Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th Region
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Bbcraycray Wrote:What about some of the small schools like cordia? Do the girls even have a team over there anymore?

Cordia got a girls team but they just play 10 to 15 games a season.
I think Lee Co. has been over looked. They have the Kash girl back in the line up. She is a ball player.
Imo.....
I like this list and can agree with a lot of it and the players listed. But at Powell, without Destiny Peck in the middle, they are in deep trouble. Luckily she is back this year, a junior I think. Hall could have a surprising tram at Estill, but the power base & title will probably stay in the mountain area of the region.
Leslie,Letcher,and Breathitt are the front runners.Perry will be right there with Napier at the helm. Jenkins is a one girl show imo.Don't think Knott,Powell,or Estill really will be that much improved.Question>When is the last time another team won the region besides Perry or Letcher. It's been a while and I honestly can't remember.
SNOWPIERCER Wrote:Leslie,Letcher,and Breathitt are the front runners.Perry will be right there with Napier at the helm. Jenkins is a one girl show imo.Don't think Knott,Powell,or Estill really will be that much improved.Question>When is the last time another team won the region besides Perry or Letcher. It's been a while and I honestly can't remember.

Here is some history for you:

2000 thru 2004 Perry Central
2005 Knott Central
2006 Letcher Central
2007 thru 2010 Breathitt County
2011 thru 2012 Perry Central
2013 Letcher Central
2014 Perry Central

As you can see, Perry and Breathitt have dominated girls high school basketball. Perry Central must have fell asleep in 2005. Letcher has showed up a couple of years.

Usually history is a good predictor of the future. However, I think Leslie may finally have a shot to their name in the record book. Although, Breathitt will be a load to handle.

:haters:
The Weatherman Wrote:Here is some history for you:

2000 thru 2004 Perry Central
2005 Knott Central
2006 Letcher Central
2007 thru 2010 Breathitt County
2011 thru 2012 Perry Central

2013 Letcher Central
2014 Perry Central

As you can see, Perry and Breathitt have dominated girls high school basketball. Perry Central must have fell asleep in 2005. Letcher has showed up a couple of years.

Usually history is a good predictor of the future. However, I think Leslie may finally have a shot to their name in the record book. Although, Breathitt will be a load to handle.

:haters:

2007-2012 should just say Kendall Noble era in the 14th region...
Diggity dang! Perry,Breathitt,and Letcher have really dominated the region.Kendall Noble always put on a show and was so unselfish.Most good teams play unselfish ball to win like this.That's why you don't see many teams ever grow to competitve status because it's always about me and mine.Randy Napier,Peggy Moore,and Dickie Adams gets the girls to buy in to that philosophy .Great coaches that understand how to win and play team ball.
Great read on Napier and what he has accomplished. http://www.maxpreps.com/blogs/maxwire-na...l-wins.htm
[Image: ecv91.jpg]
Hazard returns a decent team this year but they don't have all the pieces necessary just yet.
Napier also has won 10 regional championships and one state championship,while leading the M.C. Napier Lady Navajos to the Sweet 16 title in 1994.Think about that.Doesn't matter if you hate him or love him,he is a proven winner and never count the Dores out!
Knott had talent oozing through in 2007-2011 and couldn't get it done.Paige Slone,Sammy King,Pike,Jacobs and countless others coming through and Coach Amburgey choked.Slone was one of the most talked about players in the state coming in as a freshman but never did pan out like expected.Letcher has won titles but they've had talent come through too and should have won more.I suppose Kendall Noble was a thorn to other 14th region coaches as the above poster said.As a matter of fact,I recall Hazard having some great teams in the 90's but they have fell way off and they will struggle mightily this year. I personally hope that doesn't happen but it's not looking good.
Kasi Mullins-Galloway was in the top 10 of the state's all-time leading scorers with 3,295 points in 2005.She was a UK recruit that averaged 22 points for Knott and led them to its best-ever record (23-3). Mullins-Galloway also played at Fairview, East Carter and Boyd County in her career.She was also a 2005 Gatorade player of the year on Knott County's team in 2005.She went to UK but transferred to Gulf Coast or Alice Lloyd I think.That's why Knott won that 2005 year!
Hit N' Run Wrote:Knott had talent oozing through in 2007-2011 and couldn't get it done.Paige Slone,Sammy King,Pike,Jacobs and countless others coming through and Coach Amburgey choked.Slone was one of the most talked about players in the state coming in as a freshman but never did pan out like expected.Letcher has won titles but they've had talent come through too and should have won more.I suppose Kendall Noble was a thorn to other 14th region coaches as the above poster said.As a matter of fact,I recall Hazard having some great teams in the 90's but they have fell way off and they will struggle mightily this year. I personally hope that doesn't happen but it's not looking good.

Yeah, I went to Hazard High in the late 90's. State Champs in 97 and All A State Champs in 97 & 98. But ever since Coach Fannin retired the girls team has had like 3 coaches in the last 5 years. I believe Fannin was coach for 20 years. And I can see another coaching change in the near future.
UK#24 Wrote:Yeah, I went to Hazard High in the late 90's. State Champs in 97 and All A State Champs in 97 & 98. But ever since Coach Fannin retired the girls team has had like 3 coaches in the last 5 years. I believe Fannin was coach for 20 years. And I can see another coaching change in the near future.

That is spot on about a coaching change forthcoming.That's possibly 4 coaches in the last few years if it happens!
Leslie county eagles :Cheerlead
I got Leslie picked three seniors back from last year. Moore, Asher and Farler. I have seen these girls play many times. Moore is good at scoring and can handle the ball. I dont think they give Farler the credit she deserves. She is tough on defense and gets tons of rebounds. Asher is a great player too and in my book should be number 1 player in the region.
I really like Moore as player but Asher works and works.She makes the team click.
Basketballlover Wrote:I got Leslie picked three seniors back from last year. Moore, Asher and Farler. I have seen these girls play many times. Moore is good at scoring and can handle the ball. I dont think they give Farler the credit she deserves. She is tough on defense and gets tons of rebounds. Asher is a great player too and in my book should be number 1 player in the region.

Not going to happen. Knott will be a well oiled machine by tournament time. Mark it down. More mash taters please!!!

:dudecomeon:
Leslie is still my favorite until someone beats them.Play fast and up tempo style.If you want to beat Leslie,you better be in shape this year!
Perry won 2011 and 2012 because of transfer. How many have they won with transfers? Transfers are awful. Powell could have had a serious chance in 2013 and last year if Rogers didn't transfer to Montgomery. I hate transfers.
What Rogers is that?
Keeley Rogers played for Powell last year.
HCS Wrote:What Rogers is that?
Keeley Rogers played for Powell last year.

Erica Rogers. She transferred to Montgomery County from Powell County her 8th grade year
UK#24 Wrote:1. Letcher Central - I'm going with the depth of Letcher as my #1 team. Letcher will have 7 seniors who can all play. Cheyanne Stidham (Sr.) is a top 10 player. But Kim Meade (Sr.) and/or Kristina Bentley (Sr.) could beat a team on any given night. Also Courtney Brock (Sr.), Sara Baker (Sr.), and Kelly Adams (Sr.) are all pretty solid as well. Senior driven team with a great coach in Coach Adams.

2. Leslie County - Leslie returns every player from their 20-12 team in 2013/14 season. Katie Moore (Sr.) is the best player in the region IMO coming off a 24 PPG Jr. year. Brook Asher (Sr.) and Madison Combs (Jr.) both also averaged double-digits last season and look to help Moore led the Lady Eagles to a title. Emily Griffith (So.) is another player to look out for this season. Really Leslie should be my 1B team in the region.

3. Breathitt County -Everyone in the region will have a hard time matching up with Breathitt's size and physical play. Carissa Hatton (Sr.) will be a miss-match for everyone. Olivia Bates (So.) is another solid player for the Lady Bobcats.

4. Powell County - Shayla Lindon will be asked to fulfill the role of Rogers from last season but Lindon has a solid supporting cast around her. Powell will play as hard as anyone in the region.

5. Perry Central - Perry lost more than anyone else in the region from last years team but Coach Napier knows how to win. There is no replacing Kayla Rankin but Whitney Evans (Sr.) is as good of a PG as there is in the region. Allie Sizemore (Jr.) and Perri Coots (Sr.) will step into bigger roles and Morgan Eddington (Jr.) and Tori Watts (Sr.) will be players to look out for this season.

6. Knott County- The future is bright for the Knott County Lady Patriots. Knott only lost 2 players from last years 18-13 team. I think Fallon Slone (Jr.) and Kristen Waugh (So.) will both average double-digits in points this year. Knott has some great middle schoolers coming up as well. Look for 8th grader Jada Higgins to see big minutes on Varsity this year.

7. Jenkins - Whitney Creech (Jr.) will led Jenkins to a lot of victories in 2014/15. Creech will also led the state in scoring but I think the loss of Boggs will hurt their chances of being a top 5 team.

8. Estill County - I love Brian Hall as the new head coach and Kennedy Flynn (Sr.) is a great player who no one really talks about. Flynn averaged 29 PPG last year. Estill also returns Bethany Hall (Sr.) 10 PPG and 6 RPG last year.

9. Buckhorn - Returning Kansas Rice (Sr.) 13 PPG and 8 RPG. Also returning Maidson Couch (Jr.) 12 PPG and Hanna Gabbard 7 PPG and 5 RPG. I believe Buckhorn is tougher than Hazard and can give Perry all they want.

10. Hazard - Kelsi Caudill (Jr.) is a top player when healthy, Susie Chaney (Sr.) and Hannah Webb (Sr.) are returning starters. Destiny Walker (Fr.) is going to be a solid player in the future for the Lady Bulldogs.

UK24, you called it. Higgins led the Pats against Magoffin with scoring and leadership. Multiple steals and solid rebounding. Just think, we get 4 more years of Jada. I think my Pats are going to have to develop some depth on their bench. Fouls plagued us some in the Magoffin game so a bench will be needed with the up tempo style that we play. I would like to see the other Higgins girl get more floor time. This would provide some spark off the bench that we haven't seen yet. Go Pats!

More Mash Tater Please!

:welcome:
All we are hearing is about the Higgins' girl and she hasn't proved anything yet.Can't believe they have her in the starting rotation.She couldn't hold Katie Moore's water bottle.:please:
SNOWPIERCER Wrote:All we are hearing is about the Higgins' girl and she hasn't proved anything yet.Can't believe they have her in the starting rotation.She couldn't hold Katie Moore's water bottle.:please:

Snowman, you need a few helpings of mash taters. Relax son and enjoy the icon that Jada will become. She is Patriot Nation. I want to unveil our team bus for you. Time to Rise Patriot Nation!

More mash taters please!
Hey genius,you only have 4 seats and a driver's seat on the bus?
SNOWPIERCER Wrote:Hey genius,you only have 4 seats and a driver's seat on the bus?

Are you kidding me? Higgins will be driving and the four seats will be used by our role players. SMH??? We are Patriot Nation!

More mash taters please!
What ever happened to Noble from Breathitt?
Pages: 1 2 3