Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central 42 Ashland 7 Final
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Bob Seger Wrote:What about Petrey that played for Raceland a few years ago and then went to Ohio State? I would think he might be a name that pops up in the record book somewhere.

Paul Horning?

Most I find for Pettrey is 3 FGS in a single game vs Greenup Co and 7 consecutive made FGs. Obviously not all schools submitted all categories of statistical information to the KHSAA; it seems there are some discrepancies from category to category.

http://khsaa.org/records/football/individualrecords.pdf

It is fascinating Friday night reading, though. Especially to see a few familiar names in there...
Pulp Fiction Wrote:JC DOMINATED the LOS on both sides of the ball. No question.

JC's O-Line and D-Line's looked like Men among boys tonight.

JC's D-Line blew up Ashland's game plan early.... JC's DB's and LB's were able to fly around and make plays because the JC D-Line demolished Ashland's O-Line all night.

But it doesn't matter. JC cant beat the boys up north-WYMT

:biggrin:

Sorry, had to.
My 83 year old grandfather could get 100+ yards rushing a game with the O-Line JC has.
Not too mention the blocking backs JC has.

#SizeMatters
Pulp, check your PM's.
Bob Seger Wrote:Gee thanks Pulp, I think?

Don't look at it as being old.
Look at is as having the most seniority.

Confusednicker:
JC continuing to pound who ever they play.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:It would be funnier if our friend KyRock would figure out how to insert an image rather than attaching his lame posts as a file..........

Teach me Pulpy because I can't figure out. If you don't then I will continue to post that way. Confusednicker:
honestjchsfan Wrote:KyRock I know I sound disrespectful but I am being honest. The Ashland players have nothing to be ashamed of but the Ashland Coaching staff should have to wear paper bags on theirs heads the whole bus trip home! KyRock at one point the Ashland coaching staff was ready to come to blows! Ashland has way too much talent for a rebuilding JC team to put a running lock on them!

I can respect your opinion. I was just taking it as disrespect in another way that usually comes from a select few *cough Pulpy *cough and Bobby Seger. Confusednicker:But I can respect that opinion and would have to agree. I hear the Ashland faithful are not very happy with Coach Love and I can't blame them. Way to much talent to waste. That is just my opinion which doesn't mean much.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:My 83 year old grandfather could get 100+ yards rushing a game with the O-Line JC has.
Not too mention the blocking backs JC has.

#SizeMatters

That is exactly what Bobby's girl said to me! Confusednicker:
Way to go JC !!
How many yards did Baker and Long go for??
Good win for Martin county!! I'm only kidding! congrats jc I was at the game tonight. Jc just so much More physical than Ashland. Much respect to the jc program.
bac2369 Wrote:How many yards did Baker and Long go for??

ADI had Baker as 10 carries for 20 yards. Long had a little over 70. JC outrushed the Cats 323-112. Central way too strong up front on both sides. Ashland with several offsides calls of defense trying to jump the snap and shoot the gaps.
KyRock Wrote:That kind of disrespect is what makes JC Fans look so stupid when CC spanks you. If and a Big If you happen to beat CC then FTH is going to make JC look like a youth league team. Learn some respect because your day is coming and then we will see how honest you are.

:lame::zzz:
He just said this is a rebuilding year for us...Never did he say that we were on the same level as CC or FTH. He did say that if Ashland was going to beat us it should have been this year and that surely did not happen if you had any sense. Maybe you need to take your own advice and LEARN SOME RESPECT. You are the kind of LC Fan that makes the whole area disrespect LC. :Thumbs:
Pulp Fiction Wrote:You heard it here first... JC's school record on Field Goals was set tonight by Tyler Pack..... 4/4

Now we need THOMCAT or Bob Seger to confirm it..... those two guys have been around forever.

Just because I played in the first every elementary football in Johnson County history and have watched Eagle football since their first season does not make me old...........wait a minute, it does make me old.

I have never witnessed 4 FG's by an Eagle until last night. Congrats Tyler. It could not happen for a better kid.

On a side note, I may be old but my buddy Bob Seger is actually a year older.
KyRock Wrote:That is exactly what Bobby's girl said to me! Confusednicker:

Then this is what Bobbys girl said to KYROCK:

:hilarious::closed:
THOMCAT Wrote:Just because I played in the first every elementary football in Johnson County history and have watched Eagle football since their first season does not make me old...........wait a minute, it does make me old.

I have never witnessed 4 FG's by an Eagle until last night. Congrats Tyler. It could not happen for a better kid.

On a side note, I may be old but my buddy Bob Seger is actually a year older.

I like to think that we both fit into that vintage wine category THOMCAT.Confusednicker:
On a for real note.... JC and Ashland both had WAY TOO many penalties this close to the playoffs.

And it wasn't the referee crew being flag happy. The refs called a good game....
Bob Seger Wrote:I like to think that we both fit into that vintage wine category THOMCAT.Confusednicker:

:Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs:
Diogenes Wrote:ADI had Baker as 10 carries for 20 yards. Long had a little over 70. JC outrushed the Cats 323-112. Central way too strong up front on both sides. Ashland with several offsides calls of defense trying to jump the snap and shoot the gaps.

Long's 70 was aided with a 57 yard run late in the 4th quarter after many of the starters were pulled. The D started off a little sketchy but a few adjustments were made then it was lights out. I thought JC did a good job offensively utilizing the hard count to keep those guys at bay that were causing much of the confusion early on.
This thread illustrates one of my main problems with Ashland partisans. They have been very vocal in their posts leading up to last night's game including doing a lot of smoke blowing about their vaunted offense in general and Baker in particular.

Now, the game has been played- assuming you want to call it a game rather than an execution, Baker showed nothing and appears to gild those statistics only against pansies, the overall offense resembled a church league touch football team, and those same boasting posters are in hiding.

Win or lose, partisans should stand up and be accountable. Ashland fans disappear. But, then, that is really their "tradition".
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:This thread illustrates one of my main problems with Ashland partisans. They have been very vocal in their posts leading up to last night's game including doing a lot of smoke blowing about their vaunted offense in general and Baker in particular.

Now, the game has been played- assuming you want to call it a game rather than an execution, Baker showed nothing and appears to gild those statistics only against pansies, the overall offense resembled a church league touch football team, and those same boasting posters are in hiding.

Win or lose, partisans should stand up and be accountable. Ashland fans disappear. But, then, that is really their "tradition".

Harry, Right now I would say they are just wandering around in the wilderness, desperately seeking a direction. I would say that most are still in mourning from the passing of longtime superfan, NotsoBADCAT. After such a devastating departure I think you can understand how the grieving is still an ongoing process, and that it is still going to take some time...It's not easy to replace a spiritual leader who was so versed and efficient in contacting the KHSAA over those important things like music played on the home teams loudspeakers being too loud....It's not easy to replace a legend you know. I appeal to you to be a little more compassionate and understanding.
Congratulations Johnson Central on the impressive win!!!

Pulp Fiction is starting dangerous territory, Bob Seger.....calling you old, and making fun of the GOTW!! What is he thinking???
I've been pretty quit most of the season, but in all seriousness and off handed comments aside, what on eart is wrong with Ashland this year?
You gotta take your kid to where you believe will make your child better. No question Matney is a better coach than Hager and JC school is way better also. I transferred my son form Martin County to Johnson County. I was raised MC and graduated from SC but I saw that JC is a much better opportunity for my son so I choose to transfer him there for his future. If folks gets upset about someone wanting to better their child's opportunity then I don't know what to say. I'm always going to put my child's future in front of what people think.

Congrats JC big win.
All I know is there are a lot of happy JC softball players smiling big over that whipping
its not where your located its the attitude you have to make a difference or take the easy road out. Its not what you do its how you do it, Johnson County is no better than martin county theres crazy things that happen everywhere maybe more recent in MC but i promise you when things get tough what do we teach our kids to get tough and fight it out or just run to whos got the best team? well in life we cant always run to the big dogs
IntheZone Wrote:its not where your located its the attitude you have to make a difference or take the easy road out. Its not what you do its how you do it, Johnson County is no better than martin county theres crazy things that happen everywhere maybe more recent in MC but i promise you when things get tough what do we teach our kids to get tough and fight it out or just run to whos got the best team? well in life we cant always run to the big dogs

If this were just about athletics, I'f agree 100%. But, even from aside from test scores and that sort of thing...when they actually have to condemn and shut down your county high school building because it was allowed to decay past the point of being safe, your school system's problems are far more serious than football.
the school didnt need to be shut down it was caused over a riot of parents on facebook and the newspaper saying the blasting was going to make it collapse well its still standing and the blasting is over. i agree theyre are problems at the top of the BOE. im still a firm believer in keeping my cup half full and being optimistic and as far as test score ours have steadily been rising district wide for the past 8years, all of are elementary schools are proficient or higher.
Eagle Eye Wrote:Then this is what Bobbys girl said to KYROCK:

:hilarious::closed:

It is what she said to me! That is why she is with me now and not Bobby! :biglmao:
Pages: 1 2 3