Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Somerset @ Middlesboro 10/24
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
What does it matter if they have Doan, McWilliams, or Barry Sanders for that matter they will just come out and throw the shit out of it to their freshman and sophmore wr's. If they would run read option with hatcher, mcwilliams and doan and play action off it they would be unstopable here through the region. That being said I'll still take my Briar Jumpers 35-21
WETSU Wrote:What does it matter if they have Doan, McWilliams, or Barry Sanders for that matter they will just come out and throw the shit out of it to their freshman and sophmore wr's. If they would run read option with hatcher, mcwilliams and doan and play action off it they would be unstopable here through the region. That being said I'll still take my Briar Jumpers 35-21

If I were coach the only type option I would need is Doan left or Doan right. Give him the ball 25 times a game and Somerset will be playing in the regional championship.
[quote=Cellking]Be careful what you wish for !!!!! Doan was laser times 4.5:rockon::rockon:[/QUOI
Okay then LCA must have kids that can run 4.6 because they had no problem running him down, Maybe they need to be timed with this magical "laser" I will admit somerset is the best 0-8 team in the history of 0-8 teams and they are on the cusp of being region champ should hae a running clock against middlesboro.
And one more thing before we move on to this weeks games, somerset shouldn't have beaten LCA, after LCA adjusted their defense for somersets short passing game at halftime they pretty much shut them down. LCA scored 19 unanswered points and double somerset yardage in the second half not the mention the points they left on the field by not kicking field goals in the first half, so this this 4 point from being the district champ is crazy who couldn't cherry pick plays and say the same thing.
ok somebody finally gets it!! the line somerset lost last year is huge difference in this years team. doan had 7 carries for 10 yards to the right and to the left, why did'nt he bust one?
line thats why. his top run was 6 yards and had 4 yards on the other 6 carries! with more practice this week and getting better on blocking assignments i would say the speed doan and toughness of mcwilliams will be hard to stop!
RTL Wrote:And one more thing before we move on to this weeks games, somerset shouldn't have beaten LCA, after LCA adjusted their defense for somersets short passing game at halftime they pretty much shut them down. LCA scored 19 unanswered points and double somerset yardage in the second half not the mention the points they left on the field by not kicking field goals in the first half, so this this 4 point from being the district champ is crazy who couldn't cherry pick plays and say the same thing.

Let's not be over zealous, jumpers had the lead in that game for 46 minutes, just couldn't finish. Several drops and a big turnover accounted for the inability to finish. Jumpers are getting better, and LCA has improved certainly but the jumpers loss was a result of missed tackles and drops. Whitman had a great game, kids a nice player, that's taking nothing away from him at all.
RTL Wrote:[quote=Cellking]Be careful what you wish for !!!!! Doan was laser times 4.5:rockon::rockon:[/QUOI
Okay then LCA must have kids that can run 4.6 because they had no problem running him down, Maybe they need to be timed with this magical "laser" I will admit somerset is the best 0-8 team in the history of 0-8 teams and they are on the cusp of being region champ should hae a running clock against middlesboro.

Running him down? He never seen open field on 7 carries. Trust me if he broke lose there wasn't anyone on the field for LCA that would've been within 10 yards. Whitman had a good game not taking abytgibg away from him at all. Big is big. With that said I would love to see a rematch of the two!
Missed tackle and drops, really ? what team that has ever lost a game didn't have that , I guess the missed tackles,drops and turnovers that LCA had didn't count towards the final outcome of the game. I am sorry,not a lot of missed tackles more whitman running over people but a lot of teams play well in first half,LCA doubled the yardage and TOP and scored 19 unanswered points in the second half. somerset is better no doubt but don't act like LCA didn't do anything to win it was all somerset mistakes which is very misleading and untrue.
RTL Wrote:Missed tackle and drops, really ? what team that has ever lost a game didn't have that , I guess the missed tackles,drops and turnovers that LCA had didn't count towards the final outcome of the game. I am sorry,not a lot of missed tackles more whitman running over people but a lot of teams play well in first half,LCA doubled the yardage and TOP and scored 19 unanswered points in the second half. somerset is better no doubt but don't act like LCA didn't do anything to win it was all somerset mistakes which is very misleading and untrue.

I said Whitman played an outstanding game. If Somerset catches the two fades that were wide open in the third and mid fourth this game is never in question. That's the truth. Lca is much better than the past two year certainly, but they beat what is regarded by many as one of the worst Shs teams to dawn the jersey by one point, and even though they've improved big time they still have a long way to go. Heck lca had to fake a punt and catch a 3rd and forever moon ball to get in position on their scoring drive for the go ahead TD with 2 minutes left. Sorry if I'm unimpressed by lca.
Somerset loses by 7 . Doan can't do it all and he doesn't have much help.
It cracks me up when I see people throwing 40 times around like that? Somebody else earlier in the year claimed somebody in eastern KY ran a legit 4.3 40, and now this kid at a 4.5? If that is true he'd be listed among the top recruits in the country? I think they had one maybe two kids in this year's recruiting class that ran close to a 4.3, and the rest of the top 50 skill player recruits were ranging anywhere from 4.46-4.7, and actually most of the top 10 were in the 4.46-and up range. So that would put him in that same class of athletes that are being recruited by the SEC and the other major five conferences? Doesn't quite seem accurate?

Don't get me wrong 4.5 is much more believable than a 4.3, but I still haven't seen that type of speed? I think if some of them had ever seen a true 4.3 or 4.4 then they wouldn't be so quick to throw numbers around like that?
JumperPride1 Wrote:I said Whitman played an outstanding game. If Somerset catches the two fades that were wide open in the third and mid fourth this game is never in question. That's the truth. Lca is much better than the past two year certainly, but they beat what is regarded by many as one of the worst Shs teams to dawn the jersey by one point, and even though they've improved big time they still have a long way to go. Heck lca had to fake a punt and catch a 3rd and forever moon ball to get in position on their scoring drive for the go ahead TD with 2 minutes left. Sorry if I'm unimpressed by lca.

I will give some of you somerset fans credit, you are the Chamiopin of the " what if" game, I see " fantasy island " must still be big on cable down there.
RTL Wrote:I will give some of you somerset fans credit, you are the Chamiopin of the " what if" game, I see " fantasy island " must still be big on cable down there.

In the defense of the Somerset fans, I recall reading a few excuses after paintsville beat LCA regarding injuries as well as a few "what if" scenerios.
RTL Wrote:I will give some of you somerset fans credit, you are the Chamiopin of the " what if" game, I see " fantasy island " must still be big on cable down there.

At the end of the day lca beat a (then) 0-7 football team by one point and trailed for 46 minutes... And it's still the first time they've ever beaten the jumpers. Thump your chest there RTL, I don't see it happening often.

Pretty good highlight of Doan. I think Somerset fans know speed, Cheuvront, Lange, Doan, storm wilson. They've had their fair share, enough to know what it looks like when they see it, so yes 4.5 kid on a clock and I have no doubts.
No excuses was given for getting beat not at all, actually it's the best thing that could have happend to them. LCA was final getting healthy and played much better in second half, that was all that was said ,no" what if " where given, and there is difference talking about that than basicly reversing every play in game and saying it was their mistake rather than the other team.
JumperPride1 Wrote:

Pretty good highlight of Doan. I think Somerset fans know speed, Cheuvront, Lange, Doan, storm wilson. They've had their fair share, enough to know what it looks like when they see it, so yes 4.5 kid on a clock and I have no doubts.

He has very quick feet and good lateral movement but he is probably more around the 4.7 range? His feet can sometimes make him look faster than he is, but he does NOT have Division 1 speed. I'm not trying to be rude but if you're not familiar with what a 4.5 looks like then its easy to throw that number around? A 4.5 for this kid is not accurate and like I said it is most likely a 4.7? He's a good little runner, but you're comparing his speed with the top skill position recruits in the country and that is just not accurate.
JumperPride1 Wrote:

Well pretty sure he got run down in the video u just showed, and further more he doesn't run a 4.5 , you do not know what that looks like, sorry inflated 40 times are the norm in high school. I think maybe you should change that creed song on the video to another creed song " what if?"
baseball1974 Wrote:He has very quick feet and good lateral movement but he is probably more around the 4.7 range? His feet can sometimes make him look faster than he is, but he does NOT have Division 1 speed. I'm not trying to be rude but if you're not familiar with what a 4.5 looks like then its easy to throw that number around? A 4.5 for this kid is not accurate and like I said it is most likely a 4.7? He's a good little runner, but you're comparing his speed with the top skill position recruits in the country and that is just not accurate.

You're watching a freshman highlight. And I'm very familiar with speed.
RTL Wrote:Well pretty sure he got run down in the video u just showed, and further more he doesn't run a 4.5 , you do not know what that looks like, sorry inflated 40 times are the norm in high school. I think maybe you should change that creed song on the video to another creed song " what if?"

Didn't make the video, found it online. He got run down with a good angle and by Danville yep, the speed in the open field against Belfry and SW was very good.
If Somerset played their district over with Doan things would be alot different. Those 1-2 pt losses would be 6-7 pt wins.
(Somerset loses by 7 . Doan can't do it all and he doesn't have much help.)

So Funny! Doan wasn't in a Somerset Jersey vs Danville at Danville which somerset won and got screwed out of!! He had 10 yards in the LCA game and WE LOST 22-21.Your Full of Doan! I truly HOPE Doan helps Hatcher,MCWilliams, Reynolds,and the Cornetts and some games are WON IN THE PLAYOFFS. BUT he's not all that!! Doan had a big strong line at 5A SWHS AND ITS NOT THE SAME AT 2A SOMERSET. I THINK WE GOT TO SEE THAT LAST FRIDAY!!! WHEN THE DEFENSE IS IN THE BACKFIELD YOU HAVE TO BE STRONG ENOUGH TO BREAK SOME TACKLES PERIOD!
Frozen Tundra Wrote:If Somerset played their district over with Doan things would be alot different. Those 1-2 pt losses would be 6-7 pt wins.

I enjoy reading "you don't know speed" "you don't know what 4.5 looks like." As if you're the only person in the entire world thag can verify "true speed". Do you have any idea the difference from 4.3 to 4.5? Just because someone claims a 4.5 doesn't mean they should be placed on the levle of a 4.3. I was there when he ran a laser 4.5, do I think he's a 4.5 at this point? No I don't. 4.6-4.7 is more accurate after the injury and weight gained on the offseason. 40 times carry entirely too much weight anyways.
Back to the original thread topic, I hope the jumpers perform well on Friday. They've improved big time, it'd be a shame if they couldn't pull at least one out. Definitely not fair for the kid to put so much pressure on Jordan, it's a team game and all 11 gotta be playing well this time of year to move on. I don't care who carries them, just want to see them win a couple and carry some positive momentum into the off season
So is he a 4.5 or not? You already back tracking you said early he ran a 4.5 , now you saying 4.6-4.7. I been to enough college camps and combine to know when a local or coach says a kid runs a 4.5 it's really a 4.7, and if he is really that fast, he usually does not have to run because he already got a scholarship and been timed by reliable source. Once again alot of "what if " and " this one time at band camp" type comments , your record is what your record says it is . Good luck against the jackets
Man I'm glad all that crap about LCA and Danville is over. Jumpers play at the Crater Friday last time I looked, I don't care what happens at Danville Friday night. I only care what happens at Middlesboro. It will take a team effort to beat a team loaded with talent. I for one care only about this game and the out come. Go Jumpers!!!!
baseball1974 Wrote:He has very quick feet and good lateral movement but he is probably more around the 4.7 range? His feet can sometimes make him look faster than he is, but he does NOT have Division 1 speed. I'm not trying to be rude but if you're not familiar with what a 4.5 looks like then its easy to throw that number around? A 4.5 for this kid is not accurate and like I said it is most likely a 4.7? He's a good little runner, but you're comparing his speed with the top skill position recruits in the country and that is just not accurate.
Agree. He's definitely not faster than Cody Estep of Pikeville, and I would put Cody in the true 4.5 to high 4.5 range. Both appear to be shifty and tough as nails. Doan is an impressive back, for sure, and I have no doubt Somerset is happy to have him back.
Football Fan 2014 Wrote:(Somerset loses by 7 . Doan can't do it all and he doesn't have much help.)

So Funny! Doan wasn't in a Somerset Jersey vs Danville at Danville which somerset won and got screwed out of!! He had 10 yards in the LCA game and WE LOST 22-21.Your Full of Doan! I truly HOPE Doan helps Hatcher,MCWilliams, Reynolds,and the Cornetts and some games are WON IN THE PLAYOFFS. BUT he's not all that!! Doan had a big strong line at 5A SWHS AND ITS NOT THE SAME AT 2A SOMERSET. I THINK WE GOT TO SEE THAT LAST FRIDAY!!! WHEN THE DEFENSE IS IN THE BACKFIELD YOU HAVE TO BE STRONG ENOUGH TO BREAK SOME TACKLES PERIOD!

He had 7 touches. The kid practiced one day. I agree it's a team sport and one player can't do it all, however one player can make a difference. McWilliams and the Cornetts are heck of players and very exciting to watch adding Jordan to the mix just makes for good football. LCA had a monster back and didn't do much when SSH was in their backfield. You can't expect any back regardless of strength to do much when there's no blocking. You clearly have a very low football IQ. That big strong line at SWHS you're referring to went up against big strong 5A defensive lines every week, he still produced right at 100 a game on average. I guess he did that without a broken tackle or YAC (yards after contact). Any back needs more than a handful of carries to get going so thats unfair to even say he's not all that. So, enough about last weeks game and the new addition. Somerset is glad to have him and I know he's happy to be back. I hope to see somerset make a deep run because I love watching this team play.
Well I don't know which part of the game LCA game SSH was in the backfield because Whitman had no carries that where for a loss and he rushed for 240 yards and three touchdown " didn't do much" man those are high standards, You clearly shouldnt be throwing around football IQ comments. 2014 Fantsy island Lake Cumberland edition
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5