Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Which team wins Class: AA Region 4 District 8?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
With the final week of regular season HS football. Which team will be named the champs of Class: AA Region: 4 District: 8? I say Belfry still will get the nod. They play Shelby Valley at home. Sheldon Clark host Magoffin Co. and Prestonsburg will be @ East Ridge. So more than likely a 3 way tie, but is there a chance of any of these 3 teams being upset this week? One never knows what could happen! I know of there is a 3-way tie, it is broke by the non-district total wins by the opposing teams. So Belfry would get it, correct? Possible and most likely match-ups for the 1st rd. of district play. Shelby Valley @ Belfry - Prestonsburg @ Sheldon Clark or vise versa?
more than likley i think the point system will favor belfry, but i dont know, id say belfry will play valley then SC for the title...it'll be a battle at CAM for the title
no one will be the champ until round two of the playoffs
crazytaxidriver Wrote:no one will be the champ until round two of the playoffs

TRUE!!! But what I meant was who will be th top seed, heading into the playoffs. Who gets that #1 seed? Belfry, SC, or P-burg?
Belfry IMO they are good but yea there are good teams in 2A region 8
Belfry will win it.
Belfry will be the #1 seed, if they beat SV.
They win the 3 way tie breaker.
Hear This! Belfry will run that ball Down there throats when we play SC again!!! They Might as well hang it up!!
^don't get off topic...this isn't about the next meeting.. so just stop right there
Belfry or Sheldon Clark.
SC will beat Prestonsburg this time
Belfry will beat SV

Belfry vs. SC

I say Belfry this time around

those are just my predictions.. please don't flame
Belfry
Sheldon Clark!!!
P-burg beats SC again.......Belfry beats SV

Belfry beats P-burg
Sc beats P burg ... Belfry beats SV

Belfry loses to SC again
Who will have the 2 seed. I have heard Pburg and I have heard SC?
1 seed will goto Belfry
2 seed to Sheldon Clark
3 seed to Prestonsburg
4 seed to Shelby Valley

IMO thats how it will go.
Belfry
If Belfry beats Sv then Belfry will be the #1 seed in thr Dist. If by some chance that SV upsets Belfry thrn Prestonsburg wld be # !, because they beay SC in their game.

THE ROAD TO THE STATE GOES THROUGH BELFRYTongueirateSho
For one you all have no clue or understanding of the situation. After Fridays games the standing will be this barring an upset from Shelby Valley
Belfry
Pburg
SC
SV
1st & 4th seed is all that really matters.. 2 & 3 play each other either way
I'm glad we will get to see Pburg and SC play again. The first game just had too many flukes. Where will the game be?
Unless Boyd upsets Ashland or Knott beats Breathitt, it will be (assuming they all win this week:
1) Belfry 8-2
2) Pburg 6-4
3) Sc 9-1
4) Sv 6-4
Belfry!!!
The Pberg, SC game will be @ SC
wanger Wrote:Unless Boyd upsets Ashland or Knott beats Breathitt, it will be (assuming they all win this week:
1) Belfry 8-2
2) Pburg 6-4
3) Sc 9-1
4) Sv 6-4

Prestonsburg has one non district victory worth 5 points
Sheldon Clark has four non district wins worth 9 points
Belfry has three non district wins worth 13 points
Thats what the seeding will be based on.

belfry - sc - pburg - sv
hillbilly Wrote:Prestonsburg has one non district victory worth 5 points
Sheldon Clark has four non district wins worth 9 points
Belfry has three non district wins worth 13 points
Thats what the seeding will be based on.

belfry - sc - pburg - sv
Incorrect.... the seeding has nothing to do specifically with no-district teams, aimply put..each team takes 4 teams they defeated that ARE NOT SC, Belfry, or Pburg. This can and will include district teams. The number of wins of those 4 chosen opponents determines the seeding.

Thus:
Belfry- New Cath 5 wins, Pikeville 7, Valley 5, Pike Central 4 = 21 points
Pburg- Valley 5, Paintsville 5, Pike Central 4, Magoffin 3 = 17 points
SC- Valley 5, Boyd County 4, Pike Central 4, Knott Central 3 = 16 points
Valley
This debate will never end
orisonspi Wrote:Incorrect.... the seeding has nothing to do specifically with no-district teams, aimply put..each team takes 4 teams they defeated that ARE NOT SC, Belfry, or Pburg. This can and will include district teams. The number of wins of those 4 chosen opponents determines the seeding.

Thus:
Belfry- New Cath 5 wins, Pikeville 7, Valley 5, Pike Central 4 = 21 points
Pburg- Valley 5, Paintsville 5, Pike Central 4, Magoffin 3 = 17 points
SC- Valley 5, Boyd County 4, Pike Central 4, Knott Central 3 = 16 points
Valley

When did they change it to this format or did they? I always thought it was by NON-DISTRICT games only.
I am not sure but it is definately listed in the current KHSAA handbook as the way I have listed.
Pages: 1 2