Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Biggest Suprises and Disappointments of 2006
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Let's hear it guys, what team has suprised you the most and what team has been the biggest disappointment (maybe not to you) but as you see fitting.

For me I'd say the biggest disappointment, would be Lynn Camp. After watching them play Paintsville, last season in the playoffs I thought they would return to play for the district championship. They returned the majority of their offensive line but lost most of their skill players. But they did return Joe Roskoft (sp?) who replaced Jimmy Chaffin after he was injured in the Paintsville game last year and did a superb job. I expect more than 3-7, sorry LC better luck next year.

I don't know about biggest suprise, possibly Jenkins here as of recent. But not real sure, let's hear what you all think.
Dunbar...can't believe they only won one game..Bryan Station last night. Montgomery Co is a big suprise...in the playoffs and only won one game last year...have had a playoff dry sell for the last several years.
Also Bethelem...didn't think they would have the season they are having.
Good ones Gold Charger, didn't realize that Dunbar only won one game. Without question, Montgomery Co. has been a dandy of a suprise this year.
when SCHS BEAT belfry!!! GO CARDS!!!!!!
xlowesgirlx Wrote:when SCHS BEAT belfry!!! GO CARDS!!!!!!

I agree 100%. Great job, Hager. Keep it up.

:1:
lol lowesgirl is right. After getting killed last year at belfry they made up for it by giving Belfry their first district loss in 5 years.

Biggest disappointment would probly be Lawrence Co. I knew they wouldnt have a breakout season but I thought they would win more than they did.
jenkins is deff. a suprise
as is bardstown
didnt think they'd go 10-0 again on the regular season....
Dissapointments to me was Knott Central, a lot ppl was talking bout how they was gonna be better than last year and make the playoffs,even myself thought that would be in the playoffs.

Biggest Surpise-Deff the Jenkins Cavailers, started out 1-5 before making at run at the 4th spot and winning 3/4 last 4 games.To finish 4-6 and get into the playoffs in the 4th spot.Its been awhile since the Cavs were in the Playoffs-Good Luck!
Jenkins is a HUGE suprise.. jus took some players who wonna play and some seniors to step up and lead... great job TEAM lets take it to pikeville friday night
I would have to say Sheldon Clark beating belfry for a surprise and Paintsville for disappointment
Biggest diasppointment would have to be Paintsville. And I actually have 2 big surprises in Jenkins and Allen Central who ironicly played each other for the last playoff spot. Congrats to Jenkins and good luck, I will be rooting for the Cavs as they take on Pikeville.
biggest suprise is either clark beating belfry or magoffin beating east ridge. IMO. Two highly unexpected games.
Biggest surprise is Bath County, went from 1-9 past 3 years to 7-3 and made the playoffs for first time since 1998
Coach Cline Wrote:biggest suprise is either clark beating belfry or magoffin beating east ridge. IMO. Two highly unexpected games.

Both of those really caught me offguard, too.
Surprise - Estill County coming back late in the season
Disappointment-- The way Russell is playing....
Biggest Suprise - Jenkins

Biggest disappointment - Pike County Central - are local fans EVER going to expect more from that program than sub-par play?
Biggest Surprise-Johnson Central finishing 10-0 after losing last years state rushing leader Ron Blume
cbls_75 Wrote:Biggest Surprise-Johnson Central finishing 10-0 after losing last years state rushing leader Ron Blume

good one

biggest disappointment: LCC
-STAT- Wrote:Biggest diasppointment would have to be Paintsville.

Why is that, everyone knew what they were gonna have after losing 16 Seniors and only returning 2 starters on offense and 3 on defense.
Biggest surprise would have to be Lexington Laffeyette(sorry for the spelling) going undefeated in Lexington with the likes of Dunbar,Tates Creek,Bryan Station, and the other teams they had on there schedule.
Biggest disappointment would have to be Newport. They have a lot of players back from last year but they just haven't been as impressive as I thought they would be.
Have to go with Jenkins as my surpirse team and dissapointment goes to Hazard actually with there losses too Harlan and Pikeville as bad as they were..Good record indeed, but no way a team like Hazard with as much talent as they have should get DRILLED that bad!
I have been pleasantly suprised with Breathitt County's year. They were supposed to be an average team this year but they are better than that. The next couple of years are looking really good for the Bobcats considering they start only 4 seniors and 4 freshmen.
biggest disapointment would have to be Knott county, they had alot of talent and looked to come out strong at the first of the year but went down hill from there. Biggest suprise i have to go with Jenkins, at first it looked like the same ol' jenkins but the players really stepped up and now there going to the plaoffs for the first time in 12 years. GO CAVS!!
J-Town baby... yeah were not he same ol'jenkins team..
Jenkins biggest surprise
KCC biggest disappointment
Suprises
1.Jenkins making the playoffs
2.Johnson Central completley dominating everyone.

Disappointments:
1.Boyle County's less than dominating season.
2.Betsy Layne-I kept hearing about how good they were and the whole "new breed" thing and they haven't really gotten much better winning only against Powell County. They do have a good coach though who is willing to work and build a program.
matt thomas running the ball for a 1000 yards
Jenkins and when Sc beat Belfry
i agree
Panther#42 Wrote:jenkins is deff. a suprise
as is bardstown
didnt think they'd go 10-0 again on the regular season....
Pages: 1 2