Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: AP top 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Class 6A
Rank-School

1. Lou. Male
2. Scott Co.
3. Lou. Trinity
4. Lou. St. Xavier
5. Lou. DuPont Manual
6. McCracken County
7. Meade Co.
8. Central Hardin
9. Simon Kenton
10. Lex. Lafayette

Class 5A
Rank-School

1. Bowling Green
2. Pulaski Co.
3. Madison Southern
4. Warren Central
5. Bullitt East
6. Franklin Co.
7. Cooper
8. South Oldham
9. Anderson Co.
10. Scott

Class 4A
Rank-School

1. Highlands
2. Boyle Co.
3. Cov. Catholic
4. Owensboro
5. Johnson Central
6. Franklin-Simpson
7. Knox Central
8. Madisonville-North Hopkins
9. Warren East
10. Lex. Catholic

Class 3A

1. Belfry
2. South Warren
3. Bourbon Co.
4. Lou. Central
5. Bell Co.
6. Mason Co.
7. Corbin
8. Lawrence Co.
9. Paducah Tilghman
10. Elizabethtown

Class 2A
Rank-School

1. Lou. DeSales
2. Caldwell Co.
3. Lou. Christian Academy
4. Bardstown
5. Owensboro Catholic
6. Murray
7. Prestonsburg
8. Middlesboro
9. Glasgow
10. Newport Central
Class 1A
Rank-School

1. Mayfield
2. Williamsburg
3. Pikeville
4. Russellville
5. Frankfort
6. Beechwood
7. Hazard
8. Raceland
9. Lou. Holy Cross
10. Paintsville
No offense to Paintsville, but Class A is painfully weak if they are still top 10.
bucslover68 Wrote:No offense to Paintsville, but Class A is painfully weak if they are still top 10.
What does that say about AAA with Bell County at 5? Just playing devil's advocate lol. I will say this, a fully healthy Paintsville team would be a definite Top-10.
Panther Thunder Wrote:What does that say about AAA with Bell County at 5?

It says Bell and Paintsville are both way too high.
Panther Thunder Wrote:What does that say about AAA with Bell County at 5?

Yeah an 3A Paducah tighman rank #9 and 1A Mayfield beat Paducah.....HELLO
How Campbellsville isn't in the top 10 of 1A blows my mind.
3A is weak this year it's no secret
Frankfort should still be at #2. I don't think Russellville is better than Frankfort. I would also put Pikeville ahead of Williamsburg for now.
mysonis55 Wrote:frankfort should still be at #2. I don't think russellville is better than frankfort. I would also put pikeville ahead of williamsburg for now.

i dont understand how you can say pikeville should be ahead of williamsburg.........what are you basing an opinion like that on
IMO , bell co and Corbin should be reversed..
Knox may be alittle higher next week if they take care of business this week..
mysonis55 Wrote:Frankfort should still be at #2. I don't think Russellville is better than Frankfort. I would also put Pikeville ahead of Williamsburg for now.

Williamsburg should be ahead of Mayfield.
Yeah, just like in December.
1A Mayfield is clearly #1. Williamsburg, Pikeville, Frankfort, Beechwood are a toss up for #2. Hazard, Russelville, and Fairview are not far behind. Campbellsville is pushing to be considered with the above teams.
pjdoug Wrote:Williamsburg should be ahead of Mayfield.

I'm starting to feel that way myself.......:popcorn:
64SUR Wrote:I'm starting to feel that way myself.......:popcorn:

If I'm Williamsburg theres no way I want to be number one and give Mayfield any ammo after last years beat down leave me at number two until I knock off #1

PJ ... 64 I know how good Williamsburg is tho and can't wait to see how they finish best of luck all tho I don't think you'll need luck with all that talent
mysonis55 Wrote:Yeah, just like in December.

right :1:
Bell County loses to 2A #8 Middlesboro and Corbin's lone loss to 5A #2 Pulaski County. Bell County ranked #5 and Corbin #7. Makes sense to me...:oooo:
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Bell County loses to 2A #8 Middlesboro and Corbin's lone loss to 5A #2 Pulaski County. Bell County ranked #5 and Corbin #7. Makes sense to me...:oooo:

I was thinking the same thing.
It is pretty simple reasoning. Pikeville has played a much tougher schedule. If you combine the teams they have played and average their Lit rating, they have played a schedule in which their opp averages 85.8 to this point. They have outscored that opp on average 51-23. Williamsburg has played an avg opp with Lit rating of 77.86. They have averaged a score of 46-14. That average Lit rating would probably be Lower if we had a rating on Knoxville Halls. So, due to strength of schedule and the results, Pikeville should be ranked higher at this point.

If you are wondering the two teams at this point that have played the strongest schedules are Mayfield (avg opp rating of 96.25) and Frankfort (avg rating of 92.73)
In 2A Middlesboro should be ranked ahead of Prestonsburg at this point.

In 1A Campbellsville in at 10 over Paintsville.

In 3A Corbin and Bell could switch spots.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:In 2A Middlesboro should be ranked ahead of Prestonsburg at this point.

In 1A Campbellsville in at 10 over Paintsville.

In 3A Corbin and Bell could switch spots.

I agree with that.
This is why college football has switched to a playoff system and not a POLL system anymore to many inconsistency to many opinions. These polls are to sell papers and advertising spots not the Gospel but they sure are fun hearing everyone fuss and complain

Tuesday is my favorite day on BGR because of the polls being out Monday is second for all the Crow eating !!!!!
mysonis55 Wrote:It is pretty simple reasoning. Pikeville has played a much tougher schedule. If you combine the teams they have played and average their Lit rating, they have played a schedule in which their opp averages 85.8 to this point. They have outscored that opp on average 51-23. Williamsburg has played an avg opp with Lit rating of 77.86. They have averaged a score of 46-14. That average Lit rating would probably be Lower if we had a rating on Knoxville Halls. So, due to strength of schedule and the results, Pikeville should be ranked higher at this point.

If you are wondering the two teams at this point that have played the strongest schedules are Mayfield (avg opp rating of 96.25) and Frankfort (avg rating of 92.73)

Oh lord here he goes again with his math :blondetea.....Mysonis55 your math didn't work last year :why: should it work this year in the east again...Williamsburg is a yellowjacket nest ready to sting anybody they play. :letsfight:letsfight:letsfight
I love the 64SUR vs. mysonis55 battles.

I must be honest though and say I do miss when 64 used to call him "myiqis55". One of the more clever things ole 64 ever came up with and genuinely made me chuckle.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I love the 64SUR vs. mysonis55 battles.

I must be honest though and say I do miss when 64 used to call him "myiqis55". One of the more clever things ole 64 ever came up with and genuinely made me chuckle.

ole 64 is just 54 going on 55 February 1 2015. :party2:
Shit, you have dust older than that 64.
Besides my math worked 42 points better than yours last year.
mysonis55 Wrote:it is pretty simple reasoning. Pikeville has played a much tougher schedule. If you combine the teams they have played and average their lit rating, they have played a schedule in which their opp averages 85.8 to this point. They have outscored that opp on average 51-23. Williamsburg has played an avg opp with lit rating of 77.86. They have averaged a score of 46-14. That average lit rating would probably be lower if we had a rating on knoxville halls. So, due to strength of schedule and the results, pikeville should be ranked higher at this point.

If you are wondering the two teams at this point that have played the strongest schedules are mayfield (avg opp rating of 96.25) and frankfort (avg rating of 92.73)

then i guess it's good that we dont play everything on paper then!!! I'm not saying w'burg should be number 1 by any stretch but how many times has #1 seed won an ncaa tournament? Its who's playing the best and makes the most of their opportunities at any given moment. Would love to see state finals rematch but only time will tell. Good luck the rest of the way!
It could come down to an injury or two. It could come down to a bad night for one team. It could be many things. I am just saying at the present that I would put Pikeville ahead of Wburg.
mysonis55 Wrote:Besides my math worked 42 points better than yours last year.

42 reasons to play Mayfield farewell song. Hey hey good bye.....Confusedalute:
Pages: 1 2 3