Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Somerset @ Middlesboro 10/24
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
A winless but much improving Somerset team will travel to the crater to battle a struggling 3-4-1 Middlesboro squad on senior night.. Middlesboro has dropped 4 straight now... Even though I still think Middlesboro just needs a few minor adjustments all their losses have been by 11 points,6 points, 13 points, and a 18 point loss to LCA but throughout the whole game it really never got out of reach until the last few mins of that one... Just wanting predictions do you think Mboro will turn it around this week, Or is this Somerset oppurtunity to capitalize on a struggling team and pick up a win??

My prediction only because it is senior night and we have a ton of them

Middlesboro-27
Somerset-7
Going to pick middlesboro for some reason, I still think they can turn their season around and make a run in 2A. GO Jackets

Middlesboro 28
Somerset 21

:pondering:
I think the Jumpers win this one 19-12.... Should be a great game!
We know Barton will not play, what about Doan, will he be able to suit up this week?
Somerset with first win of season!
First win and a 3 seed for Somerset..
Middlesboro needs to go back to the Sr. QB if they want to get anywhere in the playoffs this year.
Somerset-20
Middlesboro-6
Somerset picks up there 1st win of the season.

Somerset 21
Middlesboro 13
Bunnies by 1
Doan will have a week and half of practice in with these bunnies and will have a break out game. Somerset has beat Middlesboro 3 straight times and I think it will be #4. Either team will be a hard out in the play-offs don't care who they play.
Middlesboro has absolutely imploded. They only beat Somerset if they have the refs in their pockets and someone "accidentally" leaves a water hose running all day and night the night before the game on the field. That might negate Doan some. And it isn't the kids fault. Sounds like Mboro admins have no one to blame but themselves for running off a decent coach.
I am for both teams n I guess A tie.
If Doan plays somerset will win, if he don't play middlesboro will win
Somerset - 27

Middlesboro - 20
Somerset!
Middlesboro 21-14
Somerset is four points away from being first place in the district, I hope they get over the hump this week, they've improved dramatically from the beginning of the season, just gotta put it all together for four quarters.
both teams have had rough seasons.
JumperPride1 Wrote:Somerset is four points away from being first place in the district, I hope they get over the hump this week, they've improved dramatically from the beginning of the season, just gotta put it all together for four quarters.

I look for them to have a breakout game against middlesboro. They haven't been able to buy a break this year and should have gotten their first win last week against a team that embarrassed middlesboro. They have improved a lot this season every week, especially the last three or four games. I would not be surprised to see somerset beat Middlesboro by three or more scores? Middlesboro is down mentally and hasn't seem to be able to recover from that? Add that variable along with it being the last game and Somerset improving like they have, and I think middlesboro will be on their heels all night? Not too mention, as bad as Middlesboro is against the run, I don't see them being able to slow down their offense, especially after Somerset put up 260 yards running the ball against Danville? Somerset could possibly put a running clock on them if they get a few breaks?
27-21 Somerset.
Wildcat18 Wrote:27-21 Somerset.

somerset is the better team at this point, they should win
What does it matter if either team wins.
As much as the briarjumper faithful wants this win... I really don't think the players are that enthused about it !! First, I DISAGREE and CAN NOT UNDERSTAND how the Doan kid leaves to play across town and is back home just in time for the playoffs..... can you say convenient!!! Furthermore, the KHSAA is very soft IMO for this decision.
How is the Doan kid able to play ???
topnotch Wrote:What does it matter if either team wins.

A three seed keeps either away from Pburg in round one. I find that very important, it does "matter."
baseball1974 Wrote:I look for them to have a breakout game against middlesboro. They haven't been able to buy a break this year and should have gotten their first win last week against a team that embarrassed middlesboro. They have improved a lot this season every week, especially the last three or four games. I would not be surprised to see somerset beat Middlesboro by three or more scores? Middlesboro is down mentally and hasn't seem to be able to recover from that? Add that variable along with it being the last game and Somerset improving like they have, and I think middlesboro will be on their heels all night? Not too mention, as bad as Middlesboro is against the run, I don't see them being able to slow down their offense, especially after Somerset put up 260 yards running the ball against Danville? Somerset could possibly put a running clock on them if they get a few breaks?

[Image: tumblr_mxx55k4bFJ1qf3020o1_500.gif]
middlesboro by 28!!!
Somerset-13

Middlesboro-28
ALLEY CAT Wrote:As much as the briarjumper faithful wants this win... I really don't think the players are that enthused about it !! First, I DISAGREE and CAN NOT UNDERSTAND how the Doan kid leaves to play across town and is back home just in time for the playoffs..... can you say convenient!!! Furthermore, the KHSAA is very soft IMO for this decision.

You apparently don't follow the news outlets very closely. His situation was very unique. He most definitely should've been declared eligible, khsaa got this one right.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5