Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville vs Pikeville
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Train, maybe hillbilly is your Mom????
Ill take pikeville in this one 21-7
fox sports Wrote:Train, maybe hillbilly is your Mom????
i guess thats what he meant then, since he is not my dad.
football_fan Wrote:Ill take pikeville in this one 21-7
If the Panthers come like they did this past week look for a more lopsided score.
TRAIN85 Wrote:if the panthers come like they did this past week look for a more lopsided score

NO Doubt!!!:thumpsup:
Pikeville should win but it could be a good game.
If Pikeville plays like they have been they will kill them, but if they slip up they could be hurting.
Good luck to both teams, but Pikeville will pull this one out if Paintsville dont play their A game friday night.
I see Pikeville rolling, 52-0...Pikeville's D is stingy and I dont see them giving up cheap scores even with the JV in...

Has the playoff format been changed too? does the district #4 play the same district's #1? I would appreciate the info!...Thanks a lot!
fballfan07 Wrote:i see pikeville rolling, 52-0...pikeville's D is stingy and i dont see them giving up cheap scores even with the JV in...

has the playoff format been changed too? does the district #4 play the same district's #1? I would appreciate the info!...Thankx a lot!

Jenkins will visit Pikeville first round in Class A(4 vs 1).
Player5622Sounds to me like you don't even know Daniel Pugh. Anyone who would make a statement like, he's cocky or dosen't play with heart, don't know him at all. He is a confident young man in what he does on the field, court or diamond. If you knew him you would change your tune. He plays hard and leaves everything he has out there. Is it his fault he's had 4 different offensive coordinaters in four years? No it isn't.
You are eager to blame him for the coaches lack of knowledge. He runs what the coach sends in the huddle. You can't blame him for his coachs' lack of experience of setting up plays that will produce yardage.
I read on another thread that the basketball team will be better off without him playing this year. Since he is the only one who can and will defend on both ends of the court . The basketball team will miss him. Any team would miss a player of his caliber.
I'd say Jamie McCarty is thrilled that he's not playing. He shut Jamie out in the distriict tourney until the last two minutes of the game when Paintsville went into the 2-3 zone. Jamie came down and drained 3 straight 3's.
These posts seem to me like there is a lot of jealousy out there, if not you wouldn't be reading about Pugh so much.
It's pretty easy to sit back and critize when you know nothing about the coaches and what they are trying to do.
I've been around this game and all the games in which he has participated in, and have seen some very talented athletes in all the sports in this county for over 40 years. Pugh is one of the best athletes to come through this school system in a long time. He plays hard and plays with more heart than most. Winning is the most important thing to him regardless what sport he's playing. He has always put the team good ahead of personal achievements.
Now, as far as records are conserned he does have a shot at Mike Minix touchdown record which is 103 TD's. Mike got all his TD's running the ball. Daniel has 102 TD's rushing and passing combined. Daniel needs 1 TD to tie and 2 to break the record. He got # 100 against JC in the apple bowl, and no he didn't get it against the second or third string. Jim brought his 1st team back into the game. That's who he got it against. I'm getting tired of reading posts about young men who really give their all to the sport they are playing from people like you who probably have never played a team sport and are really jealous of their accomplishments. By the way Mike minix is the only High School All-American that has com out of either Paintsville or Johnson Central.
He is already the all time TD leader at QB at this school and probably this county. He holds the record for TD's in one game, 10 against Evarts in the play offs last year. He holds the record for most TD's in a season 43, last year. When you play a sport, records don't enter your mind. When you get this close and someone says you need only so many TD's to surpass a great athlete like Mike Minix then the coach should be trying to figure out how to get it for him. Not all coaches can say they coached a young man that set any kind of record at any school.
kyrifle Wrote:Player5622Sounds to me like you don't even know Daniel Pugh. Anyone who would make a statement like, he's cocky or dosen't play with heart, don't know him at all. He is a confident young man in what he does on the field, court or diamond. If you knew him you would change your tune. He plays hard and leaves everything he has out there. Is it his fault he's had 4 different offensive coordinaters in four years? No it isn't.
You are eager to blame him for the coaches lack of knowledge. He runs what the coach sends in the huddle. You can't blame him for his coachs' lack of experience of setting up plays that will produce yardage.
I read on another thread that the basketball team will be better off without him playing this year. Since he is the only one who can and will defend on both ends of the court . The basketball team will miss him. Any team would miss a player of his caliber.
I'd say Jamie McCarty is thrilled that he's not playing. He shut Jamie out in the distriict tourney until the last two minutes of the game when Paintsville went into the 2-3 zone. Jamie came down and drained 3 straight 3's.
These posts seem to me like there is a lot of jealousy out there, if not you wouldn't be reading about Pugh so much.
It's pretty easy to sit back and critize when you know nothing about the coaches and what they are trying to do.
I've been around this game and all the games in which he has participated in, and have seen some very talented athletes in all the sports in this county for over 40 years. Pugh is one of the best athletes to come through this school system in a long time. He plays hard and plays with more heart than most. Winning is the most important thing to him regardless what sport he's playing. He has always put the team good ahead of personal achievements.
Now, as far as records are conserned he does have a shot at Mike Minix touchdown record which is 103 TD's. Mike got all his TD's running the ball. Daniel has 102 TD's rushing and passing combined. Daniel needs 1 TD to tie and 2 to break the record. He got # 100 against JC in the apple bowl, and no he didn't get it against the second or third string. Jim brought his 1st team back into the game. That's who he got it against. I'm getting tired of reading posts about young men who really give their all to the sport they are playing from people like you who probably have never played a team sport and are really jealous of their accomplishments. By the way Mike minix is the only High School All-American that has com out of either Paintsville or Johnson Central.
He is already the all time TD leader at QB at this school and probably this county. He holds the record for TD's in one game, 10 against Evarts in the play offs last year. He holds the record for most TD's in a season 43, last year. When you play a sport, records don't enter your mind. When you get this close and someone says you need only so many TD's to surpass a great athlete like Mike Minix then the coach should be trying to figure out how to get it for him. Not all coaches can say they coached a young man that set any kind of record at any school.

:thumpsup: Excellent post! I agree with 95% of it!!
GREAT post kyrifle, great post.
fballfan07 Wrote:i see pikeville rolling, 52-0...pikeville's D is stingy and i dont see them giving up cheap scores even with the JV in...

has the playoff format been changed too? does the district #4 play the same district's #1? I would appreciate the info!...Thankx a lot!

Against like opponents, Pikeville is 6-0 while giving up 7.6 points a game. Paintsville is 4-2 allowing 13 points a game.
On offense in those games, Pikeville averaged 40 points per game while the Tigers averaged 28.3 per contest.

So, if you go by the numbers it looks like Pikeville by a score of 31-14.

We will have to wait and see!
I think that Pikeville wins big in this one.......Paintsville looked like a good middle school team against South Floyd this past friday....
Paintsville may seems to be a bit down this year, but never count the tigers out for any means. Pugh is a dangerous duel threat QB as he can hurt you by throwing or mainly running.

Im going with:
Pikeville-35
Paintsville-14
JumperFootball Wrote:Paintsville may seems to be a bit down this year, but never count the tigers out for any means. Pugh is a dangerous duel threat QB as he can hurt you by throwing or mainly running.

Im going with:
Pikeville-35
Paintsville-14

Not when Pikeville will have a couple players on him at all times. As bad as I hate to say it, Pikeville will roll big.
Pikeville by a lot, but since it's at Paintsville(on senior night) it won't be as bad as it could be. I'll take Pikeville by 4 TD's.
IRISH4 Wrote:Pikeville by a lot, but since it's at Paintsville(on senior night) it won't be as bad as it could be. I'll take Pikeville by 4 TD's.

Smile You call that, "not as bad"

Good one IRISH.
Pikeville wins easily imo, but if Paintsville wins and Hazard beats Phelps does Hazard get the #1 seed??? if so Go Tigers!!!!!
Pikeville 37-8
Pikeville 56
Paintsville 7
Redneck Wrote:Smile You call that, "not as bad"

Good one IRISH.

LOL....well Paintsville is down to around 18 players from what I've heard on here, but Pikeville is a tough team and always gets tougher down the stretch. Paintsville hasn't played great as of late and Pikeville drilled Hazard who beat Paintsville several weeks ago by 2 TD's.
Pikeville has to contain Daniel Pugh. If they can do that then the game won't be close.
pikeville by as much as they want... pugh is playin scared... and pikeville is not number 10 in the mountains because of their name, pikeville runs away with this one
Pikeville will run away with it if the same team that showed up against Hazard shows up.
HSFootballFreak Wrote:pikeville by as much as they want... pugh is playin scared... and pikeville is not number 10 in the mountains because of their name, pikeville runs away with this one

Did he tell you he's playing scared???
Pikeville should dominate till the end. Something is not right in Paintsville when you only beat South Floyd by 8
Paintsville will probably play Pikeville tough early becuase its a rivalry game that dates back to the Hillard Howard and Walter Brugh days, but Pikeville has too much talent,speed and strength up front for Paintsville to match up with.
Pikeville-42
Paintsville-12
Pikeville wins big....
Pages: 1 2 3 4