Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 62 Paintsville 8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Belfry will put Pikeville back several notches!!!
Belfry will put Pikeville back in place!
BlueSky Wrote:Belfry will put Pikeville back several notches!!!
Pikeville has no illusions about Belfry. They know how good they are, and they know the odds are stacked against them against a very good Belfry team. There is no "place" to be put into, no "notch" to take them down. Pikeville knows this game will make them better at the end of the season when it is playoff time.
dns Wrote:Don't go with your county friends big guy.. :please:

What's that supposed to mean?
Fellas Belfry will be the best thing to happen to Pikeville. Pikeville will improve a lot from that game whether they win, lose closely, or lose big. Either way playing a top team like us, not being cocky, will benefit a 1A squad.
PHSForever Wrote:Daymion Belcher, 10 carries for 1 yard, Paintsville 37 rush for 104 yards. Daniels was 3-9 for 80 yards and 1 TD. Before the Pikeville starters came out, Paintsville was at 26 carries for 48 yards. Pugh with 13 carries for 150 yards and 5 TD's, I reception for 24 yards and another TD. THAT is domination. Line opened holes for Pugh, no doubt. But y'all can keep Belcher, we're happy with what we got.

Pugh looks good but it want happen when Williamsburg comes to Pikeville...DEFENSE is COMING.....And we are COMING marked it down....Confusednicker:
64, if and when they do meet. Pack you a lunch cuz it will be a long day for that defense.
Mastadon89 Wrote:64, if and when they do meet. Pack you a lunch cuz it will be a long day for that defense.

I still have PHS picked to go to BG, but I did not realize until the other night that Massey was at WHS. That makes that a pick 'em game IMO if it should happen.

Imo, Belfry will take several teams down a few notches this season. Yes, the Panthers are good...very good. However Panther fans are not so ignorant to think we will have an undefeated regular season. One game at a time. Everyone that knows anything about high school football in Ky. knows what Belfry has this season. As other posters have stated, it will benefit the Panthers greatly by scheduling the Pirates. If your looking for redemption, don't fool yourself into thinking otherwise.

Never fails that a Belfry fan will come in and stink up a thread that has nothing to do with them. :eyeroll:
Please keep this on topic - Pikeville/Paintsville
64SUR Wrote:Pugh looks good but it want happen when Williamsburg comes to Pikeville...DEFENSE is COMING.....And we are COMING marked it down....Confusednicker:

We will see. :eyeroll:
Sorry for the delay on the highlights this year. Will try to keep up haha.

Presontsburg and Hazard were both added to those game threads in PHSForever's posts so I didn't bump the threads. Hail Pikeville!

Great Video
This is just a game that needs to be chalked up as a learning experience for the Tigers. It's done and the only good thing to do with it is learn from it. Nothing worked that night. There were bad snaps, Daniel had some good snaps just go through his hands, the O line was almost nonexistent. And, by giving up 62 points, nothing needs to be said about the defense. The coaches know they've got a lot to work on this week and I'm sure they'll make some changes and we'll see a different mindset take the field in the home opener Friday night.
Looks even worse on tape than it did live if that's possible. That is just a beatdown in every sense of the word.
It was bad enough live. I don't want to watch tape of it.
TigerFan3 Wrote:This is just a game that needs to be chalked up as a learning experience for the Tigers. It's done and the only good thing to do with it is learn from it. Nothing worked that night. There were bad snaps, Daniel had some good snaps just go through his hands, the O line was almost nonexistent. And, by giving up 62 points, nothing needs to be said about the defense. The coaches know they've got a lot to work on this week and I'm sure they'll make some changes and we'll see a different mindset take the field in the home opener Friday night.

You're right nothing worked. That might be the most embarrassing game that I've ever watched and its even worse in this highlight film. Offensively and defensively the scheme was atrocious. The line play was nonexistent. The running backs weren't hitting the holes hard and were too lazy to block for each other when they went under center. The blocking on the edge from the wide receivers was horrible as well. On defense we played like we were scared to death. How many times does a team have to run right at you over and over again before you before you put more that 4-6 players in the box? You're also correct that Daniels had some snaps go through his hands but that's probably from constantly running for his life because of high snaps and inadequate line play. This is just a tough pill to swallow but hopefully we will rebound this week and play like we're capable of at home against Valley. Congrats to Pikeville on the win. They have a top notch coaching staff and program and I look for them to make some noise this season and next.
The play by Estep about a minute, 46 seconds into the video demonstrates why we love this kid. A good 15 yac, and drug at least 3 people the whole way. Tough as nails. And the TD by Ben Maynard (#2) about 9 minutes into the tape show the same thing about him. Pugh is the real deal, but Estep, Maynard, Charles, etc are extremely difficult to bring down as well. I loved the line play in this game, thought it was extremely solid, and don't think Paintsville even at full strength does much more than maybe keep the score in the 40's for Pikeville that night.
Wow! Cody Estep with, I think, 4:07 into the play is covered like a blanket on a pass play down field, makes the catch, which seems impossible when you look at it. Just shows what valuable experience he's gained the past few years. The payoff is forthcoming now.
I don't like passing out compliments like this very often, but I've watched Pikeville football for over 40 years (yes, I'm old) and Cody Estep is among the best to ever wear the maroon and white. Offense, defense, special teams, doesn't matter. Special, special player.
Pages: 1 2 3