Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell vs Corbin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The Redhounds of Corbin travel to the Red evils of Russell for the Region 3 Championship. Russell is the defending 2A state champions and plan on winning it again this year. Next Friday is sure to be a battle between these two teams, I'll take Corbin in this one, 24-21
What's everyone else think?
Once again Russell..not Russel.... I think that this will be a better game but as long as the Red Devils come out ready to play then they'll succeed. And if we get Seth Harvey to have a game like he had tonight for every game from now on we will have an unstoppable line.. Seth is a monster.. and tonight I was impressed by how well the defense was clicking.. So I think that it will be 36-14.
I dont believe we have ever played Corbin before.Good luck to both,but the DEVILS will shine once more...well,three more times.
Panther#42 Wrote:The Redhounds of Corbin travel to the Reddevils of Russell for the Region 3 Championship. Russell is the defending 2A state champions and plan on winning it again this year. Next Friday is sure to be a battle between these two teams, I'll take Corbin in this one, 24-21
What's everyone else think?
I think you need to learn how to spell Russell
I am seeing Russell in this one....Should be a game, thats for sure!
I'll take Russell in this one, but don't overlook Corbin.
Can a mod Vbookie this one? thanks
I think these seniors play harder than they ever have with this being their final game at the hank.

Russell 42

Corbin 14
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Can a mod Vbookie this one? thanks

No can do at this moment. Sorry.
Corbin will make a game of this. I just don't know if they have what it takes to take over the R.

Russell - 35
Corbin -21

:devilflam
Heard that Corbin is big and strong, not fast and quick, Corbin has 3367 total yards passing and running. Russell has over 3500 rushing, 1200 passing..... I think the drive will hurt them inthe long run and when they step out on IMF it will overwhelm them... Our fans are absolutely crazy right now.... Ask anyone that has come to play us recently.. I have never heard the fans get this loud before.. The Devils will pull this one off.....35-14.
Devilologist Wrote:Heard that Corbin is big and strong, not fast and quick, Corbin has 3367 total yards passing and running. Russell has over 3500 rushing, 1200 passing..... I think the drive will hurt them inthe long run and when they step out on IMF it will overwhelm them... Our fans are absolutely crazy right now.... Ask anyone that has come to play us recently.. I have never heard the fans get this loud before.. The Devils will pull this one off.....35-14.

I agree last night You could barely talk to the person right next to you it was so loud.
Russell - 35
Corbin -13
Russell by 21
Russell wins if they come out and play like against fleming
For those coming from Corbin to Russell for this game I would get off at exit 179 Industrial parkway (state route 67) off I- 64 and go north about 9 miles until reach the Argilite/Flatwoods exit. Then get off there and go right towards Flatwoods 1 mile( east) until you reach a super quick then turn right (east) at the super quick. Then you will be on state route 207 keep going straight about 5 or 6 more miles and you will be in In Flatwoods. You will see another super quick when u get in Flatwoods keep going straight it is less than a mile down to the hill you will see the lights up on top of the hill you can't miss it. That is the closest way instead of going all the way to the 181 exit.
TRAIN85 Wrote:I'll take Russell in this one, but don't overlook Corbin.
true corbin played rockcastle hard and lost 2-0 earlier in the year.
Russell
Russell 20-14
Russell will be in for one Heck of a game. Corbin is real good and I think there tough schedule will pay off.

Corbin-21
Russell-14
Russell in a blowout...I hate to say that since Corbin the high school I attended.

Russell - 44
Corbin - 14
SEKYscout Wrote:Russell in a blowout...I hate to say that since Corbin the high school I attended.

Russell - 44
Corbin - 14

Why would you say that? Have you seen them play this year? I don't know anything about them but I've heard they are good. Could you give us your thoughts on why you think it will be a blowout? I'm honestly wondering because like I said I don't know anything abouut them.
Corbin is good, but I'll go with Russell by 7+. You can't say enough about the playoff experience of Russell and playing home sure doesn't hurt either!
Ref Devil Wrote:Why would you say that? Have you seen them play this year? I don't know anything about them but I've heard they are good. Could you give us your thoughts on why you think it will be a blowout? I'm honestly wondering because like I said I don't know anything abouut them.

I'm basing my score mainly on reading I've done on Russell and the couple games I've seen Corbin play. They have a very weak offensive line that you can blitz all day long and get to Cashen or into the backfield. Corbin played in a terrible district and only made it this far because of who is in it. I'm a Corbin fan through and through, but I call them like I see them, and this could be one of the worst Corbin teams in a long while! They should be good next year, they're not losing anyone.
I've never heard much about Corbin but ill take Russell in this by a couple
Get your bet on!
My bet is on..........now come get some..... Hey MIDEE1 are you not betting your points,,, why not a big bet this time,, are ya scared...... toast those babies up and getem out there.
hah. "trample the weak, hurdle the dead." we (estill) started that!! hahaha! good to see it's still bein' put to use.
I say russell gets a fire lit on their rears by their coach like every =friday and comes out running and driving in the night sky of championship week. But their could be a upset stirin up but I take russell over 2 td's.
Russell 40

Corbin 14
Pages: 1 2 3