Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th Region
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
How is the 14th shaping up? Who's are the top teams? Is there any dark horses for the coming season?
MHO it's Breathitt, Lether, Lesile, PCC and KCC is your dark horse
JBS won't be bad either.
Three horse race in my opinion letcher and Leslie top two and pcc not far behind is the way i see it
Will any teams be in top 20.
Don't think any 14 region teams have a chance in cracking the top 20.
Yes I agree. I don't think any 14th region teams have a shot at cracking top 20.
I would have to say that my top 3 for the pre season would be; 1. Leslie, 2. Letcher, 3. Breathitt. My darkhorse would be Jenkins.

I know Hazard wouldn't be in anyones top 5 but I have been hearing some good things about them around town. Rumor around town is that one of the boys assistant coaches has came over to help the girls now, I'm assuming its Bowling.
My pre-season top 5 is
1. Leslie Co.
2. Powell Co.
3. Breathitt Co.
4. LCC
5. PCC

Deal horse teams is Jenkins And KCC
I have to agree. I think Leslie and Powell will be your top 2 teams this year. Leslie has Katie Moore and Powell has Shayla Lindon. I think it will be those two teams meeting in the 14th region championship game.
Wher will the Girls Regional Tournament be held?
I believe Breathitt will take region this year. Plenty of talent and can go deep into bench. From what I hear will have a few tough games in regular season as well. Should be very well prepared come tournament time.
Hoopster007 Wrote:Wher will the Girls Regional Tournament be held?
Morton Combs Athletic Complex in Knott County, I believe
Hoopster007 Wrote:Wher will the Girls Regional Tournament be held?

It is at kcc this year.
Any team Dickie Adams @ LCC or Randy Napier @ PCC coaches..Never count them out! EVER!
I agree don't never count perry central or LCC out! Last season Leslie an Breathitt were hands down favourites. But perry beat Leslie by 25 in the district finals an ,leslie had home court in the region an failed! It should be there year, but sometimes teams that have the same top 6 players two or three years in a row peak an as a team do not improve throughout the season. Perry central was not the same team at the beginning of year they were at the end, the bobcat still were the best team last season,but they started celebration before the horn sounded an perry sent them home. The season long favourite should win , but that's why they at the games
My top five include Leslie, Letcher, Powell, Breathitt, and Pcc with KCC trailing behind closely. Leslie has the Dynamic Duo in their last year of high school and as well as Stidham from LCC if I'm not mistaken. Powell has 2 starters from last year as well as a strong bench to start this year with 6 juniors and a senior. Breathing has Hatton and Bates as well as the middle schooler (sorry I forgot her name) Hatton will be strong and ready to succeed in her senior season. PCC has a very quick team this year, especially with Evans. She's swift on her feet and as well in her Senior season. I'm very excited to see what this season holds for all teams!
1. Leslie Co.
2. Breathitt Co.
3. LCC
4. PCC
5. Powell Co.
6. KCC

These are from cats pause.

I don't remember all the players but the top two.
1. Katie Moore
2. Whitney Creech

I was not going to pay 16 dollars for that book. Since there is not that much about women basketball in it.
It is Leslies year but Breathitt could have something to say about that.
The_Rock Wrote:It is Leslies year but Breathitt could have something to say about that.

Right now with everyone Leslie got coming back, would say it is Leslie Co. to lose. But by the end of the season, it might be a 4 or 5 team race. Like it was last year.
I wouldn't count Jenkins and JBS out this year. These schools might be small, but I believe they will come in with a bang this year. Carla Booth is helping coach the JBS girls and she is a fabulous coach. I can't wait to watch these teams play this year.
I'm anxious to see how Estill County does with everyone back and a new coach in Brian Hall
Letcher all the way!!!! STATE BOUND!!!
Whitney Creech from Jenkins is amazing. Best player ive ever seen she can score at will and make defenders look scary. Look out 14th theirs a pro on the loose!
steelerfan7 Wrote:Whitney Creech from Jenkins is amazing. Best player ive ever seen she can score at will and make defenders look scary. Look out 14th theirs a pro on the loose!

She is far from beening a pro. But she is a good ball player. I don't known if I say this on here to talking to my cuz about it. If they have an other player like her, they will be in the talk about teams that can win the 14 region this year.
One player can win some games, it is hard to win a t-ment with one player.
1. Letcher Central - I'm going with the depth of Letcher as my #1 team. Letcher will have 7 seniors who can all play. Cheyanne Stidham (Sr.) is a top 10 player. But Kim Meade (Sr.) and/or Kristina Bentley (Sr.) could beat a team on any given night. Also Courtney Brock (Sr.), Sara Baker (Sr.), and Kelly Adams (Sr.) are all pretty solid as well. Senior driven team with a great coach in Coach Adams.

2. Leslie County - Leslie returns every player from their 20-12 team in 2013/14 season. Katie Moore (Sr.) is the best player in the region IMO coming off a 24 PPG Jr. year. Brook Asher (Sr.) and Madison Combs (Jr.) both also averaged double-digits last season and look to help Moore led the Lady Eagles to a title. Emily Griffith (So.) is another player to look out for this season. Really Leslie should be my 1B team in the region.

3. Breathitt County -Everyone in the region will have a hard time matching up with Breathitt's size and physical play. Carissa Hatton (Sr.) will be a miss-match for everyone. Olivia Bates (So.) is another solid player for the Lady Bobcats.

4. Powell County - Shayla Lindon will be asked to fulfill the role of Rogers from last season but Lindon has a solid supporting cast around her. Powell will play as hard as anyone in the region.

5. Perry Central - Perry lost more than anyone else in the region from last years team but Coach Napier knows how to win. There is no replacing Kayla Rankin but Whitney Evans (Sr.) is as good of a PG as there is in the region. Allie Sizemore (Jr.) and Perri Coots (Sr.) will step into bigger roles and Morgan Eddington (Jr.) and Tori Watts (Sr.) will be players to look out for this season.

6. Knott County- The future is bright for the Knott County Lady Patriots. Knott only lost 2 players from last years 18-13 team. I think Fallon Slone (Jr.) and Kristen Waugh (So.) will both average double-digits in points this year. Knott has some great middle schoolers coming up as well. Look for 8th grader Jada Higgins to see big minutes on Varsity this year.

7. Jenkins - Whitney Creech (Jr.) will led Jenkins to a lot of victories in 2014/15. Creech will also led the state in scoring but I think the loss of Boggs will hurt their chances of being a top 5 team.

8. Estill County - I love Brian Hall as the new head coach and Kennedy Flynn (Sr.) is a great player who no one really talks about. Flynn averaged 29 PPG last year. Estill also returns Bethany Hall (Sr.) 10 PPG and 6 RPG last year.

9. Buckhorn - Returning Kansas Rice (Sr.) 13 PPG and 8 RPG. Also returning Maidson Couch (Jr.) 12 PPG and Hanna Gabbard 7 PPG and 5 RPG. I believe Buckhorn is tougher than Hazard and can give Perry all they want.

10. Hazard - Kelsi Caudill (Jr.) is a top player when healthy, Susie Chaney (Sr.) and Hannah Webb (Sr.) are returning starters. Destiny Walker (Fr.) is going to be a solid player in the future for the Lady Bulldogs.
Heard the Higgins girl at Knott will be the next D1 recruit in the 14th region.Several people are high on her and those are reputable coaches in the area. Hope to get to see her play over here in the 13th region.I was told she is a true point guard that can take it to the rack and put up some great assist numbers. Creech is a nice player and getting a lot of looks too. Seen Breathitt and Leslie play and they are coached well.Still,the 13th region has alot of talent and looking forward to basketball action!:rockon:
Heisenberg Effect Wrote:Heard the Higgins girl at Knott will be the next D1 recruit in the 14th region.Several people are high on her and those are reputable coaches in the area. Hope to get to see her play over here in the 13th region.I was told she is a true point guard that can take it to the rack and put up some great assist numbers. Creech is a nice player and getting a lot of looks too. Seen Breathitt and Leslie play and they are coached well.Still,the 13th region has alot of talent and looking forward to basketball action!:rockon:

Jada Higgins has a ton of upside. As an 8th grader, she can already compete with most varsity players. She is extremely strong and quick. Has good handles and court vision. She has to improve her shot, but time is on her side. Knott will be in the driver's seat for the 14th for the next 2 years. When you add the Higgins kid with Waugh, Holifield, Slone, Slone, and Stamper, you have an excellent team. Plus Knott has some depth wiith Slone and M. Higgins. I think they even have another Slone girl (7th grade) that is an up and comer.

Go Lady Pats!

:truestory:
Players
1. Katie Moore (Leslie)
2. Whitney Creech (Jenkins)
3. Kennedy Flynn (Estill)
4. Shayla Lindon (Powell)
5. Carissa Hatton (Breathitt)
6. Cheyanne Stidham (Letcher)
7. Kelsi Caudill (Hazard)
8. Whitney Evans (Perry)
9. Brook Asher (Leslie)
10. Kansas Rice (Buckhorn)

Coaches
1. Randy Napier (Perry)
2. Dickie Adams (Letcher)
3. Brian Hall (Estill)
4. Ken Jones (Powell)
5. Mark Collett (Leslie)
6. Jeff Honeycutt (Knott)
7. Wallace Bates (Breathitt)
8. Ashley Addington (Jenkins)
9. Charles Davidson (Owsley)
10. Andrew Blank (Buckhorn)
What about some of the small schools like cordia? Do the girls even have a team over there anymore?
Pages: 1 2 3