Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry @ Lawrence Co. 10/17
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
KyRock Wrote:You might want to keep your mouth closed Confusedhh: even though where you are a **** sucker that is impossible. Confusednicker: Gay Fetish I'm just telling you what I am hearing that you and Bobby are a couple. :hilarious:

English is hard.
Bulldog pride Wrote:LC will be in for a long night if the defense doesn't learn to wrap up instead of trying to knock the runner off there feet with a big hit. Seen it to many times last night. safety would come up and try and land a big hit and not wrap up and the runner would gain another five yards after contact. Have to get better at this or Belfry will roll.

That happened to us ALL NIGHT LONG last night!! The arm tackling and grabbing with your hands just don't get the job done!

KyRock Wrote:You might want to keep your mouth closed Confusedhh: even though where you are a **** sucker that is impossible. Confusednicker: Gay Fetish I'm just telling you what I am hearing that you and Bobby are a couple. :hilarious:

KyRock....what am I going to do with you?? This is going to be a great game between two great teams. AND a lonng week of trash talking leading up to the game. Please try not to break any rules this week. I like reading your posts and don't want you to get into trouble.

Ok??

PaytoPlay Wrote:Ashland should have been playing Belfry last night had they not cowardly refused to continue the series. But that is for another thread.

I just hope Belfry gets up for this one. If they go to Louisa ready to play , I like the Pirates large. If they feel too good about last night, who knows.

I'm glad Belfry had gaps in their schedule. Playing them has made my Black Bears stronger, and given me the opportunity to make some great friends in Belfry's fan base. But you are correct, IF Belfry doesn't prepare for this game, they could be unpleasantly surprised. Both the Dawgs and the Pirates are great teams, and this game will be hard fought, IMO. If the Dawgs show up prepared to play and the Pirates have a swelled up head, LC will take full advantage of it.

But, by the end of the game, I see Belfry taking the victory.

Good luck to both teams!! Play injury free!!
jetpilot Wrote:Most of those wins came back when there were no facemasks. Belfry has been 10x better than Ashland for as long as most people can remember.:popcorn:

You all played little Ashland recently haven't you? And if I remember right, I don't recall you winning except for once recently. And that's a school that Highlands typically wins big against in the second round each year.
But he's trying so hard.
I wasn't there last night so I can't be sure, but the radio broadcast made it seem like Corbett at times made some good reads and at others poor reads. The consistent thing though was that he was capable at making a big play every time the option was called. That makes me optimistic.
I'll be coming back to Louisa for this one. My two favorite programs in the state. These teams have had some classic battles in the past. I really don't see Belfry looking past the Dawgs the pikeville game will have prevented anything like that from happening agian this year. That was there wake up call and like always this time of the year Belfry is tough. We know that I think they should win this one they are the champs till someone takes it away. With that said I still feel like LC has a punchers chance I will be pulling hard for them. I know the dawgs have had this one marked for a long time and they will need to keep there emotions in check. If they do and don't put the ball on the ground it should be a good game. I also think that this will be the first of two meetings between them this year. I think they will see each other later in the play-offs. Good luck to both and for my family shake I'm wishing for an up-set. GO DAWGS
KyRock Wrote:Not saying they will but does LC not have a chance against the great team from WV/KY??????

Pot, meet kettle.

Your all world amazing basketball team would be on the level of Piarist if not for that little bridge at Ft. Gay.

Your football team and other sports have benefited from the Mountain State just as much as Belfry over the years.

Maybe if you can't win Friday you guys will raise so much heck you can get put in a football district with Phelps too, since that is what you did in other sports.

Hopefully Belfry wins 98-0, but Coach Haywood is to classy for that.
The last time Belfry came to LC to play was 2008. LC did not win a single game that year and Belfry was 3 points away from playing for another state title. They went 13-1 losing by 2 to Breathitt in the state semi-final. The LC game was tied at 13 with less than 4 minutes to go and Belfry pulled it out. This was a very good Belfry team against a mediocre LC team. Every single team Belfry played that year they beat by at least 4 scores except Johnson Central and Lawrence. The current Belfry team has not risen to that 2008 level yet. The current LC team is a much better team than 2008. This game is THE game for LC and just another game for Belfry. Belfry is a class act from top to bottom and the LC team respects them highly. However, this year LC is also looking to earn some respect. If this game is close in the 4th quarter LC will pull it out. LC has a good run/pass balanced offense and a defense that showed they can win ball games. The whole mindset has changed from "try to keep Belfry from having a running clock" to "we have a shot at winning district". Should be game of the week.
Belfry - 42

Lawrence County - 13
Belfry has a great program, lc is taking steps in the right direction we are little better this year than last. Lc will need to play a near perfect game and hope belfry makes a few mistakes. This would be a huge win for the lc program. Nobody gives lc much of chance but after the pikeville and belfry game last season, nobody gave pikeville a chance this year except the pikeville players and coaches. Hope both teams come out of this one healthy.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:The last time Belfry came to LC to play was 2008. LC did not win a single game that year and Belfry was 3 points away from playing for another state title. They went 13-1 losing by 2 to Breathitt in the state semi-final. The LC game was tied at 13 with less than 4 minutes to go and Belfry pulled it out. This was a very good Belfry team against a mediocre LC team. Every single team Belfry played that year they beat by at least 4 scores except Johnson Central and Lawrence. The current Belfry team has not risen to that 2008 level yet. The current LC team is a much better team than 2008. This game is THE game for LC and just another game for Belfry. Belfry is a class act from top to bottom and the LC team respects them highly. However, this year LC is also looking to earn some respect. If this game is close in the 4th quarter LC will pull it out. LC has a good run/pass balanced offense and a defense that showed they can win ball games. The whole mindset has changed from "try to keep Belfry from having a running clock" to "we have a shot at winning district". Should be game of the week.
Actually the last time Belfry came to LC was 2012 and won going away. The point I was making about the 2008 game was sometimes stats and records fall by the wayside and emotion and adrenaline take over. Add in a turnover or penalty at a crucial spot and the game changes. On paper Belfry looks like a winner but they have not been able to blow teams away early as in past teams. LC's only blowout loss came because of 7 turnovers with 6 resulting in points off turnovers. If LC gives up the ball Belfry will make them pay. If LC defense plays like they did against PCC Belfry will be in a game. The advantage LC has is a good pass option that produce yards in a hurry.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:The last time Belfry came to LC to play was 2008. LC did not win a single game that year and Belfry was 3 points away from playing for another state title. They went 13-1 losing by 2 to Breathitt in the state semi-final. The LC game was tied at 13 with less than 4 minutes to go and Belfry pulled it out. This was a very good Belfry team against a mediocre LC team. Every single team Belfry played that year they beat by at least 4 scores except Johnson Central and Lawrence. The current Belfry team has not risen to that 2008 level yet. The current LC team is a much better team than 2008. This game is THE game for LC and just another game for Belfry. Belfry is a class act from top to bottom and the LC team respects them highly. However, this year LC is also looking to earn some respect. If this game is close in the 4th quarter LC will pull it out. LC has a good run/pass balanced offense and a defense that showed they can win ball games. The whole mindset has changed from "try to keep Belfry from having a running clock" to "we have a shot at winning district". Should be game of the week.

Last time Belfry came to LC was 2012. Belfry won 41-6.
I'm not shy by picking large margin score.

Belfry 56
Lawrence County 06 or 12

This isn't basketball :bball:
This is football :football:
Belfry - 42
LC - 7

Belfry isn't overlooking anyone believe that.
Belfry by 40
I sure am glad, these games are plaid on the field,with KIDS, and not on a computer, with suposibly grown ups.
I hope the Dawgs win.
Please keep this on topic. If you feel the need to discuss a game that took place three weeks ago, go post in that thread. Thanks
Leonidas Wrote:Zero

And if wrong I'll keep those pics of your sister in my pocket. If I'm right the world will see her in all her glory.

I know Leonidas personally he is kinda on the funny side.
BelfryPride Wrote:Please keep this on topic. If you feel the need to discuss a game that took place three weeks ago, go post in that thread. Thanks
I apologize BelfryPride. A lot of folks get carried away in the strategy used by Pikeville to upset Belfry.
Naturally for some reason they feel that same strategy can be used to some extent to attempt to at least put up a competitive game against Belfry this coming week against LC. While we all know in our heart of hearts it is futile to think any team can beat Belfry, some folks stray and fantasize. Please let the commoners continue to think they have a chance to compete with Pharaoh by offering simple comparisons of possibilities. We all know you have the power to shut this tread down and send us all to Gitmo for a course in waterboarding, but all we ask is freedom to express free thought. We are all aware of the great risk we take when we question the Supremacy of Pharaoh. Please forgive us as we are mere mortals searching for the light.
Both teams have offenses that can put up the numbers so this one comes down to who has the better D. If the Dawgs do not start playing a more aggressive D they will fall short in the end. I'm going with my Dawgs 21 - 19
Does anyone know why Joplin kid is not playing or is he still there
This is a big game....Will be fun to watch.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:I apologize BelfryPride. A lot of folks get carried away in the strategy used by Pikeville to upset Belfry.
Naturally for some reason they feel that same strategy can be used to some extent to attempt to at least put up a competitive game against Belfry this coming week against LC. While we all know in our heart of hearts it is futile to think any team can beat Belfry, some folks stray and fantasize. Please let the commoners continue to think they have a chance to compete with Pharaoh by offering simple comparisons of possibilities. We all know you have the power to shut this tread down and send us all to Gitmo for a course in waterboarding, but all we ask is freedom to express free thought. We are all aware of the great risk we take when we question the Supremacy of Pharaoh. Please forgive us as we are mere mortals searching for the light.

I think fans on both sides would be satisfied with some actual game analysis in the thread, some football talk. I think Belfry is still not hitting 100% on all cylinders, but each week they are getting closer. The new QB is playing well and continues to learn a new system. Lawrence has a real good record, but to just beat PC by 3 is a little concerning because PCC has really struggled and is by no means a physical team. Belfry thrives on being physical evidenced by one drive against CAK that was 21 plays for 86 yards and took 9:24 off the clock. For LC to have any chance, they cannot let Belfry eat the clock like that. I think LC must depend on being near perfect and Belfry having some turnovers. LC can run and throw some, but if they can control the clock, the better for the Dawgs. In the end, I believe it will be a pretty good contest, but I think the Pirates are too strong and quick on both sides of the ball. IMO Belfry 35, LC 14.
Not ahatin here but it will Belfry early with a running clock. I don't think this one will even be close.
Leonidas Wrote:That gay fetish of yours might need more help than your grammar.

Maybe you should just try being "quite" as opposed to opening your mouth and letting everyone know how ignorant you really are.

:biglmao:
dawgbyte02 Wrote:I apologize BelfryPride. A lot of folks get carried away in the strategy used by Pikeville to upset Belfry.

Nice catch dawgbyte, we all know what he's saying only applies to Belfry threads. :lmao:
WideRight05 Wrote:Nice catch dawgbyte, we all know what he's saying only applies to Belfry threads. :lmao:

Remember the other Belfry Mod we had on here that did that exact same thing ? Remember how she got demoted, got mad, and then stormed off swearing to never return again....

(But she did).Confusednicker:
IronMan86 Wrote:English is hard.

Yeah especially in Belfry WV Confusednicker:
Bob Seger Wrote:Not ahatin here but it will Belfry early with a running clock. I don't think this one will even be close.

:dontthink *a hatin Confusednicker:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10