Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry @ Lawrence Co. 10/17
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Belfry travels to the Dog Pound. Who ya got?
Before tonight's game with PCC I would have said Belfry. At LC and if LC plays team ball, limits turnovers and penalties LC has a good shot of knocking Belfry off. Stop the Belfry run game and LC can come out with a win. Let Belfry get up 2/3 scores it is done.
I would definitely go with Belfry, it would take a major choke to lose. Belfry is pretty good at that, so.... Confusednicker:
WideRight05 Wrote:I would definitely go with Belfry, it would take a major choke to lose. Belfry is pretty good at that, so.... Confusednicker:
Belfry will by far be the best team LC has faced all year. But I do not think this will be a running clock game for Belfry. They will have to earn the win.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:Before tonight's game with PCC I would have said Belfry. At LC and if LC plays team ball, limits turnovers and penalties LC has a good shot of knocking Belfry off. Stop the Belfry run game and LC can come out with a win. Let Belfry get up 2/3 scores it is done.

You're delusional.
Belfry is back to their old self clicking on all cylinders.. a little dinged up in the back field but all should be well come next Friday. With Corbett at QB Taylor has made his presence felt at the halfback position. I don't think anyone will catch him if he gets to the outside and I haven't seen anyone yet hold Hatfield!!! Good luck with that task.. Belfry 42- LC 21
Leonidas Wrote:You're delusional.

I know if LC does win it is going to be really quite on here for awhile Confusednicker:
Hey Leonidas you and Bobby Seger not out on the town tonight? I figured you guys had a date tonight.

Not saying they will but does LC not have a chance against the great team from WV/KY??????
Probably am. I am not sure Belfry can go up 2/3 scores.

You never did answer me about the profile pic. Is it you sticking to Seger or Seger sticking it to you?
Well here we go! I said at the start of the year that we would beat Pike Central, and Sheldon Clark and that the district would come down to Belfry and Lawrence. I was very excited about this Bulldog team at the start of the year and part of that excitement was with the fact that the coaching staff was very excited. I can't help but believe that this Dawg team is capable of playing much better ball then they have the last several week's and I think this team has a lot of talent but something has been missing. I think we had probably some of our best defensive play of the year in the Pike Central game and who knows, maybe that something that we have all been waiting for to click with this team just did. I still think this team plays very sloppy and the fundamentals are just lacking. Belfry is a very good team who I think is a little better then they were last year and they are always very sound with the coaching of Haywood and staff. If we play this game like we did in a few games this year with the horrible blocking and tackling then this Belfry team will make us pay like no other team we play this year. At the start of this season some of the kids said that they took a picture of scoreboard in the Belfry game last year 42-6 but if we don't play our best ball of the season in this one then the scoreboard will look just like that if not worse IMO. I hope for a very good, hard fought, clean injury free game on both sides and to be honest..........I just hope we can play with belfry and not let it get out of hand or become a running clock kind of game like the several we have had with Belfry in the last few seasons.
Belfry by several td's...
KyRock Wrote:I know if LC does win it is going to be really quite on here for awhile Confusednicker:
Hey Leonidas you and Bobby Seger not out on the town tonight? I figured you guys had a date tonight.

That gay fetish of yours might need more help than your grammar.

Maybe you should just try being "quite" as opposed to opening your mouth and letting everyone know how ignorant you really are.
Hopefully Lawrence got their confidence back last night that they lost after the Raceland game? It was a great game and a good team win right before Belfry. I think LC has the ability to play with Belfry, and if they can play mistake-free football then it will be closer than people anticipate? Unfortunately, I'm not sure what LC's answer is going to be to Belfry's defensive line? Their going to have to double team all night, and I'm not sure they'll be able to contain Belfry's D-line? I hope for a good game by both teams, and I think I'm going to take Belfry by two scores.
Belfrey by 3+tds
LC will be in for a long night if the defense doesn't learn to wrap up instead of trying to knock the runner off there feet with a big hit. Seen it to many times last night. safety would come up and try and land a big hit and not wrap up and the runner would gain another five yards after contact. Have to get better at this or Belfry will roll.
Belfry by 3 plus TDs 48-18. Side note guess what Belfrys record is against Ashland all time? It's not pretty won 3 of the 21 meetings. Ashland is 11-1 at home and 6-2 at Belfry.
Go Dawgs!
Where is the Joplin kid at
Leonidas Wrote:That gay fetish of yours might need more help than your grammar.

Maybe you should just try being "quite" as opposed to opening your mouth and letting everyone know how ignorant you really are.

You might want to keep your mouth closed Confusedhh: even though where you are a **** sucker that is impossible. Confusednicker: Gay Fetish I'm just telling you what I am hearing that you and Bobby are a couple. :hilarious:
Leonidas Wrote:That gay fetish of yours might need more help than your grammar.

You never did answer me. Are You saying LC has no chance in this game?
T-CATS Wrote:Belfry by 3 plus TDs 48-18. Side note guess what Belfrys record is against Ashland all time? It's not pretty won 3 of the 21 meetings. Ashland is 11-1 at home and 6-2 at Belfry.

Most of those wins came back when there were no facemasks. Belfry has been 10x better than Ashland for as long as most people can remember.:popcorn:
Belfry- 41
LC-6
Ashland should have been playing Belfry last night had they not cowardly refused to continue the series. But that is for another thread.

I just hope Belfry gets up for this one. If they go to Louisa ready to play , I like the Pirates large. If they feel too good about last night, who knows.
T-CATS Wrote:Belfry by 3 plus TDs 48-18. Side note guess what Belfrys record is against Ashland all time? It's not pretty won 3 of the 21 meetings. Ashland is 11-1 at home and 6-2 at Belfry.

It is a bit misleading though. Ashland has found a way to... Well.. "Conveniently find a way NOT to schedule Belfry.... When Belfry has either been up or Ashland has been down.

Proof in point the past two seasons. Ashland left Belfry high and dry and chose to play Sheldon Clark.

Ashland was nowhere to be found in 2003 or 2004 as well. Same thing with 2007 and 2008.
Ahhhhhh Ashland we all know how great you once WERE
Come on guys we all know SC will get Ashland more prepared for a long and tough playoff run.
As for this one:

I have no doubt Belfry will get LC's best shot. LC has had this one marked since last year.

Belfry has played 4 teams that are considerably better than LC and went 3-1.
LC hasn't seen anyone on the level if Belfry. This will be a major adjustment in terms if speed, size, and athletes from what LC has became familiar with.

If both teams bring their A game Belfry steamrolls.

The question though is Belfry's health. It was pretty clear last night Haywood had reservations to giving it to his Freshman backs with the game on the line. If Willis and Edwards are out The already one dimensional Pirates suddenly become much more predictable. If Belfry lets LC hang around anything can happen.

Pirates need to take care of business this week and on the field.

I get the sense if Belfry opens up a nice lead at Halftime the LC that likes to argue and fight may show up.
KyRock Wrote:You never did answer me. Are You saying LC has no chance in this game?

Zero

And if wrong I'll keep those pics of your sister in my pocket. If I'm right the world will see her in all her glory.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:It is a bit misleading though. Ashland has found a way to... Well.. "Conveniently find a way NOT to schedule Belfry.... When Belfry has either been up or Ashland has been down.

Proof in point the past two seasons. Ashland left Belfry high and dry and chose to play Sheldon Clark.

Ashland was nowhere to be found in 2003 or 2004 as well. Same thing with 2007 and 2008.

Preach!

If I were Coach Haywood Id never play that bunch again. We sign contracts, we play. Ashland signs contracts and then backs away.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10