Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Christopher Columbus (FL) 38 Highlands 34
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Highlands came back down 28-7 to make it a game.

If Hoge is 100%, this is a ball game. He re-injured his ankle on the second play from scrimmage and still played some on it.
Highlands was down 28-7 at the half but made the game interesting in the second half. CC got conservative trying to burn clock and it almost came back to bite them them in the butt. Highlands failed to recover a pooched kickoff in the final minute and CC runs out the clock. There is no shame in losing to CC. Kudos to both teams for a great game.
Losing to Christopher Columbus would be like losing to Scott Co. or Bowling Green. Unacceptable by Highlands standards.
TongueirateSho
whatevs... birds showed what theyre made of... and I mean that it in a positive light.... CC was big and fast... more like a Trinity or Moeller than SC or BG. To come back after that shows true character... the Birds might lose to Elder but I think they are state championship team.
mayfield_9 Wrote:Losing to Christopher Columbus would be like losing to Scott Co. or Bowling Green. Unacceptable by Highlands standards.
TongueirateSho

CC would destroy Scott County or Bowling Green. Highlands might have won this game big had Hoge not been hurt.
WideRight05 Wrote:CC would destroy Scott County or Bowling Green. Highlands might have won this game big had Hoge not been hurt.

Christopher Columbus would've had a running clock in the 1st Q, had Dora the Explorer not been injured.
This is a big time team out of Florida. No reason for Highlands to feel bad about this one at all.
WideRight05 Wrote:CC would destroy Scott County or Bowling Green. Highlands might have won this game big had Hoge not been hurt.

:hilarious:

Highlands showing they are an average team at best.
Be glad Boyle and Lex Cath are horrible.

Highlands may go down to Johnsonville this year.
No danger of Highlands losing to anyone in Kentucky this year.

^^^but they didn't...
First of all Bowling Green has been best team in state for several years. So CC doesn't blow them out. Great comeback by Birds. But if CC just stays with the game plan theres no great comeback Hoge or no Hoge. And I love Beau This team got blow out in their only loss. And it was just a game. Like football is. And doesn't mean anything What can you do for me when it really counts???
RunItUpTheGut Wrote::hilarious:

Highlands showing they are an average team at best.
Be glad Boyle and Lex Cath are horrible.

Highlands may go down to Johnsonville this year.

You normally have pretty good posts, but this one is pretty silly! How by playing toe to toe to a very good Fl. team do the show they are average at best? NO team in 4A will be anywhere close to as good as this team. This game today made a lot of HHS fans very happy about their chances at another title! How do you figure they go down to Johnsonville? If JC beats CCH does HHS have to travel this year? I would not be surprised if JC beats CCH this year.

Game was winnable today but HHS came out a little flat to start the game and too many mistakes. This team needs to protect Hoge, if he goes down their offense takes a huge hit. Offense did not do much on the couple series he was out today. HHS also needs to work on improving the special teams a little.
I do have to say I am disappointed in Lex Cath this year, I thought they were going to be much better. And Boyle does not stand a chance against HHS with their style of offense. I think Owensboro will met up with them in Champ game, and I would be shocked if they are anywhere close to the team this Fl. team was today!
I heard it is a ghost town in Fort Thomas tonight!!!
Maybe Highlands should watch a SK game and learn to play 4 quarters of football?
UK1fan Wrote:I heard it is a ghost town in Fort Thomas tonight!!!

Far from it, everybody enjoyed a good game! Would have liked the victory but Beats a boring blowout game and can only help make the team better!
sstack Wrote:Far from it, everybody enjoyed a good game! Would have liked the victory but Beats a boring blowout game and can only help make the team better!

How does it make your team better when your starting qb is hurt? And you have Holmes, Elder and Warren Central coming up?
sstack Wrote:You normally have pretty good posts, but this one is pretty silly! How by playing toe to toe to a very good Fl. team do the show they are average at best? NO team in 4A will be anywhere close to as good as this team. This game today made a lot of HHS fans very happy about their chances at another title! How do you figure they go down to Johnsonville? If JC beats CCH does HHS have to travel this year? I would not be surprised if JC beats CCH this year.

Game was winnable today but HHS came out a little flat to start the game and too many mistakes. This team needs to protect Hoge, if he goes down their offense takes a huge hit. Offense did not do much on the couple series he was out today. HHS also needs to work on improving the special teams a little.
I do have to say I am disappointed in Lex Cath this year, I thought they were going to be much better. And Boyle does not stand a chance against HHS with their style of offense. I think Owensboro will met up with them in Champ game, and I would be shocked if they are anywhere close to the team this Fl. team was today!

Look at who I replied to and understand the sarcasm.
TongueirateSho

Somebody has to cancel out the Highlands troll.
Simon Kenton would beat Highlands by 60
This was far from a University Christian team. Bigger and more horses in the stable. Game was never in doubt even though Highlands represented. They were simply overmatched. This Florida team owned the secondary and the QB was the real deal. No pressure was put on him the entire game. The fact that Highlands put up the points they did against this fast squad is a testament to the state caliber worthiness of the Bluebirds. They didn't quit. It was a fun game in the second half but contrary to other's opinions, it was never in doubt. CC would have been better suited playing a GCL squad in Ohio than the Birds.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Simon Kenton would beat Highlands by 60

I doubt it, Im pretty sure SK has never scored 60 or beatn Highlands.
UK1fan Wrote:Maybe Highlands should watch a SK game and learn to play 4 quarters of football?

Maybe SK should watch a Highlands season and learn how to win a state championship? How many state championships does SK have? Oh yeah its ZERO. Highlands has more undefeated teams than SK has playoff wins. I cant wait till next year when those neers walk into Highlands backyard and find out what real football is all about again. The best part is a very down Highlands year is still better than SK's best year ever.
birdman44 Wrote:Maybe SK should watch a Highlands season and learn how to win a state championship? How many state championships does SK have? Oh yeah its ZERO. Highlands has more undefeated teams than SK has playoff wins. I cant wait till next year when those neers walk into Highlands backyard and find out what real football is all about again. The best part is a very down Highlands year is still better than SK's best year ever.

Your in for a rude awakening next year!
mayfield_9 Wrote:Losing to Christopher Columbus would be like losing to Scott Co. or Bowling Green. Unacceptable by Highlands standards.
TongueirateSho

No loss is acceptable by Highlands standards.
Highlands schedule will do nothing but pay them dividends later this season. IMO we just seen the best team we will play this year. A win would have been nice but taking a top 10 8A to the wire is no joke.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Simon Kenton would beat Highlands by 60

bull poop
Can you dig it? Wrote:No loss is acceptable by Highlands standards.

Couldn't have said it better! :Thumbs:
Classes are different in Florida. C.C. has 1300 students and is considered 8A...
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Classes are different in Florida. C.C. has 1300 students and is considered 8A...

All males? or is it a coed school. If it's all males that like a trinity. A lot of kids to draw from.
Fear the Nation Wrote:All males? or is it a coed school. If it's all males that like a trinity. A lot of kids to draw from.

All male private catholic school.
sstack Wrote:All male private catholic school.

Another good win for a private school. Nonetheless, a game like this will only make FTH better. You prepare for the playoffs by playing good competition rather than weaklings like Rowan County, Boyd County, and Greenup County.
Pages: 1 2