Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 62 Paintsville 8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Just think what a boost it would have been to Paintsville program the last few years if the Pugh Brothers had played at their daddy's alma mater. Good athletes.
Looks like Paintsville's stay in the WYMT Mountain Top 10 will be brief. Maybe they can rebound.
Couldn't believe my ears when I heard this score. This Tiger team has been hyped up all summer with all the work that they've done in the off season and the talent that they have on the gridiron. Can anyone fill me in as to how this happened?
Tiger Fever Wrote:This is just frustrating to watch. It's obvious after watching the first two games that our staff is going to have to tweak the play calling to succeed the rest of the year. We just simply can't run the ball. Our offensive line is just too inexperienced and we're not getting much effort from our new tailback. I know football is a team game but we have to better utilize our kids. We have the skill players to succeed that's why we have to change up our offense. I would love to see Kash given more opportunities to throw the ball down field to our skill people. Our offense has to revolve around him for us to succeed. This team is going to miss Kent Phelps much more that we ever thought this year also. Compare Kent's numbers last year to last nights numbers and you will see what I'm talking about.

It is frustrating as hell to watch. I was afraid this would happened but hoped it wouldn't. Tried to tell people but people don't want to hear the truth...Don't forget about losing Blake Williams and Prater Helton from last years Offense line.. Don't have three or four starters from last years OL. But I'm not arguing with you about it. Best of luck to the tigers...:happysmile:
Cover3 Wrote:Couldn't believe my ears when I heard this score. This Tiger team has been hyped up all summer with all the work that they've done in the off season and the talent that they have on the gridiron. Can anyone fill me in as to how this happened?

Lost the entire line to graduation and injury. Kent Phelps and Matt Miller were lost for the year due to Injury.. That's it in a nut shell..
Cover3 Wrote:Couldn't believe my ears when I heard this score. This Tiger team has been hyped up all summer with all the work that they've done in the off season and the talent that they have on the gridiron. Can anyone fill me in as to how this happened?

Bob Seger Wrote:Just think what a boost it would have been to Paintsville program the last few years if the Pugh Brothers had played at their daddy's alma mater. Good athletes.

Yes they are!
Congrats to Pikeville on the win, MacNamee is the class coach as is the whole staff. The Pikeville student section was pumped and represented their school very well.
What were Pugh's numbers last night
The sad truth is what this game will do to their confidence going forward. They've been practicing for two months, preparing for pikeville. Every time they broke it down in the huddle I'm sure it was something towards pikeville. They've been told by everyone their going to be the saviors and then not only do they lose they get embarrassed. Paintsville coaching staff could've done a better job calling plays. You don't run between the tackles when you have no tackles. They knew they were outmatched upfront before the game. This is a black eye for everyone involved. Coaching staff should make sure their team knows its their fault if their going to rebound from this.
Tiger Fever Wrote:This is just frustrating to watch. It's obvious after watching the first two games that our staff is going to have to tweak the play calling to succeed the rest of the year. We just simply can't run the ball. Our offensive line is just too inexperienced and we're not getting much effort from our new tailback. I know football is a team game but we have to better utilize our kids. We have the skill players to succeed that's why we have to change up our offense. I would love to see Kash given more opportunities to throw the ball down field to our skill people. Our offense has to revolve around him for us to succeed. This team is going to miss Kent Phelps much more that we ever thought this year also. Compare Kent's numbers last year to last nights numbers and you will see what I'm talking about.
No offense, but their coaches can't call pass plays with confidence if they don't know if the ball will get back to the QB. Lots of high snaps/bad snaps last night. I was really surprised, at this point, the snap should be much cleaner. It is also hard to call pass plays when you don't know if your QB will have time to get the throw off. Daniels was on the run for dear life most of the game.
Do you all think if Morris was at quarter back handing the ball to Daniels and belcher would this help any , Daniels is a hard nose kid I think he wood be hard to tackle out the back field than move him back to qb ween you want two pass , but good luck tigers you just put this one behind you cov cath gave us one of those but whooping last year ,
Congrats Pikeville. Didn't think it would be this lopsided. Pugh continues to roar.

Good luck to both next game.
I thought the biggest difference in this game was Pikeville's just awesome athleticism. Their linemen were fast, skill players were fast, and what else can be said about Pugh other than the fact that he's a monster. Very good field vision too, he made several good cuts in this game that turned into big gains. Paintsville got whipped in the trenches all night long. And I'm not offensive guru by any means but am I wrong in saying that if you have problem snapping the ball in the shotgun, then you shouldn't line up in shotgun? I don't know if it would've made much of a difference considering the penetration the Panther line kept getting all night, but just a thought.
Paintsville didn't look near as impressive as I expected them to be based off the talk that I'd heard, but Pikeville was flat out dominant. I was very impressed with the discipline and execution on their end, both sides of the ball. Congrats to the Panthers and best of luck to both teams the rest of the season.
eagles2011 Wrote:Do you all think if Morris was at quarter back handing the ball to Daniels and belcher would this help any , Daniels is a hard nose kid I think he wood be hard to tackle out the back field than move him back to qb ween you want two pass , but good luck tigers you just put this one behind you cov cath gave us one of those but whooping last year ,

I dont think it matters who is in the backfield or behind center. Phelps and Charles were big losses. But, Paintsville's biggest losses were on the oline. If a qb has no time in the pocket, has to chase snaps, or has no time to even hand a ball off, then its going to be hard to do mch of anything offensively. With the way their line looks, they may be better off going under center more and Belcher hitting the C/D gaps earlier. Raceland's line isnt huge, but they use their quickness and do alot of trapping and counters. Rather than the delay stuff out of the gun. You can still spread people out. Not having a major threat downfield is going to make it difficult though.
I was really hoping that Paintsville was gonna make some noise. Too banged up and too few on the roster I guess.
Yea their numbers arent that high. And they arent that deep at the skill positions.
Wasn't expecting Pikeville to win this badly, figured Paintsville would put up a better fight.
Sure never thought that Paintsville would get beat that bad!!!!!!!
Pugh goes 150 on 13 carries last night.
Daymion Belcher, 10 carries for 1 yard, Paintsville 37 rush for 104 yards. Daniels was 3-9 for 80 yards and 1 TD. Before the Pikeville starters came out, Paintsville was at 26 carries for 48 yards. Pugh with 13 carries for 150 yards and 5 TD's, I reception for 24 yards and another TD. THAT is domination. Line opened holes for Pugh, no doubt. But y'all can keep Belcher, we're happy with what we got.
For Pikeville:

Daric Pugh 13 car, 150 yards, 5 TDs, 1 rec, 24 yds, 1 TD

Austin Charles 6 car, 37 yards, 1 TD, 8/11 164 yards, 1 TD

Cody Estep 5 rec, 112 yards

Ben Maynard 5 car, 69 yards, 1 TD, 1 rec, 5 yards

Evan Rhodes 1 car, 40 yards, TD

AJ Vanderbeck 1 rec, 24 yards

Blake Chalres 1 car, 8 yards

TOTAL:

Rushing: 26 car, 304 yards, 8 TDs

Passing: 8/11, 164 yards, 1 TD

TOTAL: 37 plays, 468 Yards, 9 TDs
Thanks for the stats Thunder :Thumbs:
Pugh is on pace to set some records this season. He keeps this avg up and the make it to the championship, he could have a 60 rushing td season. Whats the record? Does Alexander still hold it?
PHSForever Wrote:Daymion Belcher, 10 carries for 1 yard, Paintsville 37 rush for 104 yards. Daniels was 3-9 for 80 yards and 1 TD. Before the Pikeville starters came out, Paintsville was at 26 carries for 48 yards. Pugh with 13 carries for 150 yards and 5 TD's, I reception for 24 yards and another TD. THAT is domination. Line opened holes for Pugh, no doubt. But y'all can keep Belcher, we're happy with what we got.

I didn't know Belcher was wanting to play at Pikeville but nice win nonetheless.

Pikeville. Panthers
This may be the best Pikeville team in years!

Congrats on the huge statement win!
TigerBlues Wrote:I didn't know Belcher was wanting to play at Pikeville but nice win nonetheless.
He wasn't. I was referring to the people who were talking him up so much. I sure he's a good back, but... Sorry it came across wrong.
Belcher is a good downhill running back. Paintsville simply does not have the line to provide him w running room. I will say having Morris under center would allow another blocker(daniel) for Belcher. I doubt u will see that this early on though. A lack of a deep threat will hurt Paintsville as well. Its hard to do much offensively when a defense base can defend both the run and pass. Not having to load the box or go into nickel or a 3-4 with an extra db is a big factor.
Tiger Fever Wrote:Oh come off of it. You're not fooling anyone anymore. You saw it with your own eyes so don't act like you just heard about it. The fact is we are absolutely terrible in the trenches. We have kids that are playing that shouldn't be but we have no choice in the matter because of the lack of quality lineman in our program and injuries.

Don't go with your county friends big guy.. :please:
PHSForever Wrote:He wasn't. I was referring to the people who were talking him up so much. I sure he's a good back, but... Sorry it came across wrong.

He can't block for himself.
Pages: 1 2 3