to have a home and home agreement.

And one more thing, why would anybody even take the time to respond to jim rome?...It's more than obvious that the guy is a dumb ass moron to the core.

Then why have so many other programs been willing to play in a bowl game and not demand a return matchup?
Fact is Johnson central was asked to play in the Don Marshall bowl in 2015 and opponent be either Pulaski County or Southwestern and they declined. I guess because Somerset is not in Tennessee or Canada.
Hatz Wrote:Then why have so many other programs been willing to play in a bowl game and not demand a return matchup?

Who said they never played in anyone else's bowl games? I remember them playing in one at Clay Co., back to back to back.

Besides you cant play in one unless you are invited to play in one...Correct?

Do you have first hand knowledge of them being offered by someone and then declining?
Warrior 2002 Wrote:Fact is Johnson central was asked to play in the Don Marshall bowl in 2015 and opponent be either Pulaski County or Southwestern and they declined. I guess because Somerset is not in Tennessee or Canada.

Was it because they already had a commitment for that week, maybe? That kinda plays into it too....Just because you are asked to play in something doesn't mean you are always able to do on a particular date it is scheduled.
jim rome Wrote:::

JC plays out of state teams also, hell they even play out of country teams. Maybe they should worry about national championships also, and not worry about state championships. :worthy:

Says the village idiot.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Sure. The only reason that Bowling Green was finally able to win a couple of 5A titles was that the mighty Bluebirds exited their class. It's hard to understand why a few fans of a program as successful as Highlands always feel compelled to inject themselves into threads like this one to disparage other teams. If the success of the team that you follow makes you feel superior to the rest of us, then by all means let that arrogance shine here.

I knew that a few of you Highlands fans could not wait until Johnson Central won a state title before trying to downplay its significance. I thought that you might at least hold your fire until the current season was over. :biglmao:

I am not down playing anything, a title is a title and regardless of the level, each one is EARNED. You have to play with the cards you are delt.

However, this whole argruement could have been avoided if JC had moved up to 5A with HHS and CC. JC has higher enrollment numbers than both.
Warrior 2002 Wrote:Fact is Johnson central was asked to play in the Don Marshall bowl in 2015 and opponent be either Pulaski County or Southwestern and they declined. I guess because Somerset is not in Tennessee or Canada.

Fact is I was never contacted by either to play in this game, Seger and Chasin can assure you that I've made plenty of attempts to get in touch with highly regarded programs. Pulaski did call for 2014 and we said we would if they gave us a return game, they declined citing the new contract cycle. This year the Don Marshall Bowl is Week 0, we have had this week booked now for 2 years. I'm sure if they will pay the cancellation fees of our existing contract along with all the promised perks that coincide with our current commitment, then in turn provide the same compensation package offered for the bowl game then we could talk. Some people that have no idea how binding contracts work, scheduling dates or the basic Econ 101 princples of budgeting, that just bark in the wind amaze me.
Blau Vogel Wrote:However, this whole argruement could have been avoided if JC had moved up to 5A with HHS and CC. JC has higher enrollment numbers than both.

If we were not required to move up then why should we? It's not like our AD spoke on the phone with Dale and Wirth to find out what they were doing and then have us do the opposite. HHS and CC could have stayed in 4A if they chose to but they did not.
DALE Wrote:If we were not required to move up then why should we? It's not like our AD spoke on the phone with Dale and Wirth to find out what they were doing and then have us do the opposite. HHS and CC could have stayed in 4A if they chose to but they did not.

I NEVER said should and I don't think less of any team that stays in the class where their enrollment puts them rather than moving up or down. However, I did say that the argument could have been avoided with the move, that's all.
Didn't Cov Cath and Highlands jump up a class to avoid the rigors and expenses of traveling?
DALE;1844037[B Wrote:]Fact is I was never contacted by either to play in this game, Seger and Chasin can assure you that I've made plenty of attempts to get in[/B] touch with highly regarded programs. Pulaski did call for 2014 and we said we would if they gave us a return game, they declined citing the new contract cycle. This year the Don Marshall Bowl is Week 0, we have had this week booked now for 2 years. I'm sure if they will pay the cancellation fees of our existing contract along with all the promised perks that coincide with our current commitment, then in turn provide the same compensation package offered for the bowl game then we could talk. Some people that have no idea how binding contracts work, scheduling dates or the basic Econ 101 princples of budgeting, that just bark in the wind amaze me.

Hmmm, kinda kills warrior2002 "FACTS", doesn't it? Maybe he should change his name to internetwarrior2002.:biggrin:
pjdoug Wrote:can you schedule East Tennessee teams like Greeneville or Morristown? or is that too far to travel?

4 hours one way on a bus from Paintsville.
Bob Seger Wrote:Didn't Cov Cath and Highlands jump up a class to avoid the rigors and expenses of traveling?

Looking at the new alignment, I would have to guess not really. The 4A district with them would probably have been CC, Highlands, Holmes, Scott and Harrison Co. Four of those are local (less than 20 minute commute between any of them) with Harrison Co being about a one hour drive. I can't tell you exactly why they moved up but I know both have been doing it for years whenever the opportunity was available. The last (current) alignment did not allow for any movement up or down, That is why both had to go from 5A to 4A during the last realignment.
Bob Seger Wrote:4 hours one way on a bus from Paintsville.

Welcome to East Ky football in 2014 and beyond, it's what Belfry is having to do. If you want a quality game to test you this might have to be an option.
The best thing to ever come out of Johnson County is HWY 23.
Bob Seger Wrote:4 hours one way on a bus from Paintsville.

It's farther than that Bob Seger, unless your bus driver is speeding! Smile

It's 3 hours away for us, and you guys are even farther north!
Frozen Tundra Wrote:The best thing to ever come out of Johnson County is HWY 23.

Hmmm, I thought tthat he general consensus was it was the road that lead into paradise.
Granny Bear Wrote:It's farther than that Bob Seger, unless your bus driver is speeding! Smile

It's 3 hours away for us, and you guys are even farther north!

Yeah, it's a hard 4 hours indeed Granny. I can be in Morristown in a little over 3 hours, and that's hard driving...But then again I do drive a Ford...lol
Bob Seger Wrote:Hmmm, I thought tthat he general consensus was it was the road that lead into paradise.

Ashland?

Louisa?

Pikeville?

Tram?
4 facts before I go (my mom is grounding me from the computer, she caught me watching xxx videos). Fact#1 JC is badly over-rated each year. Fact#2 JC will continue to play a weak schedule. Fact#3 JC has not realized that you can throw a football. Fact #4 JC has always been Paintsville's little brother, it's going to stay that way. So JC fans on this thread, :rage: stupid
Ok, here is my question. So, Johnson Central doesn't like to travel. IF they ever make it to the state championship game, does that mean they will forfeit because they don't want to travel all the way to Bowling Green?
Pages: 1 2 3 4