Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville vs Pikeville
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
wanger Wrote:Pikeville should dominate till the end. Something is not right in Paintsville when you only beat South Floyd by 8

up until last year, south floyd had beat paintsville 2 years in a row
IRISH4 Wrote:Did heIPugh) tell you he's playing scared???
No, but it's apparent in the way he plays.
Hell, I'd be scared against Pikeville's D too. :Clap:
wanger Wrote:Pikeville should dominate till the end. Something is not right in Paintsville when you only beat South Floyd by 8

Somethins not right in Pikeville when you only beat Jenkins by 7. But you're right, things aren't so great down here in the city between the lakes. They dressed only 20 players against SF, 18 against Hazard and 19 against JC. The numbers have never been that low in Paintsville, not that I can remember anyways.
Old Timer Wrote:No, but it's apparent in the way he plays.

He didn't play scared against JC's D and believe me, JC's D is a few levels higher than Pikeville's.

Statements like this is why they should not let 6 year olds post on forums.Rolleyes
IRISH4 Wrote:LOL....well Paintsville is down to around 18 players from what I've heard on here, but Pikeville is a tough team and always gets tougher down the stretch. Paintsville hasn't played great as of late and Pikeville drilled Hazard who beat Paintsville several weeks ago by 2 TD's.

Paintsville got their squad back up to around 23 this week, but not a very healthy 23, and will probably only suit up about 18 players that will be 75% or better. Just can't get healthy and that is terrible!
Pikeville by a lot
Pikeville-56
Paintsville-6

Pikeville's defense aren't world beaters so I don't know if Pugh would be scared or not. Yeah, some kids are intimidated by the name across a jersey...but I don't think a kid that is also a boxer would be scared of anything. They have lost several games this season and haven't played well in others. So scared, I don't know...but Pikeville will still roll big in this game.
Pikeville early and often. Pugh will, on the other hand, score at least 1 td and tie the record.

Pikeville 48
Paintsville 12
This win belongs to Pikeville!
Pikeville
Pikeville will win if the team that played hazard shows up. On the other hand if they dont then it might be a barn burner.

I dont think Pugh is playing scared but im not sure that he is playing to his ability which you cant say much with the O-line hes got.
A few notes:

Daniel Pugh is a player any coach would want on their team. Practices hard, gives it is all on both sides of the ball and doesn't complain about anything. Does he get upset at times, sure, but its probably because he feels that he is letting his team down because he can't do it all.

Paintsville is young/unexperienced. 4 new starters on O-line and completely new WR core and backfield (other than Pugh)

Some of the kids in our school system need to take some pride and play football. I don't blame the kids for not playing-its not their fault but Paintsville is a small school and ALL THE COACHES OF EVERY SPORT need to come together and ENCOURAGE the athletes to play more than just one sport. Paintsville would be a different team right now if VanHoose, Grimm, Bundy, Stafford, and Ferguson were lacing them up this week.

Also, Pugh selling out the basketball team by not playing, give me a break. If the coaching staff balmed you (personally) for a loss, would you want to play for them? What ever happened to coaches taking the blame for loses? Plus, if they want to throw him under the bus, what could we say about those who "chose" to not play football? Once again, I am not blaming the kids, but this in-school battle over athletes has got to stop ASAP.

People are pointing figers at Coach Allen, thats fine he's a man and can take it, but be realistic, Matney, Jackson, Haywood, et al. could not do much with just 18 players. 18 young players at that. Those who are blaming Coach Allen do not understand the current circumstances at PHS, I hate to bring this to the surface, but if nothing gets said then nothing gets done, and I for one am not the type to see injustices being done and stand by and take it.

Now, as for the game- GO TIGERS
Now, as for the game- Pikeville wins!
TRAIN85 Wrote:Now, as for the game- Pikeville wins!

Well put their CHOO CHOO.
Thank you and please don't roll any barrells at me.
Udon'tKnowMe Wrote:A few notes:

Daniel Pugh is a player any coach would want on their team. Practices hard, gives it is all on both sides of the ball and doesn't complain about anything. Does he get upset at times, sure, but its probably because he feels that he is letting his team down because he can't do it all.

Paintsville is young/unexperienced. 4 new starters on O-line and completely new WR core and backfield (other than Pugh)

Some of the kids in our school system need to take some pride and play football. I don't blame the kids for not playing-its not their fault but Paintsville is a small school and ALL THE COACHES OF EVERY SPORT need to come together and ENCOURAGE the athletes to play more than just one sport. Paintsville would be a different team right now if VanHoose, Grimm, Bundy, Stafford, and Ferguson were lacing them up this week.

Also, Pugh selling out the basketball team by not playing, give me a break. If the coaching staff balmed you (personally) for a loss, would you want to play for them? What ever happened to coaches taking the blame for loses? Plus, if they want to throw him under the bus, what could we say about those who "chose" to not play football? Once again, I am not blaming the kids, but this in-school battle over athletes has got to stop ASAP.

People are pointing figers at Coach Allen, thats fine he's a man and can take it, but be realistic, Matney, Jackson, Haywood, et al. could not do much with just 18 players. 18 young players at that. Those who are blaming Coach Allen do not understand the current circumstances at PHS, I hate to bring this to the surface, but if nothing gets said then nothing gets done, and I for one am not the type to see injustices being done and stand by and take it.

Now, as for the game- GO TIGERS
Maybe someone should talk to your athletic director to see if he could help get all of the coaches to agree to share players and encourage the kids to play multiple sports.

Ooops......... I forgot, he's your basketball coach isn't he?
Pikeville easy, WONT BE NO MORE JENKINS games for the panthers this season.
42-7, repeat score from last week.
Getum-Choppin Wrote:Pikeville easy, WONT BE NO MORE JENKINS games for the panthers this season.
42-7, repeat score from last week.
acutally there will be another jenkins game in the playoffs! LOL just playin around. but for real I hope jenkins can come out on top this time, they played a bad game that day too.
rooster Wrote:Maybe someone should talk to your athletic director to see if he could help get all of the coaches to agree to share players and encourage the kids to play multiple sports.

Ooops......... I forgot, he's your basketball coach isn't he?

Maybe they should talk to the AD!

BMR is a great coach and he did well as football coach last year, not only in results, but in getting the players out. But he has had a time controlling the players on the Tiger Basketball team, or so it would appear. I can't blame him for not coaching football and basketball this year because you can't do both justice as I said before when he decided to become football coach for last year. He is very good at both, but it is hard to do both, at least now days. This is especially true when you are trying to groom a very talented basketball team and get them to Rupp. As for Pugh, he is a great athlete, both in basketball and football (and baseball). But for whatever reason, there was friction between some of the players last year on the basketball team, Pugh included. If he doesn't play basketball, and I am not saying he shouldn't, it may end up being for the best or it may not. Whether he plays or not, the basketball team has got to have chemistry, cooperation, and team work to win. And the players need to be fully committed to their roles and the team concept. If they don't then they will not get their trip to Rupp.

As for some players not playing football, you can't blame them if they choose not to play or to just play one sport. But if there is something else going on, then that needs to be looked at. But anyway, all football teams have their down times, and Paintsville will be okay.
football_fan Wrote:acutally there will be another jenkins game in the playoffs! LOL just playin around. but for real I hope jenkins can come out on top this time, they played a bad game that day too.
haha thats right
EKY Sportster Wrote:Maybe they should talk to the AD!

BMR is a great coach and he did well as football coach last year, not only in results, but in getting the players out. But he has had a time controlling the players on the Tiger Basketball team, or so it would appear. I can't blame him for not coaching football and basketball this year because you can't do both justice as I said before when he decided to become football coach for last year. He is very good at both, but it is hard to do both, at least now days. This is especially true when you are trying to groom a very talented basketball team and get them to Rupp. As for Pugh, he is a great athlete, both in basketball and football (and baseball). But for whatever reason, there was friction between some of the players last year on the basketball team, Pugh included. If he doesn't play basketball, and I am not saying he shouldn't, it may end up being for the best or it may not. Whether he plays or not, the basketball team has got to have chemistry, cooperation, and team work to win. And the players need to be fully committed to their roles and the team concept. If they don't then they will not get their trip to Rupp.

As for some players not playing football, you can't blame them if they choose not to play or to just play one sport. But if there is something else going on, then that needs to be looked at. But anyway, all football teams have their down times, and Paintsville will be okay.
Ego and personality problems are what have caused a lot of the football problems this year, along with the Matney factor(and I am not talking about Apple Bowl scores). I dont think that Bill Mike fully realized the consequences that the football program would pay for when he pulled a power play to get the football job last year and deny Chuke the job. And lets be honest,that what it was all about. Anything just to keep his arch enemy out of control of the football program.

Bill Mike might be a great football coach, we may never know that for sure because he had a team loaded with talent last year that major coaching ability didn't play that great of a factor in to begin with. And now he is done with that. It would have been interesting to see what he really could do as far as developing players year after year, then we would have had a real idea on what kind of a football coach he is or could have been. Shoot all we heard when BMR took the football job was that that it had always always been his dream job, not basketball. Besides, all he has said, each and every year, for the last 3 years when he has stated that he wasn't coming back and concerning the current class and the possibility of another regional championship was "Been there, done that."
He may have been there and done that, but if he remains as head coach he better be there and do it again. Otherwise, with each blown season, his accomplishments become less important. You can't live in the past forever. He needs to step up to the plate and do his job as head basketball coach and as AD he needs to put the Tigers first.

As for the football team, you have to have a decent coach to win, but beyond that the most important role of the head coach is getting the players out. That is something that the Paintsville football coaches haven't done this year. But my gosh, when you have had Lemaster one year, (basically Chuke the next year), then BMR, and now Allen, why would a player want to play. To much politics. Once they can get settled and keep a coach in place, the players will return. I just hope that Matney's success doesn't drive some of the younger Tiger players to JC before they start high school??
Let's get back on topic! How about someone starting a line on this game so we can bet on it!
[QUOTE=EKY Sportster][QUOTE]He may have been there and done that, but if he remains as head coach he better be there and do it again. Otherwise, with each blown season, his accomplishments become less important. You can't live in the past forever. He needs to step up to the plate and do his job as head basketball coach and as AD he needs to put the Tigers first. [/QUOTE]

It appears that neither is the priority right now. Politics seems to be the priority.

[QUOTE]As for the football team, you have to have a decent coach to win, but beyond that the most important role of the head coach is getting the players out. That is something that the Paintsville football coaches haven't done this year. But my gosh, when you have had Lemaster one year, (basically Chuke the next year), then BMR, and now Allen, why would a player want to play. To much politics. Once they can get settled and keep a coach in place, the players will return. I just hope that Matney's success doesn't drive some of the younger Tiger players to JC before they start high school??
[/QUOTE]
Already rumblings of that, and I think you'll see some of that. You would have lost some varsity players this year if a few could have gotten eligible. A few certainly tried.
This is not a JC - Paintsville thread. You can start another thread on the subject. This all goes on with all city - county schools in the same locale.
hillbilly Wrote:This is not a JC - Paintsville thread. You can start another thread on the subject. This all goes on with all city - county schools in the same locale.

I agree. If we can't seem to right this ship and quick the thread will be closed!
Pikeville wins in a blowout!
Pikeville wins huge! Paintsville can't beat Pikeville the way they are playing, only beating South Floyd by eight.
Pages: 1 2 3 4