Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Biggest Suprises and Disappointments of 2006
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sorry that we disappointed you this year Moe. I had higher expectations myself. WE did get better as the year went on and next year we will be much stronger and will wake some people up. Thanks for the compliment on my coaching staff and myself.:thumpsup:
Moe Wrote:Suprises
1.Jenkins making the playoffs
2.Johnson Central completley dominating everyone.

Disappointments:
1.Boyle County's less than dominating season.
2.Betsy Layne-I kept hearing about how good they were and the whole "new breed" thing and they haven't really gotten much better winning only against Powell County. They do have a good coach though who is willing to work and build a program.
Jenkins is a big suprises..
and KCC is a big disappointment...
CoachB Wrote:Sorry that we disappointed you this year Moe. I had higher expectations myself. WE did get better as the year went on and next year we will be much stronger and will wake some people up. Thanks for the compliment on my coaching staff and myself.:thumpsup:
Your team didn't disappoint me as far as the way they played, I mean they played really hard and were competitive. I think they really put unreal expectations on themselves. I read in one post where someone said they would win 7 or 8 games and with them saying that I kind of found myself expecting that and found myself believing it, thats really all I ment by disapointment, and Coach you don't have to appologize for anything they couldn't have gotten anyone better for the job and thats an honest statment. I respect what you have done with those kid. Those kids believe now and reguardless of winning only one game it seems that BL football is more structured and you can tell they are well coached, they actually look like a team, something I couldn't say in years past. Much Respect Coach B, keep up the hard work and good things will happen. Good things happen when people work hard to achieve their goals.

"The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand."
-Vince Lombardi
Surprise- Sheldon Clark's comeback win over Belfry.

Disappointment- Paintsville's Football team.
Suprise- Jenkins winning 4 games and making it to playoffs
Disappointment- Got to agree with blackcat_student and say Paintsville's football team
The apple bowl has to be the biggest disappointment. Everything about it was bad this year. Especially the seating. That and the SC/Pburg game. That might have been the worst performance from a good team i have ever seen. That was also one of my biggest suprises. Seth Moore performance was great. I hope Derossett bought him dinner at least. I can't believe a team can be so unproductive on both offense and defense and still win.
All_state_RB#1 Wrote:Jenkins is a HUGE suprise.. jus took some players who wonna play and some seniors to step up and lead... great job TEAM lets take it to pikeville friday night
Jenkins is not a huge surprise, they havent beat a good team yet. Just because they played close with pikeville they think they are a surprise. They will get a huge surprise come friday night! Good Luck Panthers
im going to go out on a limb and call magoffin county my biggest suprise and dissapointment.
Suprise
With a new coach and new attitude in magoffin county toward football that has never been there magoffin county has showed me and the rest of the region that they want to turn the program around. being a former player it thrills me that they haved done this.

The biggest disappointment is that they hadnt put this attitude and money into the program. when they had some talent in years past like: shepherd, marshall, willams, and many others that has passed through that program that could of better with this backin of the administration
cats eye Wrote:The apple bowl has to be the biggest disappointment. Everything about it was bad this year. Especially the seating. That and the SC/Pburg game. That might have been the worst performance from a good team i have ever seen. That was also one of my biggest suprises. Seth Moore performance was great. I hope Derossett bought him dinner at least. I can't believe a team can be so unproductive on both offense and defense and still win.

You really don't like Prestonsburg do you?
blackcat_student Wrote:Disappointment- Paintsville's Football team.

Boomer86 Wrote:Disappointment- Got to agree with blackcat_student and say Paintsville's football team

Did you expect different heading into the season. They lost 16 seniors, returned 2 starters on offense and 3 on defense and none of the other underclassmen got much playing time. The only disappointment about Paintsville is all those boys walking the halls not playing because they think they are gonna be all-state basketball players and go D-1.
blackcat_student Wrote:You really don't like Prestonsburg do you?

Wow you have no idea what you are talking about? I've gone to more Pburg games in the past three years than SC. I also live in Pburg. I don't like the offense this year. I don't like the lack of work this team has seemed to put in during the off season. Ill pick Pburg in any game they play unless its against SC.
blackcat_student Wrote:You really don't like Prestonsburg do you?

Now why don't you explain why you made this statement. Is it because i said Pburg was unproductive? You said it yourself that Pburg failed to stop SC's run. Well that means they didn't prevail on defense. Seth Moore kicked half their points in regulation. To me that means the offense didn't get it done.
Pburgs offense for the entire season from what I've seen has been too predictable...either a dive to #5 or a sweep around the end with #33. Still think they should go balanced, when they have tried to pass the ball they've either had success or would've if the players kept running their routes and caught the dang thing.
Better get back on topic before this thread gets closed. Figured I'd warn ya before a mod did lol. Anyway, My disappointment is SC's loss to P-burg. If they could have won then they could have been one of the few undefeated teams among the state.
SC beat Boyd Co.(4-6 in a weak 3A district) and Knott Co. (3-7). They also beat Fairland OH which I don't have a clue on how they turned out, but the only real games would've been the district games with Pburg and Belfry. However, 9-1 is still impressive for the regular season.
Redneck Wrote:Did you expect different heading into the season. They lost 16 seniors, returned 2 starters on offense and 3 on defense and none of the other underclassmen got much playing time. The only disappointment about Paintsville is all those boys walking the halls not playing because they think they are gonna be all-state basketball players and go D-1.

Maybe true but either way its a disappointment...
It's sad that it happend to a good football town yes, but everyone goes in spurts. Pikeville was down several years ago and got the 4 seed in the district, Sheldon Clark has been down before (I think back in 2000 or 2001) when all their starters were freshman and sophomores, Prestonsburg was down last season. Anytime a team loses 16 seniors and returns 5 starters on both sides of the ball combined you are in for a long year. Not a big surprise though about Paintsville I don't think.
Pages: 1 2