Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central 42 Ashland 7 Final
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
IntheZone Wrote:its not where your located its the attitude you have to make a difference or take the easy road out. Its not what you do its how you do it, Johnson County is no better than martin county theres crazy things that happen everywhere maybe more recent in MC but i promise you when things get tough what do we teach our kids to get tough and fight it out or just run to whos got the best team? well in life we cant always run to the big dogs

Listen I love Martin County. It's my home and always will be. But when the school facilities, the academics, and lastly the sports programs are a shadow of there former selfs something has to be done. Nothing has been done in Martin County other than hiring teachers, principals, coaches, and administrators that can't get the job done. The only good hire they have made is Frankie but he'll be gone shortly. You can say leave and go to the big dogs all you want. These kids have one chance to receive a good education and maybe possibly get looked at for an academic and athletic scholarship. Now do you think they'll get looked at more from a school system who is in the bottom of the state academically or one at the top. Also footballs going on now. Will they get more exposure playing for a 1-7 team or a 9-0 team. The math is simple. In order to do what's best for your child You have to make tough decisions. Moving my child was what was best for him and his future. When you have a child you will realize this. Parenting isn't easy but choosing a school system on this part of Ky is.
Where you go to school has no implication on the recruiting process going to the team camps and national combine camps get you exposure if you can play you can play. Anthony Davis was on terrible basketball teams in high school and look what happened to him. If you got the work ethic and the want to you can do anything from anywhere.
But I know you love me over here I like ya where ever your at few.
That's true in a sense I guess. But when was the last time Martin County sent anyone to any combines or anything like that. I lived it, MC just doesn't do it and you will not get looked at playing in MC. My son has been sent to national combines by JC every year in more than one sport. JC just has more resources. Talking about the class room. JC is teaching things in the 5th grade that MC isn't teaching on the 8th grade. Don't get me wrong there are things wrong with the JC school systems but there are more problems in MC and MC doesn't have the pedigree that JC has. MC can't compare with JC in anyway right now but I hope that changes because everything is better around here when MC is good. I just don't see it happening anytime soon with the hires they have made recently. Football has no future there right now and neither does baseball. Basketball will be pretty good this year and the next couple after that it will fall way off. That's because of 2 things coaching and the number of kids being lost because of the economy in MC right now. Wrestling used to be a staple of MC now they seem to not put anything in the program. Correct me if I'm wrong but don't they have more state champions in wrestling then any other sport. Academics are getting a little better but no where near good. Any parent just wants what's best for their child and every aspect is better for a child in JC right now.
IntheZone Wrote:But I know you love me over here I like ya where ever your at few.

I love ya and always will you do a awesome job over there. If they had about 10 more of you Id think about coming back lol.
Congrats JC on a dominating win. Ashland OL cant open up holes for our backs when we play a good team. This game was won in the trenches. Sucks but facts are facts. Ashland regroups and waits on Covington Holmes in 2 weeks.
fewfirstchoice Wrote:That's true in a sense I guess. But when was the last time Martin County sent anyone to any combines or anything like that. I lived it, MC just doesn't do it and you will not get looked at playing in MC. My son has been sent to national combines by JC every year in more than one sport. JC just has more resources. Talking about the class room. JC is teaching things in the 5th grade that MC isn't teaching on the 8th grade. Don't get me wrong there are things wrong with the JC school systems but there are more problems in MC and MC doesn't have the pedigree that JC has. MC can't compare with JC in anyway right now but I hope that changes because everything is better around here when MC is good. I just don't see it happening anytime soon with the hires they have made recently. Football has no future there right now and neither does baseball. Basketball will be pretty good this year and the next couple after that it will fall way off. That's because of 2 things coaching and the number of kids being lost because of the economy in MC right now. Wrestling used to be a staple of MC now they seem to not put anything in the program. Correct me if I'm wrong but don't they have more state champions in wrestling then any other sport. Academics are getting a little better but no where near good. Any parent just wants what's best for their child and every aspect is better for a child in JC right now.

They won the KHSAA state championship back to back in the mid 90's... I think 1994-1995. Then I think they won the state duals two or three times while Matney was there.
And as far as individual state wrestling champions go.... they have as many as anybody in the state.... at least 15-20, maybe more.

People have to go where the jobs are. Coal mines are closing, I'm not sure how many are left in Martin County, but I would say 75% or more are closed that was in operation ten years ago. The federal prison employes around 350-400 people, but only 100 or less are from Martin County. There really is no industry or other productive jobs in Martin County. Booth Energy can only employ so many people.

I hate seeing Sheldon Clark in the shape they are in. From the football coach situation earlier this year, to the incidents with the lockdown's at their school and having to leave their high school building and move students all around to accommodate the needs of their school system............. but Martin County loves their Cards!!! If any county in the world can overcome what they are going through.... it's Martin County.
You guys are living the dream. good luck
Pulp Fiction Wrote:My 83 year old grandfather could get 100+ yards rushing a game with the O-Line JC has.
Not too mention the blocking backs JC has.

#SizeMatters

What jumped out at me was how much the JC QB and RB's have improved on the Belly fakes. The Passing game is better this year too the JC QB is more accurate this year and puts a nice touch on the ball.
Pages: 1 2 3