Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Williamsburg and Pikeville Best in Mountians.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
With the way this season has played out, these two may be the best in Mountians.

Pulaski is not in Mountains.

Make a case for someone else?
Belfry, Prestonsburg, Johnson Central
Pikeville has beaten two of those.
Hazard
I know but pburg was by one point in week 0 and belfry is really good. Just cause pikeville beat them does not mean theyre a bad team. Not bashing pikeville at all. Im a panther fan and very proud. But i think pikeville pburg belfry and jc are all headed to BG this year!
Pikeville beat them also.
I did not say anyone was bad. Just that these two were the best.

The kicker is I think Williamsburg will beat Pikeville.
What matchups gives u confidence on that pic?
Corbin, Bell, Knox Central, North Laurel, Johnson Central etc would all beat these two consistently.
They might pull and upset like Pikeville did against Belfry, but lose 8 out of 10
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Corbin, Bell, Knox Central, North Laurel, Johnson Central etc would all beat these two consistently.
They might pull and upset like Pikeville did against Belfry, but lose 8 out of 10

I would agree with that, but what people seem to forget - you are talking about two Class A schools in Pikeville and Williamsburg. Therefore, they SHOULD lose on a regular basis to 3A and 4A schools. Yeah, both are at the level they might steal one every now and then, but I still find it humorous that 4A schools are irritated because a Class A school won't play them. I don't know.
Mastadon89 Wrote:I know but pburg was by one point in week 0 and belfry is really good. Just cause pikeville beat them does not mean theyre a bad team. Not bashing pikeville at all. Im a panther fan and very proud. But i think pikeville pburg belfry and jc are all headed to BG this year!

I don't think so :dontthink
Live Maroon Wrote:I would agree with that, but what people seem to forget - you are talking about two Class A schools in Pikeville and Williamsburg. Therefore, they SHOULD lose on a regular basis to 3A and 4A schools. Yeah, both are at the level they might steal one every now and then, but I still find it humorous that 4A schools are irritated because a Class A school won't play them. I don't know.

True. I'm not sure why larger schools would want to step down. They have nothing to gain but embarrassment if they lose. If a 5A team wins 19 out of 20 against a 1A people will only remember that one game.
Paul Crewe Wrote:With the way this season has played out, these two may be the best in Mountians.

will Whitley County be Mountain top 10 if they win district championship? Smile
Here we go again ......why is so important for you to be declared number one or the best ?But until you WIN a state title then it's just a good season for you and your fans....don't force this on the rest of us. Williamsburg and Pikeville fans are messing this years football for the rest of us by declaring them world beaters or the best of all time. I'm not trying to hate Williamsburg and Pikeville are both playing great football but your making it hard for me to pull for either of them. So here's my hate maybe best in mountains this year but they are both a 21 point underdog in final game
I think this year pikeville is definitely in discussion for the top 2, however I think a couple teams may have an edge over Williamsburg? Belfry and Johnson Central would both beat Williamsburg pretty handily and I'm also not so sure Prestonsburg wouldn't beat them either? Williamsburg was a state runner up last year but didn't do a great job at representing the mountains, but I think Mayfield had a lot to do with that also? One reason I think those teams would beat Williamsburg is based off of them losing 98% of their offensive yardage to graduation. Its easy to say that his replacement is better and blah blah blah, but there is nothing to back that up and there isn't a game on their schedule that would allow us to see their offense against a top rated defense. I don't forsee them getting back to bowling green, but if they do it will be another blow out, because once again these players haven't had a chance to get experience against top level competition. I wish them luck but even if something happens and pikeville gets upset, you're still probably going to see a Raceland or Hazard in the state title game?
baseball1974 Wrote:I think this year pikeville is definitely in discussion for the top 2, however I think a couple teams may have an edge over Williamsburg? Belfry and Johnson Central would both beat Williamsburg pretty handily and I'm also not so sure Prestonsburg wouldn't beat them either? Williamsburg was a state runner up last year but didn't do a great job at representing the mountains, but I think Mayfield had a lot to do with that also? One reason I think those teams would beat Williamsburg is based off of them losing 98% of their offensive yardage to graduation. Its easy to say that his replacement is better and blah blah blah, but there is nothing to back that up and there isn't a game on their schedule that would allow us to see their offense against a top rated defense. I don't forsee them getting back to bowling green, but if they do it will be another blow out, because once again these players haven't had a chance to get experience against top level competition. I wish them luck but even if something happens and pikeville gets upset, you're still probably going to see a Raceland or Hazard in the state title game?

How would it be an upset if Pikeville got beat? I always thought you are the best until someone beats you. Williamburg is the best in the East in Single A until someone beats them. Then again I think that would be an upset. Time will tell, Williamsburg will first have to get past Hazard and then worry about who is next.
tvtimeout Wrote:How would it be an upset if Pikeville got beat? I always thought you are the best until someone beats you. Williamburg is the best in the East in Single A until someone beats them. Then again I think that would be an upset. Time will tell, Williamsburg will first have to get past Hazard and then worry about who is next.

That's not always the case in high school? I've seen teams play in a state title game one year and then the next year win only a couple of games. That would like saying that team is still the best until someone beats them in the playoffs? Pikeville has earned recognition this year, Williamsburg has not. Having an undefeated season with that schedule is not proving anything to anyone, especially themselves. Other teams have proven themselves capable against top notch competition and therefore deserve an edge. In high school you have to go year by year. You can't base their level of greatness off of last season, mainly because their entire offensive output isn't there anymore. If they had the exact same team and the exact same players that scored all their touchdowns and gained all their yardage then I'd probably agree with you? However, their main player they leaned on to gain yardage last season is gone and his replacement hasn't proven himself against anyone.
Anyone who says Williamsburg lost 98% of their offense has not seen Williamsburg either year. Sizemore was a great quarterback. Skyler is a great quarterback. The difference is Massey. 1974 how many times have you seen Williamsburg play? The addition of Massey has balanced Williamsburg's offense. The quarterback's are a push and Massey has replaced Skyler as a playmaker. It is flawed logic to say Williamsburg lost 98% of their offense. Wide reciever is the only place Williamsburg is not as good or better than last year. Williamsburg wishes it had Sizemore back but the addition of Massey has neutralized that loss.
Baseball first I want you to know that we here in Williamsburg are just glad to be here we will just take this game at A time, Everybody knows that Pikeville is the best team in the state, and there is just not any one that would dare to challenge them, so now on the way to them we have A problem it is called HAZARD, you remember them they came very close to pulling off the greatest upset of all time they almost beat the almighty Pikeville. This year. Now that I got that out of the way I want to tell you that if we do upset Hazard, then we will be faced with Paintsville, Raceland, or Pikeville. We are so much the under dog we just hope we can beat Hazard. If Williamsburg does have the opportunity to play Raceland, Paintsville or the Pikeville team. We are not intimidated not one bit, Why should we be we will just be happy to be there, You give it your best shot. Williamsburg scared of Pikeville that is A joke. You bring your best shot, poor old Williamsburg will just have to do the best we can.
I think Paintsville, or Raceland Will be the team that Williamsburg will have to face if we get that far, I don't think anybody is afraid of Pikeville.
I thought the burg was the best team of all classes in the state. Isn't that right Top Nitch?
baseball1974 Wrote:That's not always the case in high school? I've seen teams play in a state title game one year and then the next year win only a couple of games. That would like saying that team is still the best until someone beats them in the playoffs? Pikeville has earned recognition this year, Williamsburg has not. Having an undefeated season with that schedule is not proving anything to anyone, especially themselves. Other teams have proven themselves capable against top notch competition and therefore deserve an edge. In high school you have to go year by year. You can't base their level of greatness off of last season, mainly because their entire offensive output isn't there anymore. If they had the exact same team and the exact same players that scored all their touchdowns and gained all their yardage then I'd probably agree with you? However, their main player they leaned on to gain yardage last season is gone and his replacement hasn't proven himself against anyone.

baseball1974... I really want you to sleep Confusedleep:good for the next 6 weeks. Just think about this and replacement QB Skyler Griffith number in 8 games this year..In 7 of the 8 games replacement QB Skyler Griffith has only play an avg of 2qtr this season.

Skyler Griffith 56 rush attemp for 556yd ... avg 9.7yd a run ..12td
Skyler Griffith passing yard 1506..22td

Replacement number looks pretty good...I predict back during the summer if skyler griffith can stay healthy and pass for 2000yd and rush 1000yd williamsburg would be back in bowling green....Guess what williamsburg is going back to bowling green. :truestory:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Corbin, Bell, Knox Central, North Laurel, Johnson Central etc would all beat these two consistently.

Got to disagree with this, and All due respect to Belfry. They are a fine team, and look for them to be in BG. Now, having said that, if you had seen the game you would know that Pikeville EARNED that win. Come on Gut, give this team credit, they're not playing like a single A team. I don't think they upset anyone on their schedule.
Big Five-0- Wrote:[/B]

Got to disagree with this, and All due respect to Belfry. They are a fine team, and look for them to be in BG. Now, having said that, if you had seen the game you would know that Pikeville EARNED that win. Come on Gut, give this team credit, they're not playing like a single A team. I don't think they upset anyone on their schedule.

Nobody said they didn't earn that win. It was a great game. But to think Pikeville could beat a healthy Belfry team more than 2 out of 10 times this year is stretching it.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Nobody said they didn't earn that win. It was a great game. But to think Pikeville could beat a healthy Belfry team more than 2 out of 10 times this year is stretching it.

Everybody's got one. Here's mine, this season's Pikeville team would beat a healthy Belfry team 50% of the time. Again that's my opinion.

I do not agree with you and I can give you reasons why, Pm onley.
Paul Crewe Wrote:With the way this season has played out, these two may be the best in Mountians.

Paul Crewe I think you are exatly right it takes A lot to say that but, I think you are right.
mysonis55 Wrote:I thought the burg was the best team of all classes in the state. Isn't that right Top Nitch?

If that is what you say, No team has beaten them yet. We have to take them 1 team at A time.
baseball1974 Wrote:I think this year pikeville is definitely in discussion for the top 2, however I think a couple teams may have an edge over Williamsburg? Belfry and Johnson Central would both beat Williamsburg pretty handily and I'm also not so sure Prestonsburg wouldn't beat them either? Williamsburg was a state runner up last year but didn't do a great job at representing the mountains, but I think Mayfield had a lot to do with that also? One reason I think those teams would beat Williamsburg is based off of them losing 98% of their offensive yardage to graduation. Its easy to say that his replacement is better and blah blah blah, but there is nothing to back that up and there isn't a game on their schedule that would allow us to see their offense against a top rated defense. I don't forsee them getting back to bowling green, but if they do it will be another blow out, because once again these players haven't had a chance to get experience against top level competition. I wish them luck but even if something happens and pikeville gets upset, you're still probably going to see a Raceland or Hazard in the state title game?

You are full of Bull shi@@ Williamsburg may not make it to BG But all those reasons are just like I said Bull Sh@@, Different team that has improved,

I have one thing to say about all your predications, HAVE YOU SEEN WILLIAMSBURG PLAY THIS YEAR???????
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6